|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Renee's profession?
2. How has life in the West been for Gallimard?
(a) Hard work.
(b) A relaxing situation.
(c) A disappointment.
(d) A healthy change.
3. What does the banner state that is unveiled at the end of Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "The Actor Serves the People!"
(b) "The Actor Lives!"
(c) "The Actor Denies and Dies!"
(d) "The Actor is Rehabilitated!"
4. What does Chin want Song to find out?
(a) When they will assassinate the President.
(b) If America plans on moving into China.
(c) When America is planning on bombing Vietnam.
(d) When they will assassinate Chairman Mao.
5. Where does Song say she will be when the audience returns from their five-minute break?
(a) Right where they left her.
(b) Where they least expect her to be.
(d) In court.
6. Finish Gallimard's sentence: "Oriental women - when they're good they're very good, but when they're bad..."
(a) "...they're Americans."
(b) "...they're men."
(c) "...they're Christians."
(d) "...they're women."
7. What does Gallimard want Toulon to tell the Americans?
(a) The Americas should protectthe Orient.
(b) There is a natural affinity between the West and the Orient.
(c) There is a bond of trust between the East and West.
(d) There is a natural affinity between America and France.
8. Which character is watching Scene 7?
(d) Every character in the cast.
9. How does Song respond when Chin asks how Song came to live in an exalted position?
(a) "I was a plaything for the Imperialists!"
(b) "I was a plaything for a Frenchman!"
(c) "I loved a perfect man!"
(d) "I was a plaything for the white devils!"
10. How does Song define the Chinese?
(d) Hopeless romantics.
11. Finish the sentence: "We must conserve our strength for the battles..."
(a) "...we know how to battle."
(b) "...we can win."
(c) "...we know of."
(d) "...we can't lose."
12. What kind of baby does Song want to present to Gallimard?
(a) A baby with brown eyes.
(b) A beautiful baby.
(c) A baby boy.
(d) A big baby.
13. What is one of the things about Song that Gallimard considers to be rare?
(a) She sings like a bird.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She listens to him.
(d) She will pleasure him.
14. What does Gallimard feel about his inability to produce a child?
(a) God is judging him.
(b) He doesn't care.
(c) He is the woman of the marriage.
(d) God is laughing at him.
15. What did the doctor find was wrong with Helga?
(a) She is barren.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is too old to get pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toulon find irritating?
2. What is Song's response when Chin wants to know how Song retains all the information?
3. What does Song say is necessary to counter a counter-revolutionary act?
4. Where does Scene 10 take place?
5. Who do the Vietnamese generals plan on assassinating?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)