|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chin think about actors?
(a) They're all weirdos.
(b) They're all women.
(c) They're all homosexuals.
(d) They're all poor people.
2. Who does Comrade Chin report to?
(a) Ho Chi Minh.
(c) Chairman Mao.
(d) Comrade Kang.
3. What does Song tell Gallimard he was to her?
(a) Her greatest acting challenge.
(b) Her greatest love.
(c) Her greatest lie.
(d) Her only way out of China.
4. According to the commentary that Gallimard reads in Act 2, Scene 1, what does every man want to do to Pinkerton when they watch Madame Butterfly?
(a) Shake his hand.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Kick him.
5. What is NOT one of things that Renee's father imports into the Third World?
(a) Hula hoops.
(b) Coffee mugs.
(c) Squirt guns.
(d) Confectioner's sugar.
6. What does Song say she wants to do now that her life as an actor is over?
(a) She wants to live.
(b) She wants to serve the people.
(c) She wants to live in luxury.
(d) She wants to act.
7. How has life in the West been for Gallimard?
(a) Hard work.
(b) A healthy change.
(c) A disappointment.
(d) A relaxing situation.
8. In the end, what was a reason for Gallimard's refusal to go to the doctor?
(a) Going to the doctor would end in Helga being pregnant.
(b) Going to the doctor would question his manhood.
(c) Going to the doctor would make him a woman.
(d) Going to the doctor would make Song unhappy.
9. What does Song realize Gallimard wants her to do?
(a) To want him.
(b) To submit to him.
(c) To pleasure him.
(d) To leave him.
10. What is one of the things about Song that Gallimard considers to be rare?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She listens to him.
(c) She will pleasure him.
(d) She sings like a bird.
11. What does Song say is necessary to counter a counter-revolutionary act?
(a) A revolutionary act.
(b) An act of violence.
(c) A counter-revolutionary act.
(d) An act of desperation.
12. What does Chin want to make sure that Song remembers?
(a) Women are stupid.
(b) There is no homosexuality in China.
(c) Her acts are for the greater good.
(d) Women have no respect in China.
13. What does the banner state that is unveiled at the end of Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "The Actor Serves the People!"
(b) "The Actor Denies and Dies!"
(c) "The Actor is Rehabilitated!"
(d) "The Actor Lives!"
14. What does Gallimard ask Song after they talk about Gallimard's conversation with Helga regarding the doctor visit?
(a) If she wants to have his baby.
(b) If she wants to marry him.
(c) If he should leave Helga.
(d) If she is happy with him.
15. How does Song define the Chinese?
(a) Hopeless romantics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gallimard want after Song announces she is pregnant?
2. According to Chin, where does pollution begin?
3. What does Gallimard feel about his inability to produce a child?
4. What kind of baby does Song want to present to Gallimard?
5. What does Toulon find irritating?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)