Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing that Helga says to Gallimard?
(a) "I hope everyone is mean to you for the rest of your life."
(b) "I regret everything."
(c) "I hope you never find love."
(d) "How horrible I can figure that out."
2. What does Toulon ask Gallimard to do for him in France?
(a) Make some real money.
(b) Eat a croissant.
(c) Get a good night's sleep.
(d) Sleep with his wife.
3. How has life in the West been for Gallimard?
(a) A disappointment.
(b) A relaxing situation.
(c) A healthy change.
(d) Hard work.
4. Who do the Vietnamese generals plan on assassinating?
(a) Ho Chi Minh.
(b) The president of France.
(c) Chairman Mao.
(d) President Diem.
5. What idea of Song's does Gallimard repeat to Toulon?
(a) The Chinese culture is rooted two-thousad years in the past.
(b) The Chinese are kept ignorant equally.
(c) The Chinese miss the old days.
(d) The Chinese are afraid of power.
6. What does Song say she wants to do now that her life as an actor is over?
(a) She wants to live.
(b) She wants to act.
(c) She wants to serve the people.
(d) She wants to live in luxury.
7. According to Marc, how was Gallimard a different man in China?
(a) He was white.
(b) He was gifted.
(c) He was rich.
(d) He loved the perfect woman.
8. What did the doctor find was wrong with Helga?
(b) She is barren.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She is too old to get pregnant.
9. What does Chin want Song to find out?
(a) When they will assassinate the President.
(b) When they will assassinate Chairman Mao.
(c) If America plans on moving into China.
(d) When America is planning on bombing Vietnam.
10. In what years does Scene 5 take place?
(a) 1986-present day.
11. What does Song call Gallimard's society?
12. In what year does Scene 10 take place?
13. What does Gallimard ask Song after they talk about Gallimard's conversation with Helga regarding the doctor visit?
(a) If she wants to marry him.
(b) If she is happy with him.
(c) If she wants to have his baby.
(d) If he should leave Helga.
14. What does Chin want to make sure that Song remembers?
(a) There is no homosexuality in China.
(b) Women are stupid.
(c) Her acts are for the greater good.
(d) Women have no respect in China.
15. At what point in the plot does Scene 8 pick up?
(a) Song wanted to name the baby Peepee.
(b) When Song announced she was pregnant.
(c) Song begged Gallimard to marry her.
(d) Song asked Gallimard to leave Helga.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason Song gives for not wanting to marry Gallimard?
2. What does Gallimard say his job affects?
3. In the end, what was a reason for Gallimard's refusal to go to the doctor?
4. What does Song tell Gallimard he was to her?
5. Why does Song believe women's roles in opera are played by men?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)