|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gallimard envision when he walked toward Song to strip her?
(b) Pinkerton stalking Butterfly.
(c) Pinkerton leaving Butterfly.
2. According to Chin, where does pollution begin?
(c) The Orient.
(d) The West.
3. What does Gallimard want Toulon to tell the Americans?
(a) There is a natural affinity between America and France.
(b) There is a bond of trust between the East and West.
(c) The Americas should protectthe Orient.
(d) There is a natural affinity between the West and the Orient.
4. What does Gallimard want after his encounter with Toulon?
(c) A night with Renee.
(d) A shoulder to cry on.
5. Who does Comrade Chin report to?
(a) Chairman Mao.
(c) Ho Chi Minh.
(d) Comrade Kang.
6. What is Renee's profession?
7. What does Chin want to make sure that Song remembers?
(a) There is no homosexuality in China.
(b) Women have no respect in China.
(c) Women are stupid.
(d) Her acts are for the greater good.
8. According to Song, what does happiness look like?
(b) A baby.
9. Where does Scene 10 take place?
(a) Gallimard's flat in Beijing.
(b) Mao's palace.
(c) A commune.
(d) Comrade Chin's home.
10. What does Song call Gallimard's society?
11. Finish Gallimard's sentence: "Oriental women - when they're good they're very good, but when they're bad..."
(a) "...they're men."
(b) "...they're Christians."
(c) "...they're Americans."
(d) "...they're women."
12. In what year does Scene 8 take place?
13. What happened to Helga on her way home from the grocery store?
(a) She sees people looting a store.
(b) She is fascinated by a student's speech.
(c) She is hosed down by some policemen.
(d) She sees some policemen beating some students.
14. According to Marc, how was Gallimard a different man in China?
(a) He was rich.
(b) He was white.
(c) He was gifted.
(d) He loved the perfect woman.
15. What is NOT one of things that Renee's father imports into the Third World?
(a) Coffee mugs.
(b) Squirt guns.
(c) Hula hoops.
(d) Confectioner's sugar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason Song gives for not wanting to marry Gallimard?
2. Which character is watching Scene 7?
3. How much time passes between the year Gallimard is fired from the embassy and the year Song travels to France to live with him?
4. What does Chin want Song to find out?
5. In Act 2, Scene 11, what does Gallimard want from Helga?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)