|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chin enters, what does Gallimard beg of the audience?
(a) To try to see it from his point of view,
(b) To side with whoever they see fit.
(c) To judge Song for what she is doing.
(d) To love Song despite her betrayal.
2. Where does Scene 10 take place?
(a) Mao's palace.
(b) Gallimard's flat in Beijing.
(c) Comrade Chin's home.
(d) A commune.
3. According to Marc, how was Gallimard a different man in China?
(a) He was rich.
(b) He was gifted.
(c) He was white.
(d) He loved the perfect woman.
4. What does Chin want to make sure that Song remembers?
(a) Women are stupid.
(b) Women have no respect in China.
(c) Her acts are for the greater good.
(d) There is no homosexuality in China.
5. Where does Song say she will be when the audience returns from their five-minute break?
(b) In court.
(c) Right where they left her.
(d) Where they least expect her to be.
6. What happened to Helga on her way home from the grocery store?
(a) She sees people looting a store.
(b) She is hosed down by some policemen.
(c) She is fascinated by a student's speech.
(d) She sees some policemen beating some students.
7. What is one of the things about Song that Gallimard considers to be rare?
(a) She listens to him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She sings like a bird.
(d) She will pleasure him.
8. What idea of Song's does Gallimard repeat to Toulon?
(a) The Chinese miss the old days.
(b) The Chinese are afraid of power.
(c) The Chinese culture is rooted two-thousad years in the past.
(d) The Chinese are kept ignorant equally.
9. What does Song call Gallimard's society?
10. Who do the Vietnamese generals plan on assassinating?
(a) Chairman Mao.
(b) Ho Chi Minh.
(c) President Diem.
(d) The president of France.
11. According to Chin, where does pollution begin?
(b) The Orient.
(c) The West.
12. In what year does Scene 8 take place?
13. Finish the sentence: "We must conserve our strength for the battles..."
(a) "...we know of."
(b) "...we know how to battle."
(c) "...we can win."
(d) "...we can't lose."
14. What is the last thing that Helga says to Gallimard?
(a) "I hope everyone is mean to you for the rest of your life."
(b) "I regret everything."
(c) "I hope you never find love."
(d) "How horrible I can figure that out."
15. How does Song respond when Chin asks how Song came to live in an exalted position?
(a) "I was a plaything for the Imperialists!"
(b) "I was a plaything for the white devils!"
(c) "I loved a perfect man!"
(d) "I was a plaything for a Frenchman!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gallimard want Toulon to tell the Americans?
2. What does Chin think about actors?
3. At what point in the plot does Scene 8 pick up?
4. What did Gallimard envision when he walked toward Song to strip her?
5. What is Gallimard's opinion of the baby?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)