|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gallimard meet Renee?
(a) A party at the Australian embassy.
(b) A party at Toulon's home.
(c) A party at Gallimard's home.
(d) A party at the Austrian embassy.
2. What does Gallimard have to say about Chairman Mao's cult?
(a) It will die out soon.
(b) It has died out.
(c) It would rule the world very soon.
(d) It has become very strong.
3. How does Song respond when Chin asks how Song came to live in an exalted position?
(a) "I was a plaything for a Frenchman!"
(b) "I was a plaything for the white devils!"
(c) "I was a plaything for the Imperialists!"
(d) "I loved a perfect man!"
4. Why does Song believe women's roles in opera are played by men?
(a) Song believes only a man knows how a woman should act.
(b) Song believes China wants to keep women unstimulated.
(c) Song believes a woman is too smart to act.
(d) Song believes women can't act.
5. In what year does Scene 10 take place?
6. How does Toulon feel about Gallimard's infidelity?
(a) He is disgusted.
(b) He finds it hilarious.
(c) He denies it is happening.
(d) He approves.
7. Where does Scene 7 take place?
(a) Helga and Gallimard's house.
(b) Toulon's house.
(c) Gallimard and Song's flat.
(d) Chin's office.
8. What is NOT one of things that Renee's father imports into the Third World?
(a) Coffee mugs.
(b) Confectioner's sugar.
(c) Hula hoops.
(d) Squirt guns.
9. What does Song call Gallimard's society?
10. Who does Comrade Chin report to?
(a) Chairman Mao.
(b) Ho Chi Minh.
(c) Comrade Kang.
11. What does Song say is necessary to counter a counter-revolutionary act?
(a) A revolutionary act.
(b) An act of desperation.
(c) A counter-revolutionary act.
(d) An act of violence.
12. What secret can't Toulon keep from Gallimard?
(a) He knows Song's work.
(b) He has heard Gallimard is leaving his wife.
(c) He wants to fire Gallimard.
(d) He has heard that Gallimard has a native mistress.
13. What does Song need from Comrade Chin?
(a) A job.
(b) A new name.
(c) A baby.
(d) An alibi.
14. Finish Gallimard's sentence: "Oriental women - when they're good they're very good, but when they're bad..."
(a) "...they're men."
(b) "...they're Christians."
(c) "...they're Americans."
(d) "...they're women."
15. How much time passes between the year Gallimard is fired from the embassy and the year Song travels to France to live with him?
(a) Four years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) One year.
(d) Tenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Song define the Chinese?
2. Finish the sentence: "We must conserve our strength for the battles..."
3. According to Gallimard, how many American dollars were spent for every Viet Cong killed?
4. What was NOT waiting for Gallimard back in Paris when he arrived in 1968?
5. What does Gallimard start to call Song after their affair starts?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)