|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Song, what does happiness look like?
(a) A baby.
2. What does Song realize Gallimard wants her to do?
(a) To pleasure him.
(b) To leave him.
(c) To want him.
(d) To submit to him.
3. What does Chin want to make sure that Song remembers?
(a) Women are stupid.
(b) Women have no respect in China.
(c) There is no homosexuality in China.
(d) Her acts are for the greater good.
4. What is one of the things about Song that Gallimard considers to be rare?
(a) She sings like a bird.
(b) She listens to him.
(c) She will pleasure him.
(d) She loves him.
5. What idea of Song's does Gallimard repeat to Toulon?
(a) The Chinese are afraid of power.
(b) The Chinese miss the old days.
(c) The Chinese are kept ignorant equally.
(d) The Chinese culture is rooted two-thousad years in the past.
6. What does Chin want Song to find out?
(a) When America is planning on bombing Vietnam.
(b) When they will assassinate the President.
(c) If America plans on moving into China.
(d) When they will assassinate Chairman Mao.
7. What does Gallimard want after his encounter with Toulon?
(b) A shoulder to cry on.
(c) A night with Renee.
8. What is Gallimard's opinion of the baby?
(a) He is very quiet.
(b) He is not very attractive.
(c) He looks just like his mother.
(d) He has his smile.
9. What does Song say about Chin as she exits?
(a) "What passes for a woman in modern China."
(b) "What passes for an officer."
(c) "What passes as a servant to the people."
(d) "What passes for a man in modern America.
10. What does the banner read that Comrade Chin enters with?
(a) "The Actor Denies His Heritage!"
(b) "The Actor Renounces His Decadent Profession!"
(c) "The Actor Cannot Escape His Fate!"
(d) "The Actor Knows His End is Near!"
11. According to Song, what does Gallimard shame her with?
(a) His devotion.
(b) His love.
(c) His understanding.
(d) His generosity.
12. What is one of Gallimard's reasons for wanting to see Song naked?
(a) It will remove the last barrier between them.
(b) He loves her too much to settle for less.
(c) He wantsto shame her.
(d) It will prove her love to him.
13. Where does Song say she will be when the audience returns from their five-minute break?
(a) Right where they left her.
(c) Where they least expect her to be.
(d) In court.
14. How has life in the West been for Gallimard?
(a) Hard work.
(b) A healthy change.
(c) A relaxing situation.
(d) A disappointment.
15. How does Song respond when Chin asks how Song came to live in an exalted position?
(a) "I was a plaything for the white devils!"
(b) "I loved a perfect man!"
(c) "I was a plaything for the Imperialists!"
(d) "I was a plaything for a Frenchman!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the banner state that is unveiled at the end of Act 2, Scene 9?
2. According to Chin, where does pollution begin?
3. What does Gallimard call his relationship to Renee?
4. What does Gallimard feel about his inability to produce a child?
5. Where does Scene 10 take place?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)