|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scene 7 take place?
(a) Toulon's house.
(b) Gallimard and Song's flat.
(c) Chin's office.
(d) Helga and Gallimard's house.
2. What does Gallimard say his job affects?
(a) A small slice of China.
(b) A small corner of the world.
(c) A bit of the earth.
(d) A large part of the universe.
3. What does Gallimard ask Song after they talk about Gallimard's conversation with Helga regarding the doctor visit?
(a) If he should leave Helga.
(b) If she wants to marry him.
(c) If she is happy with him.
(d) If she wants to have his baby.
4. According to Chin, where does pollution begin?
(a) The Orient.
(b) The West.
5. Who do the Vietnamese generals plan on assassinating?
(a) Chairman Mao.
(b) Ho Chi Minh.
(c) The president of France.
(d) President Diem.
6. What does the banner state that is unveiled at the end of Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "The Actor is Rehabilitated!"
(b) "The Actor Lives!"
(c) "The Actor Denies and Dies!"
(d) "The Actor Serves the People!"
7. In the end, what was a reason for Gallimard's refusal to go to the doctor?
(a) Going to the doctor would question his manhood.
(b) Going to the doctor would make him a woman.
(c) Going to the doctor would make Song unhappy.
(d) Going to the doctor would end in Helga being pregnant.
8. Where does Scene 10 take place?
(a) Mao's palace.
(b) A commune.
(c) Comrade Chin's home.
(d) Gallimard's flat in Beijing.
9. What does Song say is necessary to counter a counter-revolutionary act?
(a) An act of desperation.
(b) A revolutionary act.
(c) A counter-revolutionary act.
(d) An act of violence.
10. What does Gallimard have to say about Chairman Mao's cult?
(a) It has become very strong.
(b) It would rule the world very soon.
(c) It has died out.
(d) It will die out soon.
11. What does Song tell Gallimard he was to her?
(a) Her only way out of China.
(b) Her greatest love.
(c) Her greatest acting challenge.
(d) Her greatest lie.
12. How does Song respond when Chin asks how Song came to live in an exalted position?
(a) "I was a plaything for the white devils!"
(b) "I loved a perfect man!"
(c) "I was a plaything for a Frenchman!"
(d) "I was a plaything for the Imperialists!"
13. What does Chin want Song to find out?
(a) When they will assassinate Chairman Mao.
(b) If America plans on moving into China.
(c) When they will assassinate the President.
(d) When America is planning on bombing Vietnam.
14. According to Song, what does happiness look like?
(b) A baby.
15. How does Toulon feel about Gallimard's infidelity?
(a) He is disgusted.
(b) He denies it is happening.
(c) He finds it hilarious.
(d) He approves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gallimard want after his encounter with Toulon?
2. What does Gallimard call his relationship to Renee?
3. Finish the sentence: "We must conserve our strength for the battles..."
4. What does Gallimard want after Song announces she is pregnant?
5. According to Gallimard, how many American dollars were spent for every Viet Cong killed?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)