|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Gallimard, who do the Orientals want to be associated with?
(b) Whoever shows the most strength and power.
(c) China and only China.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
2. What kind of baby does Song want to present to Gallimard?
(a) A big baby.
(b) A baby boy.
(c) A beautiful baby.
(d) A baby with brown eyes.
3. In the end, what was a reason for Gallimard's refusal to go to the doctor?
(a) Going to the doctor would make Song unhappy.
(b) Going to the doctor would end in Helga being pregnant.
(c) Going to the doctor would make him a woman.
(d) Going to the doctor would question his manhood.
4. What does Song call Gallimard's society?
5. According to Gallimard, how many American dollars were spent for every Viet Cong killed?
(a) Four hundred dollars.
(b) Four hundred yen.
(c) Four million dollars.
(d) Four hundred thousand dollars.
6. What does Gallimard feel about his inability to produce a child?
(a) God is judging him.
(b) God is laughing at him.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) He is the woman of the marriage.
7. What does Gallimard want after his encounter with Toulon?
(b) A night with Renee.
(c) A shoulder to cry on.
8. Finish Gallimard's sentence: "Oriental women - when they're good they're very good, but when they're bad..."
(a) "...they're Christians."
(b) "...they're women."
(c) "...they're men."
(d) "...they're Americans."
9. What does Song say about Chin as she exits?
(a) "What passes for a woman in modern China."
(b) "What passes for a man in modern America.
(c) "What passes for an officer."
(d) "What passes as a servant to the people."
10. What is one of Gallimard's reasons for wanting to see Song naked?
(a) He wantsto shame her.
(b) It will prove her love to him.
(c) It will remove the last barrier between them.
(d) He loves her too much to settle for less.
11. What is Gallimard's opinion of the baby?
(a) He has his smile.
(b) He looks just like his mother.
(c) He is very quiet.
(d) He is not very attractive.
12. What is Renee's profession?
13. According to the commentary that Gallimard reads in Act 2, Scene 1, what does every man want to do to Pinkerton when they watch Madame Butterfly?
(a) Kick him.
(b) Shake his hand.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Hug him.
14. According to Song, what does Gallimard shame her with?
(a) His devotion.
(b) His love.
(c) His understanding.
(d) His generosity.
15. What is one reason Song gives for not wanting to marry Gallimard?
(a) She loves him too much.
(b) She wants to concentrate on her career.
(c) She is not worthy.
(d) She doesn't believe in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things about Song that Gallimard considers to be rare?
2. What does Song say is necessary to counter a counter-revolutionary act?
3. According to Marc, how was Gallimard a different man in China?
4. What does the banner read that Comrade Chin enters with?
5. What idea of Song's does Gallimard repeat to Toulon?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)