|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Vietnamese generals plan on assassinating?
(a) The president of France.
(b) Chairman Mao.
(c) President Diem.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
2. What does Gallimard call his relationship to Renee?
(a) The right thing to do.
(b) An extra extramarital affair.
(c) The affair of the century.
(d) A mistake.
3. What does Gallimard have to say about Chairman Mao's cult?
(a) It has died out.
(b) It would rule the world very soon.
(c) It has become very strong.
(d) It will die out soon.
4. What is Gallimard's opinion of the baby?
(a) He has his smile.
(b) He is very quiet.
(c) He looks just like his mother.
(d) He is not very attractive.
5. What does Song need from Comrade Chin?
(a) An alibi.
(b) A job.
(c) A baby.
(d) A new name.
6. What does the banner read that Comrade Chin enters with?
(a) "The Actor Cannot Escape His Fate!"
(b) "The Actor Knows His End is Near!"
(c) "The Actor Denies His Heritage!"
(d) "The Actor Renounces His Decadent Profession!"
7. Which character is watching Scene 7?
(a) Every character in the cast.
8. What is the last thing that Helga says to Gallimard?
(a) "I hope you never find love."
(b) "How horrible I can figure that out."
(c) "I hope everyone is mean to you for the rest of your life."
(d) "I regret everything."
9. What is NOT one of things that Renee's father imports into the Third World?
(a) Confectioner's sugar.
(b) Hula hoops.
(c) Squirt guns.
(d) Coffee mugs.
10. How does Song respond when Chin asks how Song came to live in an exalted position?
(a) "I loved a perfect man!"
(b) "I was a plaything for a Frenchman!"
(c) "I was a plaything for the Imperialists!"
(d) "I was a plaything for the white devils!"
11. What does Gallimard feel about his inability to produce a child?
(a) He is the woman of the marriage.
(b) God is laughing at him.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) God is judging him.
12. Who does Comrade Chin report to?
(b) Comrade Kang.
(c) Chairman Mao.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
13. What is Renee's profession?
14. Where does Scene 10 take place?
(a) Gallimard's flat in Beijing.
(b) Mao's palace.
(c) Comrade Chin's home.
(d) A commune.
15. According to Marc, how was Gallimard a different man in China?
(a) He loved the perfect woman.
(b) He was rich.
(c) He was gifted.
(d) He was white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gallimard want after his encounter with Toulon?
2. What does Gallimard say his job affects?
3. What is Song's response when Chin wants to know how Song retains all the information?
4. According to Song, what does Gallimard shame her with?
5. What does Chin want to make sure that Song remembers?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)