|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing that Helga says to Gallimard?
(a) "I hope everyone is mean to you for the rest of your life."
(b) "I regret everything."
(c) "How horrible I can figure that out."
(d) "I hope you never find love."
2. What does Song need from Comrade Chin?
(a) A baby.
(b) A new name.
(c) An alibi.
(d) A job.
3. According to Marc, how was Gallimard a different man in China?
(a) He was white.
(b) He loved the perfect woman.
(c) He was gifted.
(d) He was rich.
4. What is NOT one of things that Renee's father imports into the Third World?
(a) Hula hoops.
(b) Squirt guns.
(c) Coffee mugs.
(d) Confectioner's sugar.
5. What does Gallimard start to call Song after their affair starts?
(b) My love.
(c) One and Only.
(d) My life.
6. What does Chin want to make sure that Song remembers?
(a) There is no homosexuality in China.
(b) Women have no respect in China.
(c) Women are stupid.
(d) Her acts are for the greater good.
7. In what year does Scene 8 take place?
8. According to the commentary that Gallimard reads in Act 2, Scene 1, what does every man want to do to Pinkerton when they watch Madame Butterfly?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Kick him.
(c) Shake his hand.
(d) Hug him.
9. How does Toulon feel about Gallimard's infidelity?
(a) He denies it is happening.
(b) He finds it hilarious.
(c) He is disgusted.
(d) He approves.
10. What does Gallimard say his job affects?
(a) A small slice of China.
(b) A small corner of the world.
(c) A bit of the earth.
(d) A large part of the universe.
11. What is Song's response when Chin wants to know how Song retains all the information?
(a) She was raised to do so.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She was threatened with her life.
(d) She is an actor
12. What does Song say about Chin as she exits?
(a) "What passes for a man in modern America.
(b) "What passes as a servant to the people."
(c) "What passes for a woman in modern China."
(d) "What passes for an officer."
13. What does Chin think about actors?
(a) They're all women.
(b) They're all poor people.
(c) They're all homosexuals.
(d) They're all weirdos.
14. What does Song call Gallimard's society?
15. How has life in the West been for Gallimard?
(a) A disappointment.
(b) Hard work.
(c) A healthy change.
(d) A relaxing situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gallimard want after his encounter with Toulon?
2. Where does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
3. What does Gallimard claim about the Chinese?
4. Where does Scene 7 take place?
5. How does Song respond when Chin asks how Song came to live in an exalted position?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)