|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what years does Scene 5 take place?
(a) 1986-present day.
2. What secret can't Toulon keep from Gallimard?
(a) He knows Song's work.
(b) He wants to fire Gallimard.
(c) He has heard Gallimard is leaving his wife.
(d) He has heard that Gallimard has a native mistress.
3. As Chin enters, what does Gallimard beg of the audience?
(a) To try to see it from his point of view,
(b) To judge Song for what she is doing.
(c) To love Song despite her betrayal.
(d) To side with whoever they see fit.
4. What is one of Gallimard's reasons for wanting to see Song naked?
(a) It will remove the last barrier between them.
(b) He wantsto shame her.
(c) He loves her too much to settle for less.
(d) It will prove her love to him.
5. According to Chin, where does pollution begin?
(a) The Orient.
(d) The West.
6. What does Chin want to make sure that Song remembers?
(a) Women are stupid.
(b) Her acts are for the greater good.
(c) There is no homosexuality in China.
(d) Women have no respect in China.
7. What does Song need from Comrade Chin?
(a) A new name.
(b) A baby.
(c) A job.
(d) An alibi.
8. What does Gallimard feel about his inability to produce a child?
(a) He doesn't care.
(b) He is the woman of the marriage.
(c) God is laughing at him.
(d) God is judging him.
9. According to Gallimard, who do the Orientals want to be associated with?
(a) Ho Chi Minh.
(b) China and only China.
(c) Whoever shows the most strength and power.
10. In what city does Scene 6 take place?
(a) New York.
11. In what year does Scene 8 take place?
12. What is the last thing that Helga says to Gallimard?
(a) "I regret everything."
(b) "How horrible I can figure that out."
(c) "I hope you never find love."
(d) "I hope everyone is mean to you for the rest of your life."
13. Who do the Vietnamese generals plan on assassinating?
(a) President Diem.
(b) Ho Chi Minh.
(c) Chairman Mao.
(d) The president of France.
14. Where does Scene 7 take place?
(a) Chin's office.
(b) Helga and Gallimard's house.
(c) Gallimard and Song's flat.
(d) Toulon's house.
15. What doesn't Renee like about China?
(a) There's nothing to do at night.
(b) There are too many women.
(c) There are no handsome men.
(d) It's an ugly place.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marc, how was Gallimard a different man in China?
2. What does Gallimard start to call Song after their affair starts?
3. What does Song call Gallimard's society?
4. What does Toulon ask Gallimard to do for him in France?
5. How much time passes between the year Gallimard is fired from the embassy and the year Song travels to France to live with him?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)