|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Helga on her way home from the grocery store?
(a) She sees some policemen beating some students.
(b) She sees people looting a store.
(c) She is fascinated by a student's speech.
(d) She is hosed down by some policemen.
2. What does Gallimard start to call Song after their affair starts?
(a) One and Only.
(b) My love.
(d) My life.
3. As Chin enters, what does Gallimard beg of the audience?
(a) To side with whoever they see fit.
(b) To love Song despite her betrayal.
(c) To judge Song for what she is doing.
(d) To try to see it from his point of view,
4. What does Gallimard ask Song after they talk about Gallimard's conversation with Helga regarding the doctor visit?
(a) If she is happy with him.
(b) If she wants to have his baby.
(c) If he should leave Helga.
(d) If she wants to marry him.
5. What does Song say is necessary to counter a counter-revolutionary act?
(a) A revolutionary act.
(b) A counter-revolutionary act.
(c) An act of desperation.
(d) An act of violence.
6. Why does Song believe women's roles in opera are played by men?
(a) Song believes China wants to keep women unstimulated.
(b) Song believes a woman is too smart to act.
(c) Song believes women can't act.
(d) Song believes only a man knows how a woman should act.
7. What does the banner read that Comrade Chin enters with?
(a) "The Actor Cannot Escape His Fate!"
(b) "The Actor Knows His End is Near!"
(c) "The Actor Renounces His Decadent Profession!"
(d) "The Actor Denies His Heritage!"
8. What secret can't Toulon keep from Gallimard?
(a) He has heard Gallimard is leaving his wife.
(b) He knows Song's work.
(c) He has heard that Gallimard has a native mistress.
(d) He wants to fire Gallimard.
9. According to Marc, how was Gallimard a different man in China?
(a) He was white.
(b) He was rich.
(c) He was gifted.
(d) He loved the perfect woman.
10. What does Song say she wants to do now that her life as an actor is over?
(a) She wants to live in luxury.
(b) She wants to act.
(c) She wants to serve the people.
(d) She wants to live.
11. What is Gallimard's opinion of the baby?
(a) He looks just like his mother.
(b) He is very quiet.
(c) He has his smile.
(d) He is not very attractive.
12. What does Song need from Comrade Chin?
(a) An alibi.
(b) A new name.
(c) A baby.
(d) A job.
13. What does Gallimard call his relationship to Renee?
(a) The right thing to do.
(b) The affair of the century.
(c) An extra extramarital affair.
(d) A mistake.
14. According to Chin, where does pollution begin?
(b) The Orient.
(c) The West.
15. What does Toulon ask Gallimard to do for him in France?
(a) Get a good night's sleep.
(b) Sleep with his wife.
(c) Make some real money.
(d) Eat a croissant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Comrade Chin report to?
2. Who do the Vietnamese generals plan on assassinating?
3. What is one of Gallimard's reasons for wanting to see Song naked?
4. In Act 2, Scene 11, what does Gallimard want from Helga?
5. What does Chin want to make sure that Song remembers?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)