|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toulon ask Gallimard to do for him in France?
(a) Make some real money.
(b) Sleep with his wife.
(c) Get a good night's sleep.
(d) Eat a croissant.
2. In what year does Scene 10 take place?
3. What does Gallimard want Toulon to tell the Americans?
(a) There is a natural affinity between the West and the Orient.
(b) There is a natural affinity between America and France.
(c) There is a bond of trust between the East and West.
(d) The Americas should protectthe Orient.
4. Who do the Vietnamese generals plan on assassinating?
(a) President Diem.
(b) Ho Chi Minh.
(c) The president of France.
(d) Chairman Mao.
5. According to Gallimard, how many American dollars were spent for every Viet Cong killed?
(a) Four hundred dollars.
(b) Four million dollars.
(c) Four hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Four hundred yen.
6. In what city does Scene 6 take place?
(b) New York.
7. What does Gallimard want after his encounter with Toulon?
(b) A night with Renee.
(c) A shoulder to cry on.
8. What is Song's response when Chin wants to know how Song retains all the information?
(a) She was raised to do so.
(b) She is an actor
(c) She is a woman.
(d) She was threatened with her life.
9. Where does Gallimard meet Renee?
(a) A party at Gallimard's home.
(b) A party at the Australian embassy.
(c) A party at the Austrian embassy.
(d) A party at Toulon's home.
10. According to Gallimard, who do the Orientals want to be associated with?
(a) China and only China.
(b) Whoever shows the most strength and power.
(c) Ho Chi Minh.
11. What does Chin think about actors?
(a) They're all poor people.
(b) They're all weirdos.
(c) They're all homosexuals.
(d) They're all women.
12. What is one of Gallimard's reasons for wanting to see Song naked?
(a) He loves her too much to settle for less.
(b) It will prove her love to him.
(c) It will remove the last barrier between them.
(d) He wantsto shame her.
13. What does Song say is necessary to counter a counter-revolutionary act?
(a) A counter-revolutionary act.
(b) A revolutionary act.
(c) An act of violence.
(d) An act of desperation.
14. What does Gallimard say his job affects?
(a) A small corner of the world.
(b) A large part of the universe.
(c) A bit of the earth.
(d) A small slice of China.
15. What was NOT waiting for Gallimard back in Paris when he arrived in 1968?
(a) A regular schedule.
(b) Better Chinese food than he'd eaten in China.
(c) Friends and family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gallimard envision when he walked toward Song to strip her?
2. What does Song say she wants to do now that her life as an actor is over?
3. How does Toulon feel about Gallimard's infidelity?
4. As Chin enters, what does Gallimard beg of the audience?
5. In what year does Scene 8 take place?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)