|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song say she wants to do now that her life as an actor is over?
(a) She wants to live.
(b) She wants to live in luxury.
(c) She wants to act.
(d) She wants to serve the people.
2. Finish Gallimard's sentence: "Oriental women - when they're good they're very good, but when they're bad..."
(a) "...they're Christians."
(b) "...they're Americans."
(c) "...they're men."
(d) "...they're women."
3. What is NOT one of things that Renee's father imports into the Third World?
(a) Hula hoops.
(b) Squirt guns.
(c) Coffee mugs.
(d) Confectioner's sugar.
4. What is one reason Song gives for not wanting to marry Gallimard?
(a) She wants to concentrate on her career.
(b) She loves him too much.
(c) She doesn't believe in marriage.
(d) She is not worthy.
5. According to Gallimard, who do the Orientals want to be associated with?
(b) China and only China.
(c) Ho Chi Minh.
(d) Whoever shows the most strength and power.
6. What does Song realize Gallimard wants her to do?
(a) To want him.
(b) To leave him.
(c) To pleasure him.
(d) To submit to him.
7. What does Toulon find irritating?
(a) America's growing angry attitude.
(b) France's imperialism.
(c) France's cowardliness.
(d) America moving into Vietnam to grab the territory
8. What does Gallimard want Toulon to tell the Americans?
(a) There is a natural affinity between America and France.
(b) There is a bond of trust between the East and West.
(c) The Americas should protectthe Orient.
(d) There is a natural affinity between the West and the Orient.
9. According to Chin, where does pollution begin?
(a) The West.
(b) The Orient.
10. What does Gallimard feel about his inability to produce a child?
(a) He doesn't care.
(b) God is judging him.
(c) God is laughing at him.
(d) He is the woman of the marriage.
11. What is one of Gallimard's reasons for wanting to see Song naked?
(a) It will remove the last barrier between them.
(b) He loves her too much to settle for less.
(c) It will prove her love to him.
(d) He wantsto shame her.
12. What does Gallimard have to say about Chairman Mao's cult?
(a) It has become very strong.
(b) It has died out.
(c) It would rule the world very soon.
(d) It will die out soon.
13. At what point in the plot does Scene 8 pick up?
(a) Song wanted to name the baby Peepee.
(b) Song asked Gallimard to leave Helga.
(c) Song begged Gallimard to marry her.
(d) When Song announced she was pregnant.
14. Where does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Helga's apartment.
(b) Gallimard and Butterfly's flat.
(c) A prison cell.
(d) The streets of Paris.
15. Which character is watching Scene 7?
(a) Every character in the cast.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Scene 8 take place?
2. Who does Comrade Chin report to?
3. What doesn't Renee like about China?
4. What does Gallimard want after his encounter with Toulon?
5. What kind of baby does Song want to present to Gallimard?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)