|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the end, what was a reason for Gallimard's refusal to go to the doctor?
(a) Going to the doctor would question his manhood.
(b) Going to the doctor would make him a woman.
(c) Going to the doctor would end in Helga being pregnant.
(d) Going to the doctor would make Song unhappy.
2. As Chin enters, what does Gallimard beg of the audience?
(a) To try to see it from his point of view,
(b) To love Song despite her betrayal.
(c) To side with whoever they see fit.
(d) To judge Song for what she is doing.
3. Finish the sentence: "We must conserve our strength for the battles..."
(a) "...we know of."
(b) "...we can win."
(c) "...we can't lose."
(d) "...we know how to battle."
4. Where does Gallimard meet Renee?
(a) A party at the Austrian embassy.
(b) A party at the Australian embassy.
(c) A party at Toulon's home.
(d) A party at Gallimard's home.
5. What does Song say about Chin as she exits?
(a) "What passes for an officer."
(b) "What passes for a man in modern America.
(c) "What passes as a servant to the people."
(d) "What passes for a woman in modern China."
6. How much time passes between the year Gallimard is fired from the embassy and the year Song travels to France to live with him?
(a) Tenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) One year.
(d) Four years.
7. What does Chin want Song to find out?
(a) When America is planning on bombing Vietnam.
(b) When they will assassinate the President.
(c) When they will assassinate Chairman Mao.
(d) If America plans on moving into China.
8. What does Chin want to make sure that Song remembers?
(a) There is no homosexuality in China.
(b) Her acts are for the greater good.
(c) Women are stupid.
(d) Women have no respect in China.
9. What was NOT waiting for Gallimard back in Paris when he arrived in 1968?
(b) Better Chinese food than he'd eaten in China.
(c) Friends and family.
(d) A regular schedule.
10. What does Song say she wants to do now that her life as an actor is over?
(a) She wants to live.
(b) She wants to live in luxury.
(c) She wants to serve the people.
(d) She wants to act.
11. Finish Gallimard's sentence: "Oriental women - when they're good they're very good, but when they're bad..."
(a) "...they're Christians."
(b) "...they're men."
(c) "...they're Americans."
(d) "...they're women."
12. What does the banner state that is unveiled at the end of Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "The Actor Denies and Dies!"
(b) "The Actor Lives!"
(c) "The Actor Serves the People!"
(d) "The Actor is Rehabilitated!"
13. How does Toulon feel about Gallimard's infidelity?
(a) He is disgusted.
(b) He finds it hilarious.
(c) He denies it is happening.
(d) He approves.
14. What is one of Gallimard's reasons for wanting to see Song naked?
(a) It will remove the last barrier between them.
(b) He loves her too much to settle for less.
(c) He wantsto shame her.
(d) It will prove her love to him.
15. According to Marc, how was Gallimard a different man in China?
(a) He was rich.
(b) He loved the perfect woman.
(c) He was gifted.
(d) He was white.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
2. What does Gallimard want after his encounter with Toulon?
3. What does Song need from Comrade Chin?
4. What does Gallimard claim about the Chinese?
5. What kind of baby does Song want to present to Gallimard?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)