|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what years does Scene 5 take place?
(d) 1986-present day.
2. In what city does Scene 6 take place?
(b) New York.
3. What does Toulon ask Gallimard to do for him in France?
(a) Make some real money.
(b) Sleep with his wife.
(c) Eat a croissant.
(d) Get a good night's sleep.
4. In what year does Scene 10 take place?
5. What kind of baby does Song want to present to Gallimard?
(a) A baby boy.
(b) A big baby.
(c) A beautiful baby.
(d) A baby with brown eyes.
6. Which character is watching Scene 7?
(d) Every character in the cast.
7. What did the doctor find was wrong with Helga?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She is barren.
(d) She is too old to get pregnant.
8. What does Chin want Song to find out?
(a) When America is planning on bombing Vietnam.
(b) If America plans on moving into China.
(c) When they will assassinate Chairman Mao.
(d) When they will assassinate the President.
9. What does Song say she wants to do now that her life as an actor is over?
(a) She wants to serve the people.
(b) She wants to live in luxury.
(c) She wants to live.
(d) She wants to act.
10. At what point in the plot does Scene 8 pick up?
(a) Song asked Gallimard to leave Helga.
(b) When Song announced she was pregnant.
(c) Song wanted to name the baby Peepee.
(d) Song begged Gallimard to marry her.
11. What idea of Song's does Gallimard repeat to Toulon?
(a) The Chinese are kept ignorant equally.
(b) The Chinese are afraid of power.
(c) The Chinese miss the old days.
(d) The Chinese culture is rooted two-thousad years in the past.
12. How has life in the West been for Gallimard?
(a) A relaxing situation.
(b) Hard work.
(c) A healthy change.
(d) A disappointment.
13. According to Marc, how was Gallimard a different man in China?
(a) He was gifted.
(b) He loved the perfect woman.
(c) He was white.
(d) He was rich.
14. Who do the Vietnamese generals plan on assassinating?
(a) President Diem.
(b) The president of France.
(c) Chairman Mao.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
15. According to Gallimard, who do the Orientals want to be associated with?
(b) China and only China.
(c) Whoever shows the most strength and power.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gallimard, how many American dollars were spent for every Viet Cong killed?
2. What does Chin think about actors?
3. What was NOT waiting for Gallimard back in Paris when he arrived in 1968?
4. What is Renee's profession?
5. What happened to Helga on her way home from the grocery store?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)