|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Scene 10 take place?
2. What is one of Gallimard's reasons for wanting to see Song naked?
(a) It will prove her love to him.
(b) He wantsto shame her.
(c) He loves her too much to settle for less.
(d) It will remove the last barrier between them.
3. Why does Song believe women's roles in opera are played by men?
(a) Song believes a woman is too smart to act.
(b) Song believes only a man knows how a woman should act.
(c) Song believes women can't act.
(d) Song believes China wants to keep women unstimulated.
4. Finish Gallimard's sentence: "Oriental women - when they're good they're very good, but when they're bad..."
(a) "...they're women."
(b) "...they're men."
(c) "...they're Americans."
(d) "...they're Christians."
5. According to Song, what does Gallimard shame her with?
(a) His understanding.
(b) His devotion.
(c) His love.
(d) His generosity.
6. What was NOT waiting for Gallimard back in Paris when he arrived in 1968?
(a) Friends and family.
(b) Better Chinese food than he'd eaten in China.
(c) A regular schedule.
7. According to Chin, where does pollution begin?
(b) The West.
(c) The Orient.
8. Who do the Vietnamese generals plan on assassinating?
(a) Ho Chi Minh.
(b) Chairman Mao.
(c) President Diem.
(d) The president of France.
9. What does Gallimard feel about his inability to produce a child?
(a) He doesn't care.
(b) God is judging him.
(c) He is the woman of the marriage.
(d) God is laughing at him.
10. How does Toulon feel about Gallimard's infidelity?
(a) He finds it hilarious.
(b) He denies it is happening.
(c) He is disgusted.
(d) He approves.
11. What does the banner read that Comrade Chin enters with?
(a) "The Actor Renounces His Decadent Profession!"
(b) "The Actor Cannot Escape His Fate!"
(c) "The Actor Knows His End is Near!"
(d) "The Actor Denies His Heritage!"
12. Which character is watching Scene 7?
(a) Every character in the cast.
13. What is one reason Song gives for not wanting to marry Gallimard?
(a) She wants to concentrate on her career.
(b) She loves him too much.
(c) She is not worthy.
(d) She doesn't believe in marriage.
14. What secret can't Toulon keep from Gallimard?
(a) He has heard that Gallimard has a native mistress.
(b) He has heard Gallimard is leaving his wife.
(c) He wants to fire Gallimard.
(d) He knows Song's work.
15. According to Gallimard, who do the Orientals want to be associated with?
(a) China and only China.
(b) Whoever shows the most strength and power.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Song's response when Chin wants to know how Song retains all the information?
2. What does Song say about Chin as she exits?
3. What is one of the things about Song that Gallimard considers to be rare?
4. What does Toulon find irritating?
5. Who does Comrade Chin report to?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)