|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
(a) She thinks it is the perfect opera.
(b) She thinks it is beautiful.
(c) She thinks it is boring.
(d) She thinks it is ridiculous.
2. How large is Gallimard's cell?
(a) 4 1/2 feet by 5 feet.
(b) 4 feet by 5 feet.
(c) 4 1/2 meters by 5 meters.
(d) 3 meters by 5 meters.
3. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
(a) The sweetest woman.
(b) The most beautiful woman.
(c) The perfect woman.
(d) The perfect man.
4. What is one of the features of Pinkerton's house?
(a) A disco mirror ball.
(b) A view of the rice fields.
(c) A view of the ocean.
(d) Shag carpet.
5. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
(a) "I loved money."
(b) "I loved the perfect woman."
(c) "I saved a dollar, here I lie."
(d) "I saved a woman, here I lie."
6. How much time has passed since Gallimard's last meeting with Song by Scene 13?
(a) Eight weeks.
(b) Nine weeks.
(c) Eight months.
(d) Nine months.
7. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
8. What is the job that Gallimard is promoted to?
9. What does Gallimard ask Song?
(a) "Are you my Butterfly?"
(b) "Are you the one?"
(c) "Who is Butterfly?"
(d) "Why me?"
10. What is different about the night that occurs in Scene 10?
(a) Gallimard has been invited into Song's apartment.
(b) Gallimard walks Song home.
(c) Helga meets Song.
(d) Gallimard kisses Song.
11. What does Song claim she has given to Gallimard?
(a) Her shame.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her life.
(d) Her soul.
12. What event is going on in Scene 12?
(a) A crowning.
(b) An opera performance.
(c) A reception.
(d) A meeting.
13. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
(a) "Least likely to succeed."
(b) "Least likely to kiss a girl."
(c) "Least likely to be invited to a party."
(d) "Least popular."
14. In what year does Scene 6 take place?
(b) Present day.
15. What does Song call Gallimard?
(a) A wimp.
(b) An idiot.
(c) A cad.
(d) A tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Scene 12 take place?
2. What did Helga want to know about Song's performance Gallimard had seen that night?
3. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
4. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
5. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)