|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marc compare a pool full of naked women to?
(a) A scandal waiting to happen.
(b) A fish pond.
(c) A grab bag.
(d) A barrel of monkeys.
2. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Huge women in bad makeup.
(b) Small men in drag.
(c) Huge men in bad makeup.
(d) Huge women in viking helmets.
3. In what year does Scene 6 take place?
(b) Present day.
4. What is the setting of Scene 12?
(a) The streets of Beijing.
(b) The American embassy.
(c) Ambassador Toulon's residence.
(d) Song's flat.
5. Where does Scene 8 take place?
(a) The Chinese opera house and the streets of Beijing.
(b) The Ambassador's home.
(c) The President's home.
(d) A prison cell and the streets of Paris.
6. What does Song call Gallimard?
(a) A wimp.
(b) A cad.
(c) A tiger.
(d) An idiot.
7. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
(a) "Least likely to kiss a girl."
(b) "Least likely to succeed."
(c) "Least likely to be invited to a party."
(d) "Least popular."
8. Why did Isabelle have sex with Gallimard?
(a) Marc arranged it.
(b) She wanted revenge on Marc for rejecting her.
(c) She was lonely.
(d) She was in love with him.
9. What does Song get upset about when she enters the room?
(a) Gallimard is upset.
(b) Her servants haven't taken his coat.
(c) Her servants are ignoring her.
(d) Her servants haven't poured any tea.
10. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
(d) Comrade Chin.
11. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
12. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
13. What is Song wearing when Gallimard enters her apartment?
(b) A kimono.
(c) A full formal dress.
(d) A sheer dressing gown.
14. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
(a) "I saved a dollar, here I lie."
(b) "I loved money."
(c) "I loved the perfect woman."
(d) "I saved a woman, here I lie."
15. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
(a) "I wonder who she is..."
(b) "Help me!"
(c) "God. So this is it?"
(d) "God. This is wonderful!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
2. What is Song's full name?
3. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
4. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
5. Who is in the framed picture that Gallimard picks up?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)