|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helga want to know about Song's performance Gallimard had seen that night?
(a) She wanted to know if Song had a nice costume.
(b) She wanted to know if Song sang well.
(c) She wanted to know if Song was pretty.
(d) She wanted to know if Gallimard had liked it.
2. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
3. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
4. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
5. At what time does Song call Gallimard?
(a) 2:00 AM
(b) 5:30 AM
(c) 4:30 PM.
(d) 4:00 PM
6. What part of Song's letter does Gallimard quote for her?
(a) "I have already given you my shame."
(b) "I have already given you my life."
(c) "I have already give you my soul."
(d) "I have already given you my heart."
7. Where does Scene 11 take place?
(a) The Austrian embassy
(b) The German embassy.
(c) The French embassy.
(d) The American embassy.
8. What is Gallimard sick of hearing about the Chinese culture?
(a) That is it small.
(b) That it is submissive.
(c) That it is old.
(d) That it is new.
9. What does Toulon believe about Gallimard?
(a) He is tidy and efficient.
(b) He will change the world.
(c) He is too quiet.
(d) He is a passionate man.
10. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
(a) Cio-Cio-San and Suzuki.
(b) Pinkerton and his American wife.
(c) Pinkerton and Cio-Cio-San
(d) Cio-Cio-San and Sharpless.
11. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
(a) "I wonder who she is..."
(b) "God. So this is it?"
(c) "Help me!"
(d) "God. This is wonderful!"
12. Who is in the framed picture that Gallimard picks up?
(a) Song's father
(c) Song's grandfather.
(d) Song's son.
13. How long did it take before Gallimard went to see Song perform at the opera house?
(a) Four days.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Four months.
(d) Five weeks.
14. What is the job that Gallimard is promoted to?
15. From what location is Gallimard narrating his story?
(a) His flat in Beijing.
(b) A prison cell in Paris.
(c) His flat in Paris.
(d) A courtroom in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song promise to Gallimard after her outburst?
2. What does Song get upset about when she enters the room?
3. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
4. What does Marc compare a pool full of naked women to?
5. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)