|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toulon say Gallimard has changed?
(a) He gets on his nerves,
(b) He has become more physically fit.
(c) He has become confident.
(d) He has become withdrawn.
2. How much time has passed since Gallimard's last meeting with Song by Scene 13?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Eight weeks.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Nine weeks.
3. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
(a) "I loved money."
(b) "I saved a woman, here I lie."
(c) "I saved a dollar, here I lie."
(d) "I loved the perfect woman."
4. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
(d) Present day.
5. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
6. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
(a) She said she missed him.
(b) She was very hateful.
(c) She called him "friend."
(d) She said she would tell his wife.
7. Who appears in Gallimard's dream in Scene 9?
(d) The magazine model.
8. What did Helga want to know about Song's performance Gallimard had seen that night?
(a) She wanted to know if Song had a nice costume.
(b) She wanted to know if Gallimard had liked it.
(c) She wanted to know if Song sang well.
(d) She wanted to know if Song was pretty.
9. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
(a) He is a man.
(b) He is wearing a tie.
(c) He is French.
(d) He is wearing a hat.
10. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted to kill her.
(b) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
(c) He wanted her to be sad.
(d) He wanted to take her in his arms.
11. Where does Scene 11 take place?
(a) The German embassy.
(b) The French embassy.
(c) The American embassy.
(d) The Austrian embassy
12. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
(a) They are a young people.
(b) They are an incredibly arrogant people.
(c) They are an amazing people.
(d) They are a people with a rich heritage.
13. In what year does Scene 12 take place?
14. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
(d) Comrade Chin.
15. What was one outstanding feature about Isabelle that Marc remembers?
(a) She never wore underwear.
(b) She was a horrible person.
(c) She had the softest skin.
(d) She had beautiful eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
2. According to Gallimard, how does Manuel Toulon think of himself?
3. What does Song promise to Gallimard after her outburst?
4. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
5. What does Song claim she has given to Gallimard?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)