|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does Marc appear as in Act 1, Scene 11?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A beuracrat.
(c) A king.
(d) A servant.
2. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
(a) "Least likely to be invited to a party."
(b) "Least popular."
(c) "Least likely to succeed."
(d) "Least likely to kiss a girl."
3. By what other name does Pinkerton's wife go?
(a) Lovely One.
(c) Little One.
4. What does Gallimard believe about God?
(a) He is all-powerful.
(b) He is a man.
(c) He does not exist.
(d) He sees Gallimard's crimes.
5. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
6. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
(b) Comrade Chin.
7. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
(b) He wanted to kill her.
(c) He wanted her to be sad.
(d) He wanted to take her in his arms.
8. In Scene 1, in what city is Gallimard residing?
(a) Shanghai, China.
(b) Versailles, France.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Beijing, China.
9. What does Gallimard fear when Toulon is talking to him?
(a) He will be fired.
(b) He is going to kill him.
(c) He will take Song away from him.
(d) He cannot be saved by love.
10. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Huge women in viking helmets.
(b) Huge women in bad makeup.
(c) Small men in drag.
(d) Huge men in bad makeup.
11. What does Toulon believe about Gallimard?
(a) He is too quiet.
(b) He will change the world.
(c) He is tidy and efficient.
(d) He is a passionate man.
12. What is one of the features of Pinkerton's house?
(a) Shag carpet.
(b) A disco mirror ball.
(c) A view of the ocean.
(d) A view of the rice fields.
13. Where does Scene 11 take place?
(a) The German embassy.
(b) The American embassy.
(c) The Austrian embassy
(d) The French embassy.
14. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
(a) She was his first sexual experience.
(b) She was the first woman Marc ever loved.
(c) She was his sister.
(d) She was the first woman he ever loved.
15. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
(d) Present day.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Scene 6 take place?
2. According to Gallimard, why did God create Eve?
3. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
4. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
5. What part of Song's letter does Gallimard quote for her?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)