|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gallimard want Toulon to tell the Americans?
(a) There is a natural affinity between America and France.
(b) There is a bond of trust between the East and West.
(c) The Americas should protectthe Orient.
(d) There is a natural affinity between the West and the Orient.
2. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
(a) They believe he is a handsome man.
(b) They believe he is not good looking.
(c) They think he is inspiring.
(d) They think he is dangerous.
3. According to the commentary that Gallimard reads in Act 2, Scene 1, what does every man want to do to Pinkerton when they watch Madame Butterfly?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Shake his hand.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Kick him.
4. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
(a) He will force her to leave her family.
(b) He will catch a butterfly, pierce its heart and leave it to perish.
(c) He will love a butterfly and never let it go.
(d) He will kill her baby.
5. What doesn't Renee like about China?
(a) There's nothing to do at night.
(b) There are no handsome men.
(c) There are too many women.
(d) It's an ugly place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gallimard ask Song after they talk about Gallimard's conversation with Helga regarding the doctor visit?
2. In Act 3, Scene 2, how does Gallimard describe Song?
3. How old is Gallimard at the point Scene 13 occurs?
4. In what city does Act 3, Scene 1 take place?
5. According to Song, what does Gallimard shame her with?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)