|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Butterfly use to kill herself in the opera?
(a) A knife.
(b) A sword.
(c) Her sleeves.
(d) A gun.
2. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
(a) The perfect man.
(b) The sweetest woman.
(c) The most beautiful woman.
(d) The perfect woman.
3. What doesn't Renee like about China?
(a) There are no handsome men.
(b) There's nothing to do at night.
(c) It's an ugly place.
(d) There are too many women.
4. In the end, what was a reason for Gallimard's refusal to go to the doctor?
(a) Going to the doctor would end in Helga being pregnant.
(b) Going to the doctor would make Song unhappy.
(c) Going to the doctor would question his manhood.
(d) Going to the doctor would make him a woman.
5. What does Song call Gallimard's society?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what years does Scene 5 take place?
2. Who appears in Gallimard's dream in Scene 9?
3. What is Renee's profession?
4. What is the first rule that Song's mother taught him about men?
5. How has life in the West been for Gallimard?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)