|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish Gallimard's sentence: "Oriental women - when they're good they're very good, but when they're bad..."
(a) "...they're Americans."
(b) "...they're Christians."
(c) "...they're women."
(d) "...they're men."
2. What does Song get upset about when she enters the room?
(a) Her servants haven't taken his coat.
(b) Her servants are ignoring her.
(c) Gallimard is upset.
(d) Her servants haven't poured any tea.
3. Where does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
(a) A prison cell.
(b) Gallimard and Butterfly's flat.
(c) The streets of Paris.
(d) Helga's apartment.
4. What does Chin want to make sure that Song remembers?
(a) Her acts are for the greater good.
(b) There is no homosexuality in China.
(c) Women have no respect in China.
(d) Women are stupid.
5. What does Song say she wants to do now that her life as an actor is over?
(a) She wants to live in luxury.
(b) She wants to serve the people.
(c) She wants to live.
(d) She wants to act.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "We must conserve our strength for the battles..."
2. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
3. At what time does Song call Gallimard?
4. What is the job that Gallimard is promoted to?
5. Why does Gallimard claim he needs a vacation from?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)