|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what location is Gallimard narrating his story?
(a) A prison cell in Paris.
(b) A courtroom in Paris.
(c) His flat in Paris.
(d) His flat in Beijing.
2. In Scene 1, in what city is Gallimard residing?
(a) Versailles, France.
(b) Shanghai, China.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Beijing, China.
3. What is one of Gallimard's reasons for wanting to see Song naked?
(a) It will prove her love to him.
(b) He loves her too much to settle for less.
(c) It will remove the last barrier between them.
(d) He wantsto shame her.
4. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
(b) He wanted to kill her.
(c) He wanted to take her in his arms.
(d) He wanted her to be sad.
5. As Chin enters, what does Gallimard beg of the audience?
(a) To judge Song for what she is doing.
(b) To try to see it from his point of view,
(c) To side with whoever they see fit.
(d) To love Song despite her betrayal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does Butterfly use to kill herself in the opera?
3. What does the banner read that Comrade Chin enters with?
4. What idea of Song's does Gallimard repeat to Toulon?
5. What is one of the features of Pinkerton's house?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)