|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in the framed picture that Gallimard picks up?
(a) Song's father
(c) Song's grandfather.
(d) Song's son.
2. What character does Marc appear as in Act 1, Scene 11?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A king.
(c) A beuracrat.
(d) A servant.
3. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
(a) Pinkerton and his American wife.
(b) Pinkerton and Cio-Cio-San
(c) Cio-Cio-San and Suzuki.
(d) Cio-Cio-San and Sharpless.
4. At what point in the plot does Scene 8 pick up?
(a) Song asked Gallimard to leave Helga.
(b) When Song announced she was pregnant.
(c) Song begged Gallimard to marry her.
(d) Song wanted to name the baby Peepee.
5. What does Chin want Song to find out?
(a) When America is planning on bombing Vietnam.
(b) When they will assassinate Chairman Mao.
(c) When they will assassinate the President.
(d) If America plans on moving into China.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears in Gallimard's dream in Scene 9?
2. In the end, what was a reason for Gallimard's refusal to go to the doctor?
3. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
4. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
5. What secret can't Toulon keep from Gallimard?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)