|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gallimard claim he needs a vacation from?
(a) Listening to Song.
(b) Listening to his head.
(c) Listening to everyone else.
(d) Listening to his heart.
2. In Act 3, Scene 2, how does Gallimard describe Song?
(a) A liar.
(b) Completely without substance.
(c) A man with no heart,
(d) A woman with no soul.
3. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Huge women in bad makeup.
(b) Huge women in viking helmets.
(c) Small men in drag.
(d) Huge men in bad makeup.
4. What is different about the night that occurs in Scene 10?
(a) Gallimard has been invited into Song's apartment.
(b) Helga meets Song.
(c) Gallimard kisses Song.
(d) Gallimard walks Song home.
5. What does Gallimard feel about his inability to produce a child?
(a) God is judging him.
(b) God is laughing at him.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) He is the woman of the marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gallimard, how many American dollars were spent for every Viet Cong killed?
2. What kind of baby does Song want to present to Gallimard?
3. What is one reason Song gives for not wanting to marry Gallimard?
4. Why does Song believe women's roles in opera are played by men?
5. How does Toulon feel about Gallimard's infidelity?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)