|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
(a) He is wearing a hat.
(b) He is a man.
(c) He is wearing a tie.
(d) He is French.
2. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
(a) The most beautiful woman.
(b) The sweetest woman.
(c) The perfect man.
(d) The perfect woman.
3. What is the setting of Scene 12?
(a) Ambassador Toulon's residence.
(b) Song's flat.
(c) The American embassy.
(d) The streets of Beijing.
4. According to Chin, where does pollution begin?
(b) The Orient.
(c) The West.
5. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
(a) "The Love Duet."
(b) "The Marriage Duet."
(c) "The Lass that Loved a Sailor."
(d) "The Whole World Over."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gallimard want after Song announces she is pregnant?
2. As Chin enters, what does Gallimard beg of the audience?
3. What does Song promise to Gallimard after her outburst?
4. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
5. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)