|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What it the setting of Scene 6?
(a) The Australian ambassador's house.
(b) His flat in Beijing.
(c) The German ambassador's house.
(d) His flat in Paris.
2. What is one of the features of Pinkerton's house?
(a) A view of the ocean.
(b) Shag carpet.
(c) A view of the rice fields.
(d) A disco mirror ball.
3. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
(a) "I saved a dollar, here I lie."
(b) "I loved the perfect woman."
(c) "I loved money."
(d) "I saved a woman, here I lie."
4. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
(a) "Help me!"
(b) "God. So this is it?"
(c) "God. This is wonderful!"
(d) "I wonder who she is..."
5. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
(a) They are a young people.
(b) They are an incredibly arrogant people.
(c) They are a people with a rich heritage.
(d) They are an amazing people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toulon believe about Gallimard?
2. What does Gallimard call his relationship to Renee?
3. What does Butterfly use to kill herself in the opera?
4. Why did Gallimard get scared when Isabelle screamed that she was coming?
5. How does Toulon feel about Gallimard's infidelity?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)