|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gallimard ask Song?
(a) "Why me?"
(b) "Who is Butterfly?"
(c) "Are you my Butterfly?"
(d) "Are you the one?"
2. Who do the Vietnamese generals plan on assassinating?
(a) Chairman Mao.
(b) Ho Chi Minh.
(c) The president of France.
(d) President Diem.
3. Why does Gallimard claim he needs a vacation from?
(a) Listening to Song.
(b) Listening to his heart.
(c) Listening to everyone else.
(d) Listening to his head.
4. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
(a) "Death without honor is worse in life. Life is dishonor."
(b) "Death with honor is better than life. Life with dishonor."
(c) "Life is no worse than death. This life is dishonor."
(d) "Death in life is worse than death. Death is life."
5. At what time does Song call Gallimard?
(a) 5:30 AM
(b) 4:30 PM.
(c) 4:00 PM
(d) 2:00 AM
Short Answer Questions
1. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
2. What does Chin want Song to find out?
3. How does Song respond when Chin asks how Song came to live in an exalted position?
4. Who does Comrade Chin report to?
5. In the end, what was a reason for Gallimard's refusal to go to the doctor?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)