|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
(a) "Death with honor is better than life. Life with dishonor."
(b) "Death in life is worse than death. Death is life."
(c) "Life is no worse than death. This life is dishonor."
(d) "Death without honor is worse in life. Life is dishonor."
2. According to Song, what does Gallimard shame her with?
(a) His love.
(b) His understanding.
(c) His generosity.
(d) His devotion.
3. What kind of baby does Song want to present to Gallimard?
(a) A baby boy.
(b) A baby with brown eyes.
(c) A beautiful baby.
(d) A big baby.
4. What does Gallimard want after his encounter with Toulon?
(c) A night with Renee.
(d) A shoulder to cry on.
5. How old is Gallimard at the point Scene 13 occurs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one outstanding feature about Isabelle that Marc remembers?
2. What is NOT one of things that Renee's father imports into the Third World?
3. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
4. In the end, what was a reason for Gallimard's refusal to go to the doctor?
5. What does Gallimard say his job affects?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)