|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gallimard say about Song's performance?
(a) It is the first time he sees the truth of the story.
(b) It is the first time he sees the beauty of the story.
(c) It is the first time he understands her death.
(d) It is the first time he is angry at Pinkerton.
2. What is Song's full name?
(a) Song Gallimard.
(b) Song Suzuki.
(c) Song Long.
(d) Song Liling.
3. In the end, what was a reason for Gallimard's refusal to go to the doctor?
(a) Going to the doctor would end in Helga being pregnant.
(b) Going to the doctor would make him a woman.
(c) Going to the doctor would make Song unhappy.
(d) Going to the doctor would question his manhood.
4. According to Song, what does it take to will the destiny of another?
5. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted to kill her.
(b) He wanted to take her in his arms.
(c) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
(d) He wanted her to be sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 2?
2. Where does Song say she will be when the audience returns from their five-minute break?
3. What job did Gallimard get in Paris in order to get in contact with sensitive documents?
4. Who does Comrade Chin report to?
5. Song concludes that since he is Oriental, what could he never be?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)