|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what years does Scene 5 take place?
(b) 1986-present day.
2. What does Gallimard feel about his inability to produce a child?
(a) God is laughing at him.
(b) He doesn't care.
(c) He is the woman of the marriage.
(d) God is judging him.
3. What idea of Song's does Gallimard repeat to Toulon?
(a) The Chinese are kept ignorant equally.
(b) The Chinese are afraid of power.
(c) The Chinese culture is rooted two-thousad years in the past.
(d) The Chinese miss the old days.
4. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
(a) "...a depressing mairage."
(b) "...happiness in high school."
(c) "...failure as a child."
(d) "...finding happiness in love."
5. Who do the Vietnamese generals plan on assassinating?
(a) Chairman Mao.
(b) Ho Chi Minh.
(c) President Diem.
(d) The president of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
2. What is one of the things about Song that Gallimard considers to be rare?
3. According to the commentary that Gallimard reads in Act 2, Scene 1, what does every man want to do to Pinkerton when they watch Madame Butterfly?
4. What did Gallimard envision when he walked toward Song to strip her?
5. What has Gallimard searched for night after night in his cell?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)