|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Scene 6 take place?
(c) New York.
2. According to Gallimard, who do the Orientals want to be associated with?
(a) China and only China.
(c) Whoever shows the most strength and power.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
3. In the end, what was a reason for Gallimard's refusal to go to the doctor?
(a) Going to the doctor would make Song unhappy.
(b) Going to the doctor would end in Helga being pregnant.
(c) Going to the doctor would question his manhood.
(d) Going to the doctor would make him a woman.
4. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
(a) They think he is inspiring.
(b) They think he is dangerous.
(c) They believe he is not good looking.
(d) They believe he is a handsome man.
5. What is Song wearing when Gallimard enters her apartment?
(a) A full formal dress.
(b) A sheer dressing gown.
(d) A kimono.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
2. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
3. What does Gallimard believe about God?
4. Where does Gallimard meet Renee?
5. Where does Act 3, Scene 1 take place?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)