|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't Renee like about China?
(a) There are no handsome men.
(b) There's nothing to do at night.
(c) It's an ugly place.
(d) There are too many women.
2. What is the job that Gallimard is promoted to?
3. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
(a) Pinkerton and his American wife.
(b) Cio-Cio-San and Sharpless.
(c) Pinkerton and Cio-Cio-San
(d) Cio-Cio-San and Suzuki.
4. What does the banner read that Comrade Chin enters with?
(a) "The Actor Knows His End is Near!"
(b) "The Actor Cannot Escape His Fate!"
(c) "The Actor Denies His Heritage!"
(d) "The Actor Renounces His Decadent Profession!"
5. Who appears in Gallimard's dream in Scene 9?
(d) The magazine model.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
2. According to Gallimard, how many American dollars were spent for every Viet Cong killed?
3. What does Song say she wants to do now that her life as an actor is over?
4. What is one reason Song gives for not wanting to marry Gallimard?
5. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)