|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Song define the Chinese?
(a) Hopeless romantics.
2. What does Gallimard fear when Toulon is talking to him?
(a) He will take Song away from him.
(b) He will be fired.
(c) He is going to kill him.
(d) He cannot be saved by love.
3. What is the setting of Scene 2?
(a) A courtroom.
(b) A flat in China.
(c) A party in a chic parlor.
(d) The streets of Beijing.
4. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
5. What does Toulon believe about Gallimard?
(a) He will change the world.
(b) He is too quiet.
(c) He is tidy and efficient.
(d) He is a passionate man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gallimard get scared when Isabelle screamed that she was coming?
2. How does Toulon feel about Gallimard's infidelity?
3. In Madame Butterfly, how old is Butterfly?
4. In Scene 1, in what city is Gallimard residing?
5. How large is Gallimard's cell?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)