|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song say she has never done before?
(a) Sang for a white person.
(b) Talked to a man.
(c) Thought of any man the way she thinks of Gallimard.
(d) Invited a man up to her flat.
2. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
(a) Giuseppe Verdi.
(b) Giacomo Puccini.
(c) Richard Wagner.
(d) William Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan.
3. What does Chin want Song to find out?
(a) When they will assassinate the President.
(b) If America plans on moving into China.
(c) When they will assassinate Chairman Mao.
(d) When America is planning on bombing Vietnam.
4. What does Gallimard claim about the Chinese?
(a) They want to be protected by the Vietnamese.
(b) They love the American president.
(c) They do not like Ho Chi Minh.
(d) They love the white people.
5. What does Gallimard say his job affects?
(a) A large part of the universe.
(b) A small slice of China.
(c) A bit of the earth.
(d) A small corner of the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Gallimard at the point Scene 13 occurs?
2. What does Gallimard ask Song?
3. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
4. What was one outstanding feature about Isabelle that Marc remembers?
5. What does Song realize Gallimard wants her to do?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)