|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gallimard call his relationship to Renee?
(a) An extra extramarital affair.
(b) The right thing to do.
(c) A mistake.
(d) The affair of the century.
2. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
(a) "I loved the perfect woman."
(b) "I saved a dollar, here I lie."
(c) "I saved a woman, here I lie."
(d) "I loved money."
3. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
(a) The meek husband and the brave Oriental wife.
(b) The submissive Oriental woman with the cruel white man.
(c) The submissive Oriental woman and the shy white man.
(d) The submissive white women with the cruel Oriental man.
4. What does Chin want Song to find out?
(a) When they will assassinate the President.
(b) If America plans on moving into China.
(c) When they will assassinate Chairman Mao.
(d) When America is planning on bombing Vietnam.
5. What does Song say about Chin as she exits?
(a) "What passes for a woman in modern China."
(b) "What passes as a servant to the people."
(c) "What passes for a man in modern America.
(d) "What passes for an officer."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
2. According to Song, what does Gallimard shame her with?
3. What does Song say is necessary to counter a counter-revolutionary act?
4. In Act 2, Scene 11, what does Gallimard want from Helga?
5. What was one outstanding feature about Isabelle that Marc remembers?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)