|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
(a) "Death in life is worse than death. Death is life."
(b) "Life is no worse than death. This life is dishonor."
(c) "Death without honor is worse in life. Life is dishonor."
(d) "Death with honor is better than life. Life with dishonor."
2. What was one outstanding feature about Isabelle that Marc remembers?
(a) She had the softest skin.
(b) She was a horrible person.
(c) She never wore underwear.
(d) She had beautiful eyes.
3. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
4. According to Gallimard, why did God create Eve?
(a) For the good of the earth.
(b) To serve Adam.
(c) To give life.
(d) To serve God.
5. What does Butterfly use to kill herself in the opera?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) Her sleeves.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of things that Renee's father imports into the Third World?
2. What kind of woman did Gallimard marry?
3. What does Gallimard believe about God?
4. What does Toulon believe about Gallimard?
5. What kind of baby does Song want to present to Gallimard?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)