|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gallimard fear when Toulon is talking to him?
(a) He cannot be saved by love.
(b) He is going to kill him.
(c) He will take Song away from him.
(d) He will be fired.
2. What part of Song's letter does Gallimard quote for her?
(a) "I have already give you my soul."
(b) "I have already given you my heart."
(c) "I have already given you my shame."
(d) "I have already given you my life."
3. What does Gallimard want after his encounter with Toulon?
(a) A night with Renee.
(d) A shoulder to cry on.
4. What does Song need from Comrade Chin?
(a) A baby.
(b) An alibi.
(c) A new name.
(d) A job.
5. What character does Marc appear as in Act 1, Scene 11?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A beuracrat.
(c) A servant.
(d) A king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Vietnamese generals plan on assassinating?
2. What is the name of the baby?
3. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
4. What does the banner read that Comrade Chin enters with?
5. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)