|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes between the year Gallimard is fired from the embassy and the year Song travels to France to live with him?
(a) Tenty years.
(b) Four years.
(c) One year.
(d) Ten years.
2. What does Gallimard want after his encounter with Toulon?
(b) A night with Renee.
(c) A shoulder to cry on.
3. What idea of Song's does Gallimard repeat to Toulon?
(a) The Chinese culture is rooted two-thousad years in the past.
(b) The Chinese are kept ignorant equally.
(c) The Chinese miss the old days.
(d) The Chinese are afraid of power.
4. What does the banner state that is unveiled at the end of Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) "The Actor Serves the People!"
(b) "The Actor is Rehabilitated!"
(c) "The Actor Denies and Dies!"
(d) "The Actor Lives!"
5. Why did Gallimard get scared when Isabelle screamed that she was coming?
(a) He thought she meant someone was actually coming.
(b) He didn't want it to end.
(c) He didn't like loud noises.
(d) He was embarrassed to be seen with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
2. In what years does Scene 5 take place?
3. According to Marc, how was Gallimard a different man in China?
4. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
5. According to Chin, where does pollution begin?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)