|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was NOT waiting for Gallimard back in Paris when he arrived in 1968?
(a) Better Chinese food than he'd eaten in China.
(b) A regular schedule.
(c) Friends and family.
2. As Chin enters, what does Gallimard beg of the audience?
(a) To side with whoever they see fit.
(b) To try to see it from his point of view,
(c) To judge Song for what she is doing.
(d) To love Song despite her betrayal.
3. What does the banner read that Comrade Chin enters with?
(a) "The Actor Renounces His Decadent Profession!"
(b) "The Actor Cannot Escape His Fate!"
(c) "The Actor Knows His End is Near!"
(d) "The Actor Denies His Heritage!"
4. What it the setting of Scene 6?
(a) His flat in Beijing.
(b) His flat in Paris.
(c) The Australian ambassador's house.
(d) The German ambassador's house.
5. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
(a) He is a man.
(b) He is French.
(c) He is wearing a tie.
(d) He is wearing a hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
2. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
3. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
4. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
5. What does Song tell Gallimard he was to her?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)