|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has passed since Gallimard's last meeting with Song by Scene 13?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Eight weeks.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Nine weeks.
2. How large is Gallimard's cell?
(a) 3 meters by 5 meters.
(b) 4 1/2 feet by 5 feet.
(c) 4 feet by 5 feet.
(d) 4 1/2 meters by 5 meters.
3. What does Gallimard want Toulon to tell the Americans?
(a) There is a natural affinity between America and France.
(b) There is a natural affinity between the West and the Orient.
(c) There is a bond of trust between the East and West.
(d) The Americas should protectthe Orient.
4. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted her to be sad.
(b) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
(c) He wanted to kill her.
(d) He wanted to take her in his arms.
5. What is an important fact that Toulon wants Gallimard to know about their jobs at the embassy?
(a) They will watch for spies.
(b) They will push for more power.
(c) The nature of their work is changing.
(d) Things will continue as normal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
2. Where does Scene 8 take place?
3. In Madame Butterfly, how old is Butterfly?
4. What does Song call Gallimard's society?
5. In what year does Scene 6 take place?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)