|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scene 8 take place?
(a) The Ambassador's home.
(b) The Chinese opera house and the streets of Beijing.
(c) A prison cell and the streets of Paris.
(d) The President's home.
2. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
3. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
4. According to the commentary that Gallimard reads in Act 2, Scene 1, what does every man want to do to Pinkerton when they watch Madame Butterfly?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Kick him.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Shake his hand.
5. Finish Gallimard's sentence: "Oriental women - when they're good they're very good, but when they're bad..."
(a) "...they're Christians."
(b) "...they're men."
(c) "...they're women."
(d) "...they're Americans."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Toulon feel about Gallimard's infidelity?
2. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
3. According to Song, what does happiness look like?
4. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
5. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)