|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
(b) He wanted her to be sad.
(c) He wanted to kill her.
(d) He wanted to take her in his arms.
2. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
(a) She called him "friend."
(b) She was very hateful.
(c) She said she would tell his wife.
(d) She said she missed him.
3. Why did Gallimard get scared when Isabelle screamed that she was coming?
(a) He was embarrassed to be seen with her.
(b) He didn't want it to end.
(c) He thought she meant someone was actually coming.
(d) He didn't like loud noises.
4. Where does Scene 13 take place?
(a) The German embassy.
(b) Gallimard's home.
(c) Song's apartment.
(d) The French embassy.
5. What does the banner read that Comrade Chin enters with?
(a) "The Actor Renounces His Decadent Profession!"
(b) "The Actor Knows His End is Near!"
(c) "The Actor Denies His Heritage!"
(d) "The Actor Cannot Escape His Fate!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scene 11 take place?
2. What kind of baby does Song want to present to Gallimard?
3. What is Gallimard sick of hearing about the Chinese culture?
4. At what point in the plot does Scene 8 pick up?
5. Who is in the framed picture that Gallimard picks up?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)