|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
(a) "...failure as a child."
(b) "...a depressing mairage."
(c) "...happiness in high school."
(d) "...finding happiness in love."
2. Where does Song say she will be when the audience returns from their five-minute break?
(a) Where they least expect her to be.
(b) In court.
(c) Right where they left her.
3. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
(b) Comrade Chin.
4. How has life in the West been for Gallimard?
(a) A disappointment.
(b) A relaxing situation.
(c) A healthy change.
(d) Hard work.
5. According to the commentary that Gallimard reads in Act 2, Scene 1, what does every man want to do to Pinkerton when they watch Madame Butterfly?
(a) Shake his hand.
(b) Kick him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Hug him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scene 10 take place?
2. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
3. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
4. As Chin enters, what does Gallimard beg of the audience?
5. What is Gallimard's opinion of the baby?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)