|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 12?
(a) The American embassy.
(b) The streets of Beijing.
(c) Song's flat.
(d) Ambassador Toulon's residence.
2. How many women has Marc slept with since he got married?
(a) Four hundred.
(b) Three hundred.
3. What is Song wearing when Gallimard enters her apartment?
(b) A kimono.
(c) A full formal dress.
(d) A sheer dressing gown.
4. In what year does Scene 10 take place?
5. How much time passes between the year Gallimard is fired from the embassy and the year Song travels to France to live with him?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One year.
(c) Tenty years.
(d) Four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Song, what does happiness look like?
2. According to the commentary that Gallimard reads in Act 2, Scene 1, what does every man want to do to Pinkerton when they watch Madame Butterfly?
3. As Chin enters, what does Gallimard beg of the audience?
4. Who appears in Gallimard's dream in Scene 9?
5. What is one of the things about Song that Gallimard considers to be rare?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)