|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was NOT waiting for Gallimard back in Paris when he arrived in 1968?
(a) A regular schedule.
(c) Friends and family.
(d) Better Chinese food than he'd eaten in China.
2. What does Gallimard say his job affects?
(a) A bit of the earth.
(b) A small corner of the world.
(c) A large part of the universe.
(d) A small slice of China.
3. What does Song say is necessary to counter a counter-revolutionary act?
(a) A counter-revolutionary act.
(b) An act of violence.
(c) An act of desperation.
(d) A revolutionary act.
4. What part of Song's letter does Gallimard quote for her?
(a) "I have already given you my heart."
(b) "I have already given you my shame."
(c) "I have already given you my life."
(d) "I have already give you my soul."
5. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one outstanding feature about Isabelle that Marc remembers?
2. How much time passes between the year Gallimard is fired from the embassy and the year Song travels to France to live with him?
3. According to Gallimard, who do the Orientals want to be associated with?
4. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
5. Who is in the framed picture that Gallimard picks up?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)