|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
(a) "No women allowed."
(b) "No dogs or cats."
(c) "Whites only."
(d) "No dogs and Chinamen."
2. What does Gallimard say about Song's performance?
(a) It is the first time he understands her death.
(b) It is the first time he sees the beauty of the story.
(c) It is the first time he sees the truth of the story.
(d) It is the first time he is angry at Pinkerton.
3. How old is Gallimard at the point Scene 13 occurs?
4. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
(a) "I loved the perfect woman."
(b) "I saved a woman, here I lie."
(c) "I saved a dollar, here I lie."
(d) "I loved money."
5. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in the framed picture that Gallimard picks up?
2. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
3. What does Gallimard want after his encounter with Toulon?
4. What does Chin want to make sure that Song remembers?
5. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)