|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chin want to make sure that Song remembers?
(a) Her acts are for the greater good.
(b) There is no homosexuality in China.
(c) Women have no respect in China.
(d) Women are stupid.
2. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted her to be sad.
(b) He wanted to take her in his arms.
(c) He wanted to kill her.
(d) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
3. What does Song call Gallimard's society?
4. What is the job that Gallimard is promoted to?
5. What does Toulon state will not be part of Gallimard's job requirement?
(b) Good judgment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gallimard say about Song's performance?
2. What does Song say about the soul of China?
3. From what location is Gallimard narrating his story?
4. What does Gallimard believe about God?
5. According to the commentary that Gallimard reads in Act 2, Scene 1, what does every man want to do to Pinkerton when they watch Madame Butterfly?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)