|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
(a) "Life is no worse than death. This life is dishonor."
(b) "Death in life is worse than death. Death is life."
(c) "Death without honor is worse in life. Life is dishonor."
(d) "Death with honor is better than life. Life with dishonor."
2. What is the job that Gallimard is promoted to?
3. Who is in the framed picture that Gallimard picks up?
(a) Song's son.
(c) Song's father
(d) Song's grandfather.
4. How many women has Marc slept with since he got married?
(b) Three hundred.
(d) Four hundred.
5. What is one of the things about Song that Gallimard considers to be rare?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She listens to him.
(c) She will pleasure him.
(d) She sings like a bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Song afraid of as she is entertaining Gallimard in her parlor?
2. What does Chin want Song to find out?
3. What is NOT one of things that Renee's father imports into the Third World?
4. What is Song's response when Chin wants to know how Song retains all the information?
5. In what year does Scene 12 take place?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)