|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song say about the soul of China?
(a) It is rooted two thousand years in the past.
(b) It is unwilling to learn from its mistakes..
(c) It is much older than the soul of France.
(d) It is a forward-thinking society.
2. What does Gallimard ask Song?
(a) "Why me?"
(b) "Are you my Butterfly?"
(c) "Are you the one?"
(d) "Who is Butterfly?"
3. What is NOT one of things that Renee's father imports into the Third World?
(a) Hula hoops.
(b) Confectioner's sugar.
(c) Coffee mugs.
(d) Squirt guns.
4. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Small men in drag.
(b) Huge women in bad makeup.
(c) Huge men in bad makeup.
(d) Huge women in viking helmets.
5. Where does Scene 8 take place?
(a) A prison cell and the streets of Paris.
(b) The President's home.
(c) The Chinese opera house and the streets of Beijing.
(d) The Ambassador's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Scene 6 take place?
2. What part of Song's letter does Gallimard quote for her?
3. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
4. What event is going on in Scene 12?
5. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)