|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Gallimard, who do the Orientals want to be associated with?
(a) Ho Chi Minh.
(b) Whoever shows the most strength and power.
(c) China and only China.
2. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
(a) She was very hateful.
(b) She called him "friend."
(c) She said she missed him.
(d) She said she would tell his wife.
3. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
(a) "Least likely to kiss a girl."
(b) "Least popular."
(c) "Least likely to succeed."
(d) "Least likely to be invited to a party."
4. In Scene 1, in what city is Gallimard residing?
(a) Shanghai, China.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Beijing, China.
(d) Versailles, France.
5. What does Song say she has never done before?
(a) Invited a man up to her flat.
(b) Thought of any man the way she thinks of Gallimard.
(c) Sang for a white person.
(d) Talked to a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
2. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
3. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
4. What event is going on in Scene 12?
5. What is an important fact that Toulon wants Gallimard to know about their jobs at the embassy?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)