|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Gallimard cease to call on Song?
(a) To feel the rush of power over a woman.
(b) He has no interest in her.
(c) To protect her.
(d) He was afraid of scandal.
2. What does Song say she has never done before?
(a) Sang for a white person.
(b) Talked to a man.
(c) Invited a man up to her flat.
(d) Thought of any man the way she thinks of Gallimard.
3. What is NOT one of things that Renee's father imports into the Third World?
(a) Hula hoops.
(b) Coffee mugs.
(c) Confectioner's sugar.
(d) Squirt guns.
4. What is Gallimard sick of hearing about the Chinese culture?
(a) That it is old.
(b) That it is submissive.
(c) That is it small.
(d) That it is new.
5. Finish Gallimard's sentence: "Oriental women - when they're good they're very good, but when they're bad..."
(a) "...they're Christians."
(b) "...they're men."
(c) "...they're Americans."
(d) "...they're women."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the night that occurs in Scene 10?
2. What does Chin think about actors?
3. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
4. As Chin enters, what does Gallimard beg of the audience?
5. What event is going on in Scene 12?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)