|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does Marc appear as in Act 1, Scene 11?
(a) A servant.
(b) A king.
(c) A beuracrat.
(d) A soldier.
2. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
(a) "The Lass that Loved a Sailor."
(b) "The Marriage Duet."
(c) "The Love Duet."
(d) "The Whole World Over."
3. In the end, what was a reason for Gallimard's refusal to go to the doctor?
(a) Going to the doctor would end in Helga being pregnant.
(b) Going to the doctor would make Song unhappy.
(c) Going to the doctor would question his manhood.
(d) Going to the doctor would make him a woman.
4. What does Gallimard ask Song after they talk about Gallimard's conversation with Helga regarding the doctor visit?
(a) If she wants to have his baby.
(b) If she wants to marry him.
(c) If she is happy with him.
(d) If he should leave Helga.
5. Why did Isabelle have sex with Gallimard?
(a) Marc arranged it.
(b) She was lonely.
(c) She wanted revenge on Marc for rejecting her.
(d) She was in love with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Toulon feel about Gallimard's infidelity?
2. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
3. Where does Scene 8 take place?
4. What song from Madame Butterfly underscores the scene in which Gallimard is reading Song's letters?
5. What is different about the night that occurs in Scene 10?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)