|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
(a) The submissive white women with the cruel Oriental man.
(b) The submissive Oriental woman with the cruel white man.
(c) The meek husband and the brave Oriental wife.
(d) The submissive Oriental woman and the shy white man.
2. Why did Gallimard get scared when Isabelle screamed that she was coming?
(a) He was embarrassed to be seen with her.
(b) He didn't like loud noises.
(c) He didn't want it to end.
(d) He thought she meant someone was actually coming.
3. What does Chin want Song to find out?
(a) When America is planning on bombing Vietnam.
(b) When they will assassinate Chairman Mao.
(c) When they will assassinate the President.
(d) If America plans on moving into China.
4. What does Song say she has never done before?
(a) Talked to a man.
(b) Sang for a white person.
(c) Invited a man up to her flat.
(d) Thought of any man the way she thinks of Gallimard.
5. What does Gallimard believe about God?
(a) He is a man.
(b) He sees Gallimard's crimes.
(c) He does not exist.
(d) He is all-powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Helga go on the night Gallimard went to the opera house?
2. What does Gallimard ask Song after they talk about Gallimard's conversation with Helga regarding the doctor visit?
3. What song from Madame Butterfly underscores the scene in which Gallimard is reading Song's letters?
4. How much time has passed since Gallimard's last meeting with Song by Scene 13?
5. According to Gallimard, why did God create Eve?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)