|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
(a) Rita Moreno.
(b) Anna May Wong.
(c) Lana Turner.
(d) Nancy Kwan.
2. What idea of Song's does Gallimard repeat to Toulon?
(a) The Chinese are afraid of power.
(b) The Chinese culture is rooted two-thousad years in the past.
(c) The Chinese miss the old days.
(d) The Chinese are kept ignorant equally.
3. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
(a) "The Marriage Duet."
(b) "The Whole World Over."
(c) "The Love Duet."
(d) "The Lass that Loved a Sailor."
4. What does Toulon find irritating?
(a) America moving into Vietnam to grab the territory
(b) France's cowardliness.
(c) America's growing angry attitude.
(d) France's imperialism.
5. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
(b) Street smarts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gallimard sick of hearing about the Chinese culture?
2. What does Chin want Song to find out?
3. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
4. What is the setting of Scene 12?
5. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)