|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea of Song's does Gallimard repeat to Toulon?
(a) The Chinese miss the old days.
(b) The Chinese culture is rooted two-thousad years in the past.
(c) The Chinese are afraid of power.
(d) The Chinese are kept ignorant equally.
2. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
(a) They are a people with a rich heritage.
(b) They are an incredibly arrogant people.
(c) They are an amazing people.
(d) They are a young people.
3. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
4. What is the setting of Scene 12?
(a) The streets of Beijing.
(b) Ambassador Toulon's residence.
(c) The American embassy.
(d) Song's flat.
5. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
(a) They think he is dangerous.
(b) They believe he is a handsome man.
(c) They believe he is not good looking.
(d) They think he is inspiring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the night that occurs in Scene 10?
2. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
3. What kind of woman did Gallimard marry?
4. What does Gallimard start to call Song after their affair starts?
5. What does Gallimard claim about the Chinese?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)