|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted to kill her.
(b) He wanted to take her in his arms.
(c) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
(d) He wanted her to be sad.
2. Where does Scene 8 take place?
(a) The Ambassador's home.
(b) The President's home.
(c) A prison cell and the streets of Paris.
(d) The Chinese opera house and the streets of Beijing.
3. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
(a) Cio-Cio-San and Suzuki.
(b) Pinkerton and Cio-Cio-San
(c) Cio-Cio-San and Sharpless.
(d) Pinkerton and his American wife.
4. According to the commentary that Gallimard reads in Act 2, Scene 1, what does every man want to do to Pinkerton when they watch Madame Butterfly?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Shake his hand.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Kick him.
5. Why did Gallimard get scared when Isabelle screamed that she was coming?
(a) He thought she meant someone was actually coming.
(b) He didn't want it to end.
(c) He was embarrassed to be seen with her.
(d) He didn't like loud noises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Renee's profession?
2. What was one outstanding feature about Isabelle that Marc remembers?
3. In what year does Scene 6 take place?
4. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
5. What is Song wearing when Gallimard enters her apartment?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)