|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Butterfly use to kill herself in the opera?
(a) A sword.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) Her sleeves.
2. What is different about the night that occurs in Scene 10?
(a) Gallimard has been invited into Song's apartment.
(b) Gallimard kisses Song.
(c) Gallimard walks Song home.
(d) Helga meets Song.
3. What does Song say she has never done before?
(a) Invited a man up to her flat.
(b) Thought of any man the way she thinks of Gallimard.
(c) Talked to a man.
(d) Sang for a white person.
4. What does Toulon state will not be part of Gallimard's job requirement?
(a) Good judgment.
5. What does Marc compare a pool full of naked women to?
(a) A grab bag.
(b) A scandal waiting to happen.
(c) A barrel of monkeys.
(d) A fish pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
2. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
3. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
4. How large is Gallimard's cell?
5. Where does Scene 8 take place?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)