|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Isabelle have sex with Gallimard?
(a) She was lonely.
(b) Marc arranged it.
(c) She wanted revenge on Marc for rejecting her.
(d) She was in love with him.
2. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Huge women in bad makeup.
(b) Small men in drag.
(c) Huge men in bad makeup.
(d) Huge women in viking helmets.
3. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
(a) An old man.
(b) A celebrity.
(c) A perfect man.
(d) A failure.
4. Where does Scene 8 take place?
(a) The President's home.
(b) A prison cell and the streets of Paris.
(c) The Chinese opera house and the streets of Beijing.
(d) The Ambassador's home.
5. What does Gallimard fear when Toulon is talking to him?
(a) He is going to kill him.
(b) He will take Song away from him.
(c) He cannot be saved by love.
(d) He will be fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Scene 12 take place?
2. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
3. Where did Helga go on the night Gallimard went to the opera house?
4. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
5. Why did Gallimard get scared when Isabelle screamed that she was coming?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)