|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 12?
(a) The American embassy.
(b) Ambassador Toulon's residence.
(c) The streets of Beijing.
(d) Song's flat.
2. What is an important fact that Toulon wants Gallimard to know about their jobs at the embassy?
(a) They will watch for spies.
(b) The nature of their work is changing.
(c) They will push for more power.
(d) Things will continue as normal.
3. According to Gallimard, how does Manuel Toulon think of himself?
(a) As a servant of the people.
(b) As God.
(c) As a mother hen.
(d) As a proud boss.
4. What is Gallimard sick of hearing about the Chinese culture?
(a) That it is new.
(b) That it is old.
(c) That it is submissive.
(d) That is it small.
5. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
(a) They think he is dangerous.
(b) They believe he is not good looking.
(c) They believe he is a handsome man.
(d) They think he is inspiring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is going on in Scene 12?
2. What character does Marc appear as in Act 1, Scene 11?
3. What does Gallimard believe about God?
4. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
5. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)