|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the features of Pinkerton's house?
(a) Shag carpet.
(b) A view of the rice fields.
(c) A disco mirror ball.
(d) A view of the ocean.
2. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
3. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
(b) Present day.
4. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
(a) The submissive white women with the cruel Oriental man.
(b) The submissive Oriental woman and the shy white man.
(c) The meek husband and the brave Oriental wife.
(d) The submissive Oriental woman with the cruel white man.
5. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted to kill her.
(b) He wanted to take her in his arms.
(c) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
(d) He wanted her to be sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
2. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
3. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
4. In what year does Scene 6 take place?
5. Where does Scene 8 take place?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)