|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song claim she has given to Gallimard?
(a) Her shame.
(b) Her life.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her soul.
2. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
3. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
(a) "No women allowed."
(b) "No dogs and Chinamen."
(c) "Whites only."
(d) "No dogs or cats."
4. What event is going on in Scene 12?
(a) A reception.
(b) A crowning.
(c) An opera performance.
(d) A meeting.
5. What is different about the night that occurs in Scene 10?
(a) Gallimard kisses Song.
(b) Gallimard walks Song home.
(c) Gallimard has been invited into Song's apartment.
(d) Helga meets Song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Song's full name?
2. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
3. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
4. From what location is Gallimard narrating his story?
5. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)