|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song from Madame Butterfly underscores the scene in which Gallimard is reading Song's letters?
(a) "Butterfly's Death."
(b) "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major General."
(c) "Love Duet"
(d) "The Whole World Over."
2. Why did Gallimard cease to call on Song?
(a) He has no interest in her.
(b) To feel the rush of power over a woman.
(c) To protect her.
(d) He was afraid of scandal.
3. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
(a) Anna May Wong.
(b) Nancy Kwan.
(c) Lana Turner.
(d) Rita Moreno.
4. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
(a) Cio-Cio-San and Sharpless.
(b) Pinkerton and his American wife.
(c) Pinkerton and Cio-Cio-San
(d) Cio-Cio-San and Suzuki.
5. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
(a) The perfect man.
(b) The perfect woman.
(c) The most beautiful woman.
(d) The sweetest woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Isabelle have sex with Gallimard?
2. Who appears in Gallimard's dream in Scene 9?
3. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
4. How many women has Marc slept with since he got married?
5. What is Song's full name?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)