|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song say about the soul of China?
(a) It is unwilling to learn from its mistakes..
(b) It is much older than the soul of France.
(c) It is rooted two thousand years in the past.
(d) It is a forward-thinking society.
2. What is different about the night that occurs in Scene 10?
(a) Gallimard walks Song home.
(b) Gallimard kisses Song.
(c) Gallimard has been invited into Song's apartment.
(d) Helga meets Song.
3. What does Song claim she has given to Gallimard?
(a) Her shame.
(b) Her life.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her love.
4. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
5. Where did Helga go on the night Gallimard went to the opera house?
(a) The American embassy..
(b) A martial arts demonstration.
(c) An ambassador's party.
(d) The Opera House.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
2. What event is going on in Scene 12?
3. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
4. What is Gallimard sick of hearing about the Chinese culture?
5. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)