|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song hate about her audience?
(a) Their smell.
(b) Their social bearing.
(c) Their teeth.
(d) Their age.
2. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
(a) They believe he is a handsome man.
(b) They think he is inspiring.
(c) They believe he is not good looking.
(d) They think he is dangerous.
3. What does Gallimard ask Song?
(a) "Are you the one?"
(b) "Why me?"
(c) "Are you my Butterfly?"
(d) "Who is Butterfly?"
4. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Huge women in viking helmets.
(b) Huge men in bad makeup.
(c) Huge women in bad makeup.
(d) Small men in drag.
5. Where does Scene 8 take place?
(a) A prison cell and the streets of Paris.
(b) The Chinese opera house and the streets of Beijing.
(c) The President's home.
(d) The Ambassador's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
2. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
3. Why did Isabelle have sex with Gallimard?
4. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
5. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)