|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song call Gallimard?
(a) A cad.
(b) A wimp.
(c) An idiot.
(d) A tiger.
2. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Huge women in bad makeup.
(b) Huge men in bad makeup.
(c) Huge women in viking helmets.
(d) Small men in drag.
3. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
(a) Manuel Toulon.
(b) Comrade Chin.
(c) Gallimard himself.
4. In Scene 1, in what city is Gallimard residing?
(a) Beijing, China.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Versailles, France.
(d) Shanghai, China.
5. According to Gallimard, how does Manuel Toulon think of himself?
(a) As a mother hen.
(b) As God.
(c) As a servant of the people.
(d) As a proud boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
2. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
3. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
4. How old is Gallimard at the point Scene 13 occurs?
5. What kind of woman did Gallimard marry?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)