|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song call Gallimard?
(a) A wimp.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A cad.
(d) An idiot.
2. How old is Gallimard at the point Scene 13 occurs?
3. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
(a) "I wonder who she is..."
(b) "God. So this is it?"
(c) "God. This is wonderful!"
(d) "Help me!"
4. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
(b) Street smarts.
5. What is different about the night that occurs in Scene 10?
(a) Gallimard walks Song home.
(b) Helga meets Song.
(c) Gallimard has been invited into Song's apartment.
(d) Gallimard kisses Song.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gallimard describe his meetings with Song after her weekly performances?
2. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
3. What part of Song's letter does Gallimard quote for her?
4. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
5. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)