|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
2. In Madame Butterfly, how old is Butterfly?
3. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
(a) She was the first woman Marc ever loved.
(b) She was the first woman he ever loved.
(c) She was his first sexual experience.
(d) She was his sister.
4. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Huge women in viking helmets.
(b) Small men in drag.
(c) Huge men in bad makeup.
(d) Huge women in bad makeup.
5. How does Toulon say Gallimard has changed?
(a) He has become confident.
(b) He has become more physically fit.
(c) He has become withdrawn.
(d) He gets on his nerves,
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
2. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
3. In what year does Scene 6 take place?
4. What does Song say she has never done before?
5. How long did it take before Gallimard went to see Song perform at the opera house?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)