|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
(a) He will force her to leave her family.
(b) He will love a butterfly and never let it go.
(c) He will catch a butterfly, pierce its heart and leave it to perish.
(d) He will kill her baby.
2. What it the setting of Scene 6?
(a) His flat in Paris.
(b) His flat in Beijing.
(c) The Australian ambassador's house.
(d) The German ambassador's house.
3. What part of Song's letter does Gallimard quote for her?
(a) "I have already given you my shame."
(b) "I have already given you my heart."
(c) "I have already give you my soul."
(d) "I have already given you my life."
4. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted to kill her.
(b) He wanted to take her in his arms.
(c) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
(d) He wanted her to be sad.
5. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
2. What is Song's full name?
3. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
4. What is Song wearing when Gallimard enters her apartment?
5. In what year does Scene 12 take place?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)