|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Gallimard cease to call on Song?
(a) To protect her.
(b) He has no interest in her.
(c) To feel the rush of power over a woman.
(d) He was afraid of scandal.
2. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
(a) "...failure as a child."
(b) "...happiness in high school."
(c) "...finding happiness in love."
(d) "...a depressing mairage."
3. What does Gallimard say about Song's performance?
(a) It is the first time he sees the truth of the story.
(b) It is the first time he sees the beauty of the story.
(c) It is the first time he is angry at Pinkerton.
(d) It is the first time he understands her death.
4. What is Song afraid of as she is entertaining Gallimard in her parlor?
(b) Hoping for too much.
(c) A beating from her father.
5. What was one outstanding feature about Isabelle that Marc remembers?
(a) She never wore underwear.
(b) She had the softest skin.
(c) She was a horrible person.
(d) She had beautiful eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Helga go on the night Gallimard went to the opera house?
2. What does Toulon state will not be part of Gallimard's job requirement?
3. Why did Gallimard get scared when Isabelle screamed that she was coming?
4. Who is in the framed picture that Gallimard picks up?
5. How old is Gallimard at the point Scene 13 occurs?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)