|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
(a) She was his sister.
(b) She was the first woman he ever loved.
(c) She was the first woman Marc ever loved.
(d) She was his first sexual experience.
2. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
(a) The sweetest woman.
(b) The perfect woman.
(c) The most beautiful woman.
(d) The perfect man.
3. What part of Song's letter does Gallimard quote for her?
(a) "I have already given you my life."
(b) "I have already given you my heart."
(c) "I have already give you my soul."
(d) "I have already given you my shame."
4. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
(a) "Death in life is worse than death. Death is life."
(b) "Life is no worse than death. This life is dishonor."
(c) "Death with honor is better than life. Life with dishonor."
(d) "Death without honor is worse in life. Life is dishonor."
5. What does Song hate about her audience?
(a) Their smell.
(b) Their age.
(c) Their teeth.
(d) Their social bearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many women has Marc slept with since he got married?
2. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
3. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
4. How large is Gallimard's cell?
5. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)