|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song promise to Gallimard after her outburst?
(a) She will love him forever.
(b) She will fire the servants.
(c) She will serve him tea.
(d) She will not apologize for anything else.
2. In Scene 1, in what city is Gallimard residing?
(a) Versailles, France.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Shanghai, China.
(d) Beijing, China.
3. What it the setting of Scene 6?
(a) His flat in Paris.
(b) His flat in Beijing.
(c) The German ambassador's house.
(d) The Australian ambassador's house.
4. How much time has passed since Gallimard's last meeting with Song by Scene 13?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Nine weeks.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Eight weeks.
5. What is the setting of Scene 2?
(a) A flat in China.
(b) A courtroom.
(c) The streets of Beijing.
(d) A party in a chic parlor.
Short Answer Questions
1. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
2. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
3. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
4. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
5. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)