|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
(a) He is wearing a hat.
(b) He is French.
(c) He is wearing a tie.
(d) He is a man.
2. What does Toulon believe about Gallimard?
(a) He is tidy and efficient.
(b) He is too quiet.
(c) He will change the world.
(d) He is a passionate man.
3. In Scene 1, in what city is Gallimard residing?
(a) Beijing, China.
(b) Versailles, France.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Shanghai, China.
4. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Huge women in viking helmets.
(b) Small men in drag.
(c) Huge women in bad makeup.
(d) Huge men in bad makeup.
5. What is Song's full name?
(a) Song Liling.
(b) Song Gallimard.
(c) Song Suzuki.
(d) Song Long.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what location is Gallimard narrating his story?
2. Who appears in Gallimard's dream in Scene 9?
3. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
4. What does Song say she has never done before?
5. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)