|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scene 11 take place?
(a) The French embassy.
(b) The Austrian embassy
(c) The German embassy.
(d) The American embassy.
2. What kind of woman did Gallimard marry?
(a) A quiet woman.
(b) An older woman.
(c) An heiress.
(d) A sweet woman.
3. Where does Scene 8 take place?
(a) The President's home.
(b) A prison cell and the streets of Paris.
(c) The Chinese opera house and the streets of Beijing.
(d) The Ambassador's home.
4. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
(a) Lana Turner.
(b) Anna May Wong.
(c) Nancy Kwan.
(d) Rita Moreno.
5. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
(a) "The Lass that Loved a Sailor."
(b) "The Marriage Duet."
(c) "The Love Duet."
(d) "The Whole World Over."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 2?
2. What does Song promise to Gallimard after her outburst?
3. In Scene 1, in what city is Gallimard residing?
4. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
5. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)