|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
(a) "Whites only."
(b) "No dogs and Chinamen."
(c) "No women allowed."
(d) "No dogs or cats."
2. What does Toulon believe about Gallimard?
(a) He will change the world.
(b) He is tidy and efficient.
(c) He is a passionate man.
(d) He is too quiet.
3. What did Helga want to know about Song's performance Gallimard had seen that night?
(a) She wanted to know if Song sang well.
(b) She wanted to know if Gallimard had liked it.
(c) She wanted to know if Song was pretty.
(d) She wanted to know if Song had a nice costume.
4. What does Butterfly use to kill herself in the opera?
(a) A sword.
(b) A knife.
(c) Her sleeves.
(d) A gun.
5. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
(a) "...finding happiness in love."
(b) "...failure as a child."
(c) "...a depressing mairage."
(d) "...happiness in high school."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many women has Marc slept with since he got married?
2. What character does Marc appear as in Act 1, Scene 11?
3. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
4. How much time has passed since Gallimard's last meeting with Song by Scene 13?
5. What song from Madame Butterfly underscores the scene in which Gallimard is reading Song's letters?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)