|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
(b) Present day.
2. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
(a) Cio-Cio-San and Sharpless.
(b) Pinkerton and Cio-Cio-San
(c) Cio-Cio-San and Suzuki.
(d) Pinkerton and his American wife.
3. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
(a) The perfect woman.
(b) The sweetest woman.
(c) The most beautiful woman.
(d) The perfect man.
4. What does Song hate about her audience?
(a) Their smell.
(b) Their age.
(c) Their teeth.
(d) Their social bearing.
5. How large is Gallimard's cell?
(a) 4 1/2 feet by 5 feet.
(b) 4 feet by 5 feet.
(c) 4 1/2 meters by 5 meters.
(d) 3 meters by 5 meters.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
2. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
3. What was one outstanding feature about Isabelle that Marc remembers?
4. Why did Gallimard cease to call on Song?
5. What does Gallimard say about Song's performance?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)