|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Butterfly use to kill herself in the opera?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sword.
(d) Her sleeves.
2. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
(a) "God. This is wonderful!"
(b) "I wonder who she is..."
(c) "God. So this is it?"
(d) "Help me!"
3. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
(a) Anna May Wong.
(b) Lana Turner.
(c) Rita Moreno.
(d) Nancy Kwan.
4. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
(c) Comrade Chin.
5. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
(a) "I loved the perfect woman."
(b) "I saved a dollar, here I lie."
(c) "I loved money."
(d) "I saved a woman, here I lie."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
2. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
3. In Madame Butterfly, how old is Butterfly?
4. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
5. How old is Gallimard at the point Scene 13 occurs?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)