|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
(a) Rita Moreno.
(b) Lana Turner.
(c) Anna May Wong.
(d) Nancy Kwan.
2. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
(c) Present day.
3. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
(a) The sweetest woman.
(b) The perfect man.
(c) The perfect woman.
(d) The most beautiful woman.
4. How does Gallimard describe his meetings with Song after her weekly performances?
(c) Full of pleasure.
5. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
(a) 100 dollars.
(b) 200 dollars.
(c) 100 yen
(d) 200 yen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
2. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
3. How much time has passed since Gallimard's last meeting with Song by Scene 13?
4. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
5. What it the setting of Scene 6?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)