|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gallimard say about Song's performance?
(a) It is the first time he sees the truth of the story.
(b) It is the first time he sees the beauty of the story.
(c) It is the first time he understands her death.
(d) It is the first time he is angry at Pinkerton.
2. Why did Gallimard get scared when Isabelle screamed that she was coming?
(a) He was embarrassed to be seen with her.
(b) He thought she meant someone was actually coming.
(c) He didn't like loud noises.
(d) He didn't want it to end.
3. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
(a) She thinks it is boring.
(b) She thinks it is ridiculous.
(c) She thinks it is the perfect opera.
(d) She thinks it is beautiful.
4. How much time has passed since Gallimard's last meeting with Song by Scene 13?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Nine weeks.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Eight weeks.
5. How many women has Marc slept with since he got married?
(a) Four hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
2. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
3. What does Song get upset about when she enters the room?
4. What did Helga want to know about Song's performance Gallimard had seen that night?
5. What does Toulon believe about Gallimard?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)