|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
(a) "I loved the perfect woman."
(b) "I saved a dollar, here I lie."
(c) "I loved money."
(d) "I saved a woman, here I lie."
2. How old is Gallimard at the point Scene 13 occurs?
3. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
4. What does Gallimard believe about God?
(a) He does not exist.
(b) He is a man.
(c) He is all-powerful.
(d) He sees Gallimard's crimes.
5. What does Toulon believe about Gallimard?
(a) He is too quiet.
(b) He will change the world.
(c) He is a passionate man.
(d) He is tidy and efficient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
2. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
3. Where does Scene 8 take place?
4. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
5. What does Song call Gallimard?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)