|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does Song call Gallimard?
(a) 4:30 PM.
(b) 2:00 AM
(c) 5:30 AM
(d) 4:00 PM
2. How old is Gallimard at the point Scene 13 occurs?
3. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
(a) "No dogs or cats."
(b) "No women allowed."
(c) "No dogs and Chinamen."
(d) "Whites only."
4. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
(a) "Help me!"
(b) "I wonder who she is..."
(c) "God. This is wonderful!"
(d) "God. So this is it?"
5. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
(a) They think he is dangerous.
(b) They believe he is not good looking.
(c) They believe he is a handsome man.
(d) They think he is inspiring.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
2. Where does Scene 13 take place?
3. What is Song afraid of as she is entertaining Gallimard in her parlor?
4. What kind of woman did Gallimard marry?
5. In what year does Scene 12 take place?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)