|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Gallimard get scared when Isabelle screamed that she was coming?
(a) He thought she meant someone was actually coming.
(b) He didn't want it to end.
(c) He was embarrassed to be seen with her.
(d) He didn't like loud noises.
2. What is the setting of Scene 2?
(a) A party in a chic parlor.
(b) The streets of Beijing.
(c) A flat in China.
(d) A courtroom.
3. How long did it take before Gallimard went to see Song perform at the opera house?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Four months.
(d) Four days.
4. According to Gallimard, why did God create Eve?
(a) To serve God.
(b) For the good of the earth.
(c) To serve Adam.
(d) To give life.
5. What does Toulon state will not be part of Gallimard's job requirement?
(c) Good judgment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
2. What is Song wearing when Gallimard enters her apartment?
3. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
4. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
5. According to Gallimard, how does Manuel Toulon think of himself?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)