|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
2. What character does Marc appear as in Act 1, Scene 11?
(a) A servant.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A beuracrat.
(d) A king.
3. According to Gallimard, how does Manuel Toulon think of himself?
(a) As a servant of the people.
(b) As a mother hen.
(c) As God.
(d) As a proud boss.
4. What does Gallimard say about Song's performance?
(a) It is the first time he sees the truth of the story.
(b) It is the first time he sees the beauty of the story.
(c) It is the first time he understands her death.
(d) It is the first time he is angry at Pinkerton.
5. What does Gallimard ask Song?
(a) "Are you my Butterfly?"
(b) "Are you the one?"
(c) "Why me?"
(d) "Who is Butterfly?"
Short Answer Questions
1. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
2. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
3. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
4. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
5. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)