|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 2?
(a) A party in a chic parlor.
(b) The streets of Beijing.
(c) A courtroom.
(d) A flat in China.
2. What is the setting of Scene 12?
(a) The American embassy.
(b) Song's flat.
(c) Ambassador Toulon's residence.
(d) The streets of Beijing.
3. What it the setting of Scene 6?
(a) His flat in Paris.
(b) The Australian ambassador's house.
(c) His flat in Beijing.
(d) The German ambassador's house.
4. Where did Helga go on the night Gallimard went to the opera house?
(a) The Opera House.
(b) A martial arts demonstration.
(c) The American embassy..
(d) An ambassador's party.
5. What is Song's full name?
(a) Song Liling.
(b) Song Gallimard.
(c) Song Long.
(d) Song Suzuki.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
2. Why did Isabelle have sex with Gallimard?
3. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
4. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
5. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)