|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what location is Gallimard narrating his story?
(a) A courtroom in Paris.
(b) His flat in Paris.
(c) His flat in Beijing.
(d) A prison cell in Paris.
2. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
3. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted to kill her.
(b) He wanted her to be sad.
(c) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
(d) He wanted to take her in his arms.
4. Why did Gallimard cease to call on Song?
(a) He was afraid of scandal.
(b) To protect her.
(c) He has no interest in her.
(d) To feel the rush of power over a woman.
5. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gallimard describe his meetings with Song after her weekly performances?
2. What is Song's full name?
3. What character does Marc appear as in Act 1, Scene 11?
4. What does Song call Gallimard?
5. What is the setting of Scene 12?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)