|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Gallimard get scared when Isabelle screamed that she was coming?
(a) He didn't want it to end.
(b) He was embarrassed to be seen with her.
(c) He didn't like loud noises.
(d) He thought she meant someone was actually coming.
2. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
(a) She was very hateful.
(b) She said she missed him.
(c) She called him "friend."
(d) She said she would tell his wife.
3. What does Song hate about her audience?
(a) Their smell.
(b) Their teeth.
(c) Their age.
(d) Their social bearing.
4. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
5. By what other name does Pinkerton's wife go?
(b) Little One.
(c) Lovely One.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scene 11 take place?
2. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
3. How does Toulon say Gallimard has changed?
4. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
5. What is different about the night that occurs in Scene 10?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)