|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
(a) She called him "friend."
(b) She said she missed him.
(c) She was very hateful.
(d) She said she would tell his wife.
2. What does Gallimard ask Song?
(a) "Are you the one?"
(b) "Who is Butterfly?"
(c) "Why me?"
(d) "Are you my Butterfly?"
3. What is one of the features of Pinkerton's house?
(a) A view of the rice fields.
(b) A view of the ocean.
(c) Shag carpet.
(d) A disco mirror ball.
4. At what time does Song call Gallimard?
(a) 4:30 PM.
(b) 4:00 PM
(c) 5:30 AM
(d) 2:00 AM
5. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
(a) She was his first sexual experience.
(b) She was the first woman Marc ever loved.
(c) She was the first woman he ever loved.
(d) She was his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toulon state will not be part of Gallimard's job requirement?
2. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
3. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
4. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
5. What is the job that Gallimard is promoted to?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)