|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toulon believe about Gallimard?
(a) He will change the world.
(b) He is a passionate man.
(c) He is tidy and efficient.
(d) He is too quiet.
2. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted to kill her.
(b) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
(c) He wanted her to be sad.
(d) He wanted to take her in his arms.
3. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
(a) "I loved the perfect woman."
(b) "I saved a dollar, here I lie."
(c) "I saved a woman, here I lie."
(d) "I loved money."
4. What does Song promise to Gallimard after her outburst?
(a) She will love him forever.
(b) She will serve him tea.
(c) She will fire the servants.
(d) She will not apologize for anything else.
5. What does Gallimard fear when Toulon is talking to him?
(a) He is going to kill him.
(b) He will take Song away from him.
(c) He will be fired.
(d) He cannot be saved by love.
Short Answer Questions
1. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
2. What is Song afraid of as she is entertaining Gallimard in her parlor?
3. What is Song's full name?
4. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
5. What is different about the night that occurs in Scene 10?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)