|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Butterfly use to kill herself in the opera?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) Her sleeves.
(d) A sword.
2. What character does Marc appear as in Act 1, Scene 11?
(a) A servant.
(b) A beuracrat.
(c) A king.
(d) A soldier.
3. How long did it take before Gallimard went to see Song perform at the opera house?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Four days.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Four months.
4. How large is Gallimard's cell?
(a) 4 feet by 5 feet.
(b) 4 1/2 feet by 5 feet.
(c) 3 meters by 5 meters.
(d) 4 1/2 meters by 5 meters.
5. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
(a) They are a people with a rich heritage.
(b) They are a young people.
(c) They are an amazing people.
(d) They are an incredibly arrogant people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scene 13 take place?
2. What is different about the night that occurs in Scene 10?
3. What is Song's full name?
4. How does Toulon say Gallimard has changed?
5. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)