|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song get upset about when she enters the room?
(a) Her servants haven't poured any tea.
(b) Her servants haven't taken his coat.
(c) Her servants are ignoring her.
(d) Gallimard is upset.
2. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
(a) "...a depressing mairage."
(b) "...failure as a child."
(c) "...happiness in high school."
(d) "...finding happiness in love."
3. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
(b) Present day.
4. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
(a) He will love a butterfly and never let it go.
(b) He will force her to leave her family.
(c) He will kill her baby.
(d) He will catch a butterfly, pierce its heart and leave it to perish.
5. What does Song claim she has given to Gallimard?
(a) Her love.
(b) Her shame.
(c) Her life.
(d) Her soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gallimard cease to call on Song?
2. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
3. In Scene 1, in what city is Gallimard residing?
4. From what location is Gallimard narrating his story?
5. What part of Song's letter does Gallimard quote for her?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)