|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the features of Pinkerton's house?
(a) A disco mirror ball.
(b) Shag carpet.
(c) A view of the ocean.
(d) A view of the rice fields.
2. What is Gallimard sick of hearing about the Chinese culture?
(a) That it is new.
(b) That is it small.
(c) That it is submissive.
(d) That it is old.
3. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
(a) She was his first sexual experience.
(b) She was the first woman Marc ever loved.
(c) She was his sister.
(d) She was the first woman he ever loved.
4. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
(a) "...a depressing mairage."
(b) "...finding happiness in love."
(c) "...happiness in high school."
(d) "...failure as a child."
5. What does Marc compare a pool full of naked women to?
(a) A scandal waiting to happen.
(b) A fish pond.
(c) A grab bag.
(d) A barrel of monkeys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gallimard cease to call on Song?
2. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
3. According to Gallimard, why did God create Eve?
4. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
5. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)