|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
2. What does Marc compare a pool full of naked women to?
(a) A scandal waiting to happen.
(b) A fish pond.
(c) A grab bag.
(d) A barrel of monkeys.
3. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
(a) Nancy Kwan.
(b) Rita Moreno.
(c) Anna May Wong.
(d) Lana Turner.
4. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
(a) Cio-Cio-San and Suzuki.
(b) Cio-Cio-San and Sharpless.
(c) Pinkerton and his American wife.
(d) Pinkerton and Cio-Cio-San
5. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 12?
2. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
3. How large is Gallimard's cell?
4. What does Gallimard ask Song?
5. What is Song wearing when Gallimard enters her apartment?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)