|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job that Gallimard is promoted to?
2. What is the setting of Scene 12?
(a) The American embassy.
(b) The streets of Beijing.
(c) Song's flat.
(d) Ambassador Toulon's residence.
3. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
(a) Pinkerton and Cio-Cio-San
(b) Cio-Cio-San and Suzuki.
(c) Pinkerton and his American wife.
(d) Cio-Cio-San and Sharpless.
4. What is Song wearing when Gallimard enters her apartment?
(b) A kimono.
(c) A sheer dressing gown.
(d) A full formal dress.
5. Where does Scene 8 take place?
(a) The President's home.
(b) The Ambassador's home.
(c) The Chinese opera house and the streets of Beijing.
(d) A prison cell and the streets of Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
2. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
3. What was one outstanding feature about Isabelle that Marc remembers?
4. What does Song get upset about when she enters the room?
5. What kind of woman did Gallimard marry?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)