|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
(a) The meek husband and the brave Oriental wife.
(b) The submissive Oriental woman with the cruel white man.
(c) The submissive Oriental woman and the shy white man.
(d) The submissive white women with the cruel Oriental man.
2. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
3. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
(a) She was his sister.
(b) She was the first woman Marc ever loved.
(c) She was the first woman he ever loved.
(d) She was his first sexual experience.
4. In what year does Scene 6 take place?
(c) Present day.
5. What does Gallimard ask Song?
(a) "Why me?"
(b) "Are you the one?"
(c) "Who is Butterfly?"
(d) "Are you my Butterfly?"
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
2. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
3. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
4. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
5. What is Song wearing when Gallimard enters her apartment?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)