|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does Marc appear as in Act 1, Scene 11?
(a) A king.
(b) A beuracrat.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A servant.
2. According to Gallimard, why did God create Eve?
(a) To give life.
(b) To serve God.
(c) For the good of the earth.
(d) To serve Adam.
3. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
(a) Rita Moreno.
(b) Lana Turner.
(c) Nancy Kwan.
(d) Anna May Wong.
4. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
5. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
(a) The submissive Oriental woman and the shy white man.
(b) The meek husband and the brave Oriental wife.
(c) The submissive Oriental woman with the cruel white man.
(d) The submissive white women with the cruel Oriental man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
2. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
3. What is Song wearing when Gallimard enters her apartment?
4. What is Song afraid of as she is entertaining Gallimard in her parlor?
5. How does Toulon say Gallimard has changed?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)