|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
(a) Gallimard himself.
(b) Manuel Toulon.
(d) Comrade Chin.
2. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
(a) They think he is dangerous.
(b) They believe he is not good looking.
(c) They believe he is a handsome man.
(d) They think he is inspiring.
3. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
(a) He is French.
(b) He is wearing a hat.
(c) He is a man.
(d) He is wearing a tie.
4. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
(a) Pinkerton and his American wife.
(b) Pinkerton and Cio-Cio-San
(c) Cio-Cio-San and Suzuki.
(d) Cio-Cio-San and Sharpless.
5. Why did Gallimard cease to call on Song?
(a) He has no interest in her.
(b) To protect her.
(c) To feel the rush of power over a woman.
(d) He was afraid of scandal.
Short Answer Questions
1. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
2. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
3. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
4. Why did Gallimard get scared when Isabelle screamed that she was coming?
5. How old is Gallimard at the point Scene 13 occurs?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)