|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 2?
(a) A party in a chic parlor.
(b) A flat in China.
(c) A courtroom.
(d) The streets of Beijing.
2. Finish the sentence: "...there's no guarantee of failure in life like ________"
(a) "...a depressing mairage."
(b) "...happiness in high school."
(c) "...finding happiness in love."
(d) "...failure as a child."
3. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
(a) "I saved a dollar, here I lie."
(b) "I loved money."
(c) "I saved a woman, here I lie."
(d) "I loved the perfect woman."
4. Where does Scene 8 take place?
(a) The Ambassador's home.
(b) The President's home.
(c) A prison cell and the streets of Paris.
(d) The Chinese opera house and the streets of Beijing.
5. Why did Isabelle have sex with Gallimard?
(a) She was in love with him.
(b) She wanted revenge on Marc for rejecting her.
(c) Marc arranged it.
(d) She was lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Helga go on the night Gallimard went to the opera house?
2. What does Toulon state will not be part of Gallimard's job requirement?
3. From what location is Gallimard narrating his story?
4. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
5. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)