|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
(a) They are an incredibly arrogant people.
(b) They are a young people.
(c) They are a people with a rich heritage.
(d) They are an amazing people.
2. In Scene 1, in what city is Gallimard residing?
(a) Shanghai, China.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Beijing, China.
(d) Versailles, France.
3. How large is Gallimard's cell?
(a) 4 1/2 feet by 5 feet.
(b) 4 feet by 5 feet.
(c) 3 meters by 5 meters.
(d) 4 1/2 meters by 5 meters.
4. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
(a) She was the first woman he ever loved.
(b) She was his sister.
(c) She was his first sexual experience.
(d) She was the first woman Marc ever loved.
5. What part of Song's letter does Gallimard quote for her?
(a) "I have already given you my heart."
(b) "I have already give you my soul."
(c) "I have already given you my shame."
(d) "I have already given you my life."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Madame Butterfly, how old is Butterfly?
2. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
3. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
4. What does Song say about the soul of China?
5. In what year does Scene 6 take place?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)