|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
(a) "Least likely to succeed."
(b) "Least popular."
(c) "Least likely to kiss a girl."
(d) "Least likely to be invited to a party."
2. What is the setting of Scene 2?
(a) A courtroom.
(b) A flat in China.
(c) The streets of Beijing.
(d) A party in a chic parlor.
3. How does Toulon say Gallimard has changed?
(a) He has become withdrawn.
(b) He has become more physically fit.
(c) He has become confident.
(d) He gets on his nerves,
4. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
(a) He is wearing a hat.
(b) He is a man.
(c) He is French.
(d) He is wearing a tie.
5. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
(a) She said she would tell his wife.
(b) She was very hateful.
(c) She called him "friend."
(d) She said she missed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Song afraid of as she is entertaining Gallimard in her parlor?
2. What does Gallimard believe about God?
3. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
4. What does Toulon believe about Gallimard?
5. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)