|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Gallimard, how does Manuel Toulon think of himself?
(a) As God.
(b) As a proud boss.
(c) As a servant of the people.
(d) As a mother hen.
2. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
(a) Cio-Cio-San and Sharpless.
(b) Pinkerton and his American wife.
(c) Pinkerton and Cio-Cio-San
(d) Cio-Cio-San and Suzuki.
3. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
4. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
(a) "The Whole World Over."
(b) "The Lass that Loved a Sailor."
(c) "The Marriage Duet."
(d) "The Love Duet."
5. From what location is Gallimard narrating his story?
(a) A prison cell in Paris.
(b) His flat in Beijing.
(c) A courtroom in Paris.
(d) His flat in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gallimard sick of hearing about the Chinese culture?
2. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
3. What does Butterfly use to kill herself in the opera?
4. What character does Marc appear as in Act 1, Scene 11?
5. What is the setting of Scene 2?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)