|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large is Gallimard's cell?
(a) 3 meters by 5 meters.
(b) 4 1/2 feet by 5 feet.
(c) 4 feet by 5 feet.
(d) 4 1/2 meters by 5 meters.
2. Where does Scene 13 take place?
(a) Gallimard's home.
(b) The German embassy.
(c) Song's apartment.
(d) The French embassy.
3. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
(a) 200 dollars.
(b) 100 yen
(c) 200 yen.
(d) 100 dollars.
4. Where does Scene 8 take place?
(a) A prison cell and the streets of Paris.
(b) The Chinese opera house and the streets of Beijing.
(c) The President's home.
(d) The Ambassador's home.
5. Why did Gallimard cease to call on Song?
(a) To protect her.
(b) He was afraid of scandal.
(c) He has no interest in her.
(d) To feel the rush of power over a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
2. What does Song call Gallimard?
3. Who is in the framed picture that Gallimard picks up?
4. According to Gallimard, why did God create Eve?
5. What does Song say she has never done before?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)