|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
(a) Street smarts.
2. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
3. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
4. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Huge women in bad makeup.
(b) Huge men in bad makeup.
(c) Small men in drag.
(d) Huge women in viking helmets.
5. According to Gallimard, how does Manuel Toulon think of himself?
(a) As a mother hen.
(b) As a proud boss.
(c) As God.
(d) As a servant of the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
2. At what time does Song call Gallimard?
3. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
4. What character does Marc appear as in Act 1, Scene 11?
5. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)