|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large is Gallimard's cell?
(a) 3 meters by 5 meters.
(b) 4 1/2 meters by 5 meters.
(c) 4 feet by 5 feet.
(d) 4 1/2 feet by 5 feet.
2. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
(a) A celebrity.
(b) An old man.
(c) A perfect man.
(d) A failure.
3. What does Song hate about her audience?
(a) Their smell.
(b) Their teeth.
(c) Their social bearing.
(d) Their age.
4. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
(a) The submissive white women with the cruel Oriental man.
(b) The meek husband and the brave Oriental wife.
(c) The submissive Oriental woman with the cruel white man.
(d) The submissive Oriental woman and the shy white man.
5. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
(a) Cio-Cio-San and Sharpless.
(b) Cio-Cio-San and Suzuki.
(c) Pinkerton and Cio-Cio-San
(d) Pinkerton and his American wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
2. How many women has Marc slept with since he got married?
3. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
4. What does Butterfly use to kill herself in the opera?
5. Where did Helga go on the night Gallimard went to the opera house?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)