|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
(a) "No dogs or cats."
(b) "No women allowed."
(c) "No dogs and Chinamen."
(d) "Whites only."
2. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
3. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
(a) An old man.
(b) A perfect man.
(c) A failure.
(d) A celebrity.
4. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
(a) Comrade Chin.
5. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
(a) "Least likely to succeed."
(b) "Least likely to kiss a girl."
(c) "Least popular."
(d) "Least likely to be invited to a party."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
2. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
3. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
4. In what year does Scene 6 take place?
5. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)