|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Scene 6 take place?
(c) Present day.
2. What it the setting of Scene 6?
(a) His flat in Paris.
(b) The Australian ambassador's house.
(c) His flat in Beijing.
(d) The German ambassador's house.
3. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
(b) He wanted to take her in his arms.
(c) He wanted her to be sad.
(d) He wanted to kill her.
4. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
(a) Pinkerton and his American wife.
(b) Cio-Cio-San and Suzuki.
(c) Pinkerton and Cio-Cio-San
(d) Cio-Cio-San and Sharpless.
5. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
(a) They believe he is a handsome man.
(b) They think he is dangerous.
(c) They believe he is not good looking.
(d) They think he is inspiring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many women has Marc slept with since he got married?
2. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
3. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
4. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
5. What is the setting of Scene 2?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)