|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
(b) Comrade Chin.
(c) Gallimard himself.
(d) Manuel Toulon.
2. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
(a) "The Lass that Loved a Sailor."
(b) "The Love Duet."
(c) "The Marriage Duet."
(d) "The Whole World Over."
3. From what location is Gallimard narrating his story?
(a) His flat in Beijing.
(b) His flat in Paris.
(c) A courtroom in Paris.
(d) A prison cell in Paris.
4. What did Helga want to know about Song's performance Gallimard had seen that night?
(a) She wanted to know if Song had a nice costume.
(b) She wanted to know if Song sang well.
(c) She wanted to know if Gallimard had liked it.
(d) She wanted to know if Song was pretty.
5. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Huge women in bad makeup.
(b) Small men in drag.
(c) Huge men in bad makeup.
(d) Huge women in viking helmets.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
2. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
3. What is the setting of Scene 2?
4. By what other name does Pinkerton's wife go?
5. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)