|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
(a) William Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan.
(b) Richard Wagner.
(c) Giuseppe Verdi.
(d) Giacomo Puccini.
2. What is Song's full name?
(a) Song Suzuki.
(b) Song Liling.
(c) Song Gallimard.
(d) Song Long.
3. Where did Helga go on the night Gallimard went to the opera house?
(a) The American embassy..
(b) A martial arts demonstration.
(c) An ambassador's party.
(d) The Opera House.
4. From what location is Gallimard narrating his story?
(a) His flat in Paris.
(b) His flat in Beijing.
(c) A prison cell in Paris.
(d) A courtroom in Paris.
5. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
(a) Manuel Toulon.
(b) Gallimard himself.
(c) Comrade Chin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take before Gallimard went to see Song perform at the opera house?
2. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
3. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
4. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
5. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)