|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does Song call Gallimard?
(a) 2:00 AM
(b) 4:00 PM
(c) 4:30 PM.
(d) 5:30 AM
2. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
(a) "Least popular."
(b) "Least likely to succeed."
(c) "Least likely to be invited to a party."
(d) "Least likely to kiss a girl."
3. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
(a) She thinks it is beautiful.
(b) She thinks it is the perfect opera.
(c) She thinks it is ridiculous.
(d) She thinks it is boring.
4. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
(a) Cio-Cio-San and Sharpless.
(b) Pinkerton and his American wife.
(c) Cio-Cio-San and Suzuki.
(d) Pinkerton and Cio-Cio-San
5. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
(a) The sweetest woman.
(b) The most beautiful woman.
(c) The perfect woman.
(d) The perfect man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
2. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
3. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
4. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
5. In Madame Butterfly, how old is Butterfly?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)