|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of woman did Gallimard marry?
(a) A quiet woman.
(b) A sweet woman.
(c) An older woman.
(d) An heiress.
2. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
(a) He is a man.
(b) He is wearing a tie.
(c) He is wearing a hat.
(d) He is French.
3. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
(a) Manuel Toulon.
(c) Comrade Chin.
(d) Gallimard himself.
4. What is Gallimard sick of hearing about the Chinese culture?
(a) That it is new.
(b) That it is old.
(c) That it is submissive.
(d) That is it small.
5. What does Butterfly use to kill herself in the opera?
(a) Her sleeves.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
2. What did Helga want to know about Song's performance Gallimard had seen that night?
3. Who appears in Gallimard's dream in Scene 9?
4. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
5. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)