|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
(b) He wanted to take her in his arms.
(c) He wanted to kill her.
(d) He wanted her to be sad.
2. What it the setting of Scene 6?
(a) His flat in Paris.
(b) The German ambassador's house.
(c) The Australian ambassador's house.
(d) His flat in Beijing.
3. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
(a) A perfect man.
(b) A celebrity.
(c) An old man.
(d) A failure.
4. What did Helga want to know about Song's performance Gallimard had seen that night?
(a) She wanted to know if Song sang well.
(b) She wanted to know if Song was pretty.
(c) She wanted to know if Gallimard had liked it.
(d) She wanted to know if Song had a nice costume.
5. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
(c) Comrade Chin.
Short Answer Questions
1. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
2. What does Gallimard say about Song's performance?
3. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
4. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
5. Where does Scene 8 take place?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)