|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large is Gallimard's cell?
(a) 4 1/2 meters by 5 meters.
(b) 4 feet by 5 feet.
(c) 4 1/2 feet by 5 feet.
(d) 3 meters by 5 meters.
2. What it the setting of Scene 6?
(a) The Australian ambassador's house.
(b) The German ambassador's house.
(c) His flat in Beijing.
(d) His flat in Paris.
3. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
(d) Comrade Chin.
4. What does Marc compare a pool full of naked women to?
(a) A barrel of monkeys.
(b) A fish pond.
(c) A grab bag.
(d) A scandal waiting to happen.
5. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
(a) "No dogs or cats."
(b) "Whites only."
(c) "No women allowed."
(d) "No dogs and Chinamen."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
2. How long did it take before Gallimard went to see Song perform at the opera house?
3. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
4. In Madame Butterfly, how old is Butterfly?
5. What is Song's full name?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)