|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women has Marc slept with since he got married?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) Four hundred.
2. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
(a) A failure.
(b) An old man.
(c) A celebrity.
(d) A perfect man.
3. Who are the two main characters of the opera, Madame Butterfly?
(a) Pinkerton and his American wife.
(b) Pinkerton and Cio-Cio-San
(c) Cio-Cio-San and Suzuki.
(d) Cio-Cio-San and Sharpless.
4. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
(a) 200 yen.
(b) 100 yen
(c) 200 dollars.
(d) 100 dollars.
5. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
(a) The perfect woman.
(b) The perfect man.
(c) The most beautiful woman.
(d) The sweetest woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
2. What kind of woman did Gallimard marry?
3. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
4. What is Song's full name?
5. What is the setting of Scene 2?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)