|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted her to be sad.
(b) He wanted to take her in his arms.
(c) He wanted to kill her.
(d) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
2. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
(a) The submissive Oriental woman with the cruel white man.
(b) The submissive Oriental woman and the shy white man.
(c) The meek husband and the brave Oriental wife.
(d) The submissive white women with the cruel Oriental man.
3. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
(c) Street smarts.
4. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
5. In Scene 1, in what city is Gallimard residing?
(a) Beijing, China.
(b) Shanghai, China.
(c) Versailles, France.
(d) Paris, France.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
2. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
3. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
4. Where does Scene 8 take place?
5. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)