|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
(a) He is French.
(b) He is a man.
(c) He is wearing a tie.
(d) He is wearing a hat.
2. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
(a) 100 yen
(b) 200 dollars.
(c) 100 dollars.
(d) 200 yen.
3. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
4. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
(a) Giuseppe Verdi.
(b) Giacomo Puccini.
(c) Richard Wagner.
(d) William Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan.
5. In Madame Butterfly, how old is Butterfly?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
2. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
3. Where did Helga go on the night Gallimard went to the opera house?
4. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
5. From what location is Gallimard narrating his story?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)