|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Small men in drag.
(b) Huge women in viking helmets.
(c) Huge men in bad makeup.
(d) Huge women in bad makeup.
2. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
(a) "I loved the perfect woman."
(b) "I saved a woman, here I lie."
(c) "I saved a dollar, here I lie."
(d) "I loved money."
3. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
(a) "No women allowed."
(b) "No dogs or cats."
(c) "Whites only."
(d) "No dogs and Chinamen."
4. How long did it take before Gallimard went to see Song perform at the opera house?
(a) Four months.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Four days.
(d) Five weeks.
5. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
(d) Comrade Chin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
2. Where does Scene 8 take place?
3. In Scene 1, in what city is Gallimard residing?
4. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
5. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)