|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
(a) The sweetest woman.
(b) The most beautiful woman.
(c) The perfect man.
(d) The perfect woman.
2. Where does Scene 8 take place?
(a) The President's home.
(b) The Chinese opera house and the streets of Beijing.
(c) The Ambassador's home.
(d) A prison cell and the streets of Paris.
3. How long did it take before Gallimard went to see Song perform at the opera house?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Four days.
(c) Four months.
(d) Four weeks.
4. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted her to be sad.
(b) He wanted to kill her.
(c) He wanted to take her in his arms.
(d) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
5. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
(c) Street smarts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Scene 6 take place?
2. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
3. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
4. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
5. In Scene 1, in what city is Gallimard residing?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)