|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
(a) Manuel Toulon.
(b) Gallimard himself.
(c) Comrade Chin.
2. What does Song hate about her audience?
(a) Their teeth.
(b) Their smell.
(c) Their social bearing.
(d) Their age.
3. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
4. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
(a) "Least likely to be invited to a party."
(b) "Least likely to succeed."
(c) "Least likely to kiss a girl."
(d) "Least popular."
5. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
2. What it the setting of Scene 6?
3. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
4. At what time does Song call Gallimard?
5. Who appears in Gallimard's dream in Scene 9?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)