|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
(a) "I saved a woman, here I lie."
(b) "I saved a dollar, here I lie."
(c) "I loved money."
(d) "I loved the perfect woman."
2. What is Song's full name?
(a) Song Gallimard.
(b) Song Liling.
(c) Song Suzuki.
(d) Song Long.
3. What does Gallimard say about Song's performance?
(a) It is the first time he understands her death.
(b) It is the first time he sees the truth of the story.
(c) It is the first time he is angry at Pinkerton.
(d) It is the first time he sees the beauty of the story.
4. In Madame Butterfly, how old is Butterfly?
5. What does Butterfly use to kill herself in the opera?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) Her sleeves.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
2. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
3. What does Marc compare a pool full of naked women to?
4. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
5. By what other name does Pinkerton's wife go?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)