|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
2. At what time does Song call Gallimard?
(a) 4:00 PM
(b) 2:00 AM
(c) 4:30 PM.
(d) 5:30 AM
3. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Huge men in bad makeup.
(b) Huge women in bad makeup.
(c) Small men in drag.
(d) Huge women in viking helmets.
4. What kind of woman did Gallimard marry?
(a) An older woman.
(b) An heiress.
(c) A quiet woman.
(d) A sweet woman.
5. What did Helga want to know about Song's performance Gallimard had seen that night?
(a) She wanted to know if Gallimard had liked it.
(b) She wanted to know if Song was pretty.
(c) She wanted to know if Song had a nice costume.
(d) She wanted to know if Song sang well.
Short Answer Questions
1. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
2. What is the famous duet that Pinkerton and Sharpless sing together?
3. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
4. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
5. How large is Gallimard's cell?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)