|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
(a) The submissive white women with the cruel Oriental man.
(b) The submissive Oriental woman and the shy white man.
(c) The meek husband and the brave Oriental wife.
(d) The submissive Oriental woman with the cruel white man.
2. How long did it take before Gallimard went to see Song perform at the opera house?
(a) Four days.
(b) Four months.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
3. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
(a) "Least likely to be invited to a party."
(b) "Least likely to kiss a girl."
(c) "Least popular."
(d) "Least likely to succeed."
4. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
(a) Present day.
5. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
(a) Comrade Chin.
(c) Manuel Toulon.
(d) Gallimard himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears in Gallimard's dream in Scene 9?
2. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
3. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
4. How many women has Marc slept with since he got married?
5. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)