|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
2. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
(b) He wanted to kill her.
(c) He wanted to take her in his arms.
(d) He wanted her to be sad.
3. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
(a) 200 dollars.
(b) 100 dollars.
(c) 100 yen
(d) 200 yen.
4. What does Butterfly use to kill herself in the opera?
(a) Her sleeves.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A sword.
5. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
(a) The sweetest woman.
(b) The perfect woman.
(c) The most beautiful woman.
(d) The perfect man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song hate about her audience?
2. In Gallimard's fantasy, who plays Pinkerton?
3. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
4. In Madame Butterfly, how old is Butterfly?
5. What is Song's full name?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)