|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
(a) Richard Wagner.
(b) Giacomo Puccini.
(c) Giuseppe Verdi.
(d) William Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan.
2. What does Gallimard say about Song's performance?
(a) It is the first time he understands her death.
(b) It is the first time he sees the beauty of the story.
(c) It is the first time he is angry at Pinkerton.
(d) It is the first time he sees the truth of the story.
3. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
(a) 200 dollars.
(b) 100 yen
(c) 200 yen.
(d) 100 dollars.
4. What it the setting of Scene 6?
(a) His flat in Beijing.
(b) The German ambassador's house.
(c) The Australian ambassador's house.
(d) His flat in Paris.
5. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
(a) The perfect man.
(b) The perfect woman.
(c) The sweetest woman.
(d) The most beautiful woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many women has Marc slept with since he got married?
2. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
3. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
4. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
5. What did Helga want to know about Song's performance Gallimard had seen that night?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)