|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
(a) They believe he is a handsome man.
(b) They think he is inspiring.
(c) They believe he is not good looking.
(d) They think he is dangerous.
2. What does Gallimard say about Song's performance?
(a) It is the first time he sees the truth of the story.
(b) It is the first time he is angry at Pinkerton.
(c) It is the first time he sees the beauty of the story.
(d) It is the first time he understands her death.
3. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
4. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
(a) He is wearing a tie.
(b) He is a man.
(c) He is French.
(d) He is wearing a hat.
5. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does Song call Gallimard?
2. How many women has Marc slept with since he got married?
3. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
4. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
5. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)