|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what location is Gallimard narrating his story?
(a) A courtroom in Paris.
(b) A prison cell in Paris.
(c) His flat in Beijing.
(d) His flat in Paris.
2. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
(c) Present day.
3. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
(a) They are a people with a rich heritage.
(b) They are a young people.
(c) They are an amazing people.
(d) They are an incredibly arrogant people.
4. What does Song hate about her audience?
(a) Their smell.
(b) Their social bearing.
(c) Their teeth.
(d) Their age.
5. What is Gallimard sick of hearing about the Chinese culture?
(a) That it is old.
(b) That it is submissive.
(c) That it is new.
(d) That is it small.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of woman did Gallimard marry?
2. Where does Scene 8 take place?
3. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
4. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
5. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)