Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What didn't Gallimard like about Song's second letter?
(a) She was very hateful.
(b) She said she would tell his wife.
(c) She said she missed him.
(d) She called him "friend."
2. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
(a) Street smarts.
3. What event is going on in Scene 12?
(a) A meeting.
(b) A crowning.
(c) An opera performance.
(d) A reception.
4. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
(a) "Death in life is worse than death. Death is life."
(b) "Death without honor is worse in life. Life is dishonor."
(c) "Life is no worse than death. This life is dishonor."
(d) "Death with honor is better than life. Life with dishonor."
5. What it the setting of Scene 6?
(a) The German ambassador's house.
(b) His flat in Paris.
(c) His flat in Beijing.
(d) The Australian ambassador's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Gallimard at the point Scene 13 occurs?
2. What does Gallimard ask Song?
3. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
4. What does Song claim she has given to Gallimard?
5. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)