|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in the framed picture that Gallimard picks up?
(a) Song's son.
(c) Song's father
(d) Song's grandfather.
2. Where does Scene 8 take place?
(a) The Chinese opera house and the streets of Beijing.
(b) The Ambassador's home.
(c) The President's home.
(d) A prison cell and the streets of Paris.
3. Where does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Helga's apartment.
(b) A prison cell.
(c) Gallimard and Butterfly's flat.
(d) The streets of Paris.
4. What does Song say is one of a Westerner's favorite fantasies?
(a) The meek husband and the brave Oriental wife.
(b) The submissive Oriental woman with the cruel white man.
(c) The submissive Oriental woman and the shy white man.
(d) The submissive white women with the cruel Oriental man.
5. At what time does Song call Gallimard?
(a) 4:00 PM
(b) 5:30 AM
(c) 2:00 AM
(d) 4:30 PM.
Short Answer Questions
1. In grammar school, what title was Gallimard given?
2. What did Gallimard believe Song was doing before they part ways at the end of Scene 8?
3. Why did Isabelle have sex with Gallimard?
4. What does Gallimard claim about the Chinese?
5. What is the job that Gallimard is promoted to?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)