|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toulon feel about Gallimard's infidelity?
(a) He is disgusted.
(b) He approves.
(c) He finds it hilarious.
(d) He denies it is happening.
2. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
(a) Nancy Kwan.
(b) Lana Turner.
(c) Rita Moreno.
(d) Anna May Wong.
3. What does Gallimard claim about the Chinese?
(a) They love the white people.
(b) They do not like Ho Chi Minh.
(c) They love the American president.
(d) They want to be protected by the Vietnamese.
4. What does Toulon state will not be part of Gallimard's job requirement?
(c) Good judgment.
5. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
(a) 100 dollars.
(b) 200 dollars.
(c) 100 yen
(d) 200 yen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gallimard sick of hearing about the Chinese culture?
2. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
3. Why did Gallimard get scared when Isabelle screamed that she was coming?
4. What does Song say is different about Gallimard that made him stand out in her audience?
5. What event is going on in Scene 12?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)