|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scene 8 take place?
(a) A prison cell and the streets of Paris.
(b) The Chinese opera house and the streets of Beijing.
(c) The President's home.
(d) The Ambassador's home.
2. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
(a) He will force her to leave her family.
(b) He will love a butterfly and never let it go.
(c) He will kill her baby.
(d) He will catch a butterfly, pierce its heart and leave it to perish.
3. What is an important fact that Toulon wants Gallimard to know about their jobs at the embassy?
(a) Things will continue as normal.
(b) They will push for more power.
(c) The nature of their work is changing.
(d) They will watch for spies.
4. What does Gallimard ask Song?
(a) "Are you my Butterfly?"
(b) "Are you the one?"
(c) "Who is Butterfly?"
(d) "Why me?"
5. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
(a) They believe he is a handsome man.
(b) They believe he is not good looking.
(c) They think he is dangerous.
(d) They think he is inspiring.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
2. What does Song get upset about when she enters the room?
3. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
4. What is Song afraid of as she is entertaining Gallimard in her parlor?
5. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)