|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Gallimard and Butterfly's flat.
(b) Helga's apartment.
(c) The streets of Paris.
(d) A prison cell.
2. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
3. According to Gallimard, who do the Orientals want to be associated with?
(b) China and only China.
(c) Ho Chi Minh.
(d) Whoever shows the most strength and power.
4. How does Gallimard describe his meetings with Song after her weekly performances?
(d) Full of pleasure.
5. According to Gallimard, how does Manuel Toulon think of himself?
(a) As a mother hen.
(b) As a proud boss.
(c) As a servant of the people.
(d) As God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Song's response when Chin wants to know how Song retains all the information?
2. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
3. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
4. What character does Marc appear as in Act 1, Scene 11?
5. What song from Madame Butterfly underscores the scene in which Gallimard is reading Song's letters?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)