|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scene 11 take place?
(a) The Austrian embassy
(b) The French embassy.
(c) The German embassy.
(d) The American embassy.
2. What does Song say about the soul of China?
(a) It is rooted two thousand years in the past.
(b) It is a forward-thinking society.
(c) It is much older than the soul of France.
(d) It is unwilling to learn from its mistakes..
3. Who is in the framed picture that Gallimard picks up?
(a) Song's son.
(b) Song's grandfather.
(c) Song's father
4. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
5. How much does Pinkerton pay for Butterfly?
(a) 100 dollars.
(b) 100 yen
(c) 200 yen.
(d) 200 dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chin want to make sure that Song remembers?
2. What do the three people in Scene 2 think of Gallimard?
3. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
4. How long did it take before Gallimard went to see Song perform at the opera house?
5. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)