|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chin enters, what does Gallimard beg of the audience?
(a) To love Song despite her betrayal.
(b) To try to see it from his point of view,
(c) To side with whoever they see fit.
(d) To judge Song for what she is doing.
2. What does Song call Gallimard?
(a) An idiot.
(b) A cad.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A wimp.
3. What does Chin want to make sure that Song remembers?
(a) There is no homosexuality in China.
(b) Women have no respect in China.
(c) Her acts are for the greater good.
(d) Women are stupid.
4. What is an important fact that Toulon wants Gallimard to know about their jobs at the embassy?
(a) They will watch for spies.
(b) Things will continue as normal.
(c) The nature of their work is changing.
(d) They will push for more power.
5. Where does Scene 11 take place?
(a) The Austrian embassy
(b) The French embassy.
(c) The German embassy.
(d) The American embassy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpless say will be engraved on Pinkerton's tombstone?
2. What did Gallimard replace with practicality?
3. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
4. What does Song hate about her audience?
5. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)