|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
(a) She was the first woman Marc ever loved.
(b) She was his sister.
(c) She was his first sexual experience.
(d) She was the first woman he ever loved.
2. Who is the American consul character in Madame Butterfly?
3. What does Gallimard say his job affects?
(a) A small slice of China.
(b) A bit of the earth.
(c) A large part of the universe.
(d) A small corner of the world.
4. What did Helga want to know about Song's performance Gallimard had seen that night?
(a) She wanted to know if Song had a nice costume.
(b) She wanted to know if Song sang well.
(c) She wanted to know if Song was pretty.
(d) She wanted to know if Gallimard had liked it.
5. What is one of the features of Pinkerton's house?
(a) A view of the ocean.
(b) Shag carpet.
(c) A view of the rice fields.
(d) A disco mirror ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gallimard say about Song's performance?
2. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
3. In what year does Scene 6 take place?
4. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
5. What does Toulon state will not be part of Gallimard's job requirement?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)