|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gallimard describe his meetings with Song after her weekly performances?
(c) Full of pleasure.
2. What event is going on in Scene 12?
(a) An opera performance.
(b) A reception.
(c) A crowning.
(d) A meeting.
3. What does Gallimard consider himself to be?
(a) A failure.
(b) A celebrity.
(c) An old man.
(d) A perfect man.
4. By whom does Gallimard believe he has been loved?
(a) The most beautiful woman.
(b) The perfect woman.
(c) The perfect man.
(d) The sweetest woman.
5. What was Gallimard's instinct when he saw Song perform Madame Butterfly?
(a) He wanted to take her in his arms.
(b) He wanted her to be sad.
(c) He wanted to kill Pinkerton.
(d) He wanted to kill her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
2. What does Song claim she has given to Gallimard?
3. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
4. What does Marc compare a pool full of naked women to?
5. In Madame Butterfly, what are the last words Butterfly sings before she kills herself?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)