|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chin want Song to find out?
(a) When America is planning on bombing Vietnam.
(b) When they will assassinate the President.
(c) If America plans on moving into China.
(d) When they will assassinate Chairman Mao.
2. Who is in the framed picture that Gallimard picks up?
(b) Song's father
(c) Song's son.
(d) Song's grandfather.
3. In the first scene of the play, how old is Gallimard?
4. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
(a) They are an amazing people.
(b) They are a people with a rich heritage.
(c) They are a young people.
(d) They are an incredibly arrogant people.
5. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
(a) She thinks it is the perfect opera.
(b) She thinks it is beautiful.
(c) She thinks it is boring.
(d) She thinks it is ridiculous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
2. What is the setting of Scene 2?
3. How does Gallimard describe his meetings with Song after her weekly performances?
4. What did Helga want to know about Song's performance Gallimard had seen that night?
5. What does Song say about the soul of China?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)