|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Song call Gallimard?
(a) A wimp.
(b) An idiot.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A cad.
2. What does Toulon state will not be part of Gallimard's job requirement?
(b) Good judgment.
3. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
(a) She thinks it is boring.
(b) She thinks it is ridiculous.
(c) She thinks it is beautiful.
(d) She thinks it is the perfect opera.
4. What secret can't Toulon keep from Gallimard?
(a) He has heard that Gallimard has a native mistress.
(b) He has heard Gallimard is leaving his wife.
(c) He wants to fire Gallimard.
(d) He knows Song's work.
5. During the Revolution, what signs would hang in the windows of the clubs in Shanghai?
(a) "No women allowed."
(b) "Whites only."
(c) "No dogs or cats."
(d) "No dogs and Chinamen."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chin want Song to find out?
2. What does Gallimard believe about God?
3. What does Song promise to Gallimard after her outburst?
4. What does Song tell Gallimard she feels about his presence?
5. What does Song claim she has given to Gallimard?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)