|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Gallimard get scared when Isabelle screamed that she was coming?
(a) He didn't want it to end.
(b) He was embarrassed to be seen with her.
(c) He didn't like loud noises.
(d) He thought she meant someone was actually coming.
2. What song from Madame Butterfly underscores the scene in which Gallimard is reading Song's letters?
(a) "Butterfly's Death."
(b) "Love Duet"
(c) "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major General."
(d) "The Whole World Over."
3. What does Chin want Song to find out?
(a) When America is planning on bombing Vietnam.
(b) When they will assassinate Chairman Mao.
(c) When they will assassinate the President.
(d) If America plans on moving into China.
4. In the stage directions, who does David Henry Hwang compare Song to in appearance?
(a) Lana Turner.
(b) Nancy Kwan.
(c) Anna May Wong.
(d) Rita Moreno.
5. What is Gallimard thinking when he is having sex with Isabelle?
(a) "God. So this is it?"
(b) "God. This is wonderful!"
(c) "I wonder who she is..."
(d) "Help me!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one outstanding feature about Isabelle that Marc remembers?
2. In Act 1, Scene 7, when Gallimard is speaking to Helga, what does he say about the Chinese?
3. How was the woman Isabelle important in Gallimard's life?
4. What does Song think of the story of Madame Butterfly?
5. In what year does Scene 4 take place?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)