|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Gallimard, who do the Orientals want to be associated with?
(a) Ho Chi Minh.
(b) Whoever shows the most strength and power.
(d) China and only China.
2. According to Gallimard, how does Manuel Toulon think of himself?
(a) As a servant of the people.
(b) As a mother hen.
(c) As a proud boss.
(d) As God.
3. What does Gallimard fear when Toulon is talking to him?
(a) He will take Song away from him.
(b) He will be fired.
(c) He cannot be saved by love.
(d) He is going to kill him.
4. What song from Madame Butterfly underscores the scene in which Gallimard is reading Song's letters?
(a) "Love Duet"
(b) "The Whole World Over."
(c) "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major General."
(d) "Butterfly's Death."
5. In Scene 1, in what city is Gallimard residing?
(a) Shanghai, China.
(b) Versailles, France.
(c) Beijing, China.
(d) Paris, France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret can't Toulon keep from Gallimard?
2. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
3. What is an important fact that Toulon wants Gallimard to know about their jobs at the embassy?
4. According to Gallimard, who wrote Madame Butterfly?
5. What did Helga want to know about Song's performance Gallimard had seen that night?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)