|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Huge women in viking helmets.
(b) Small men in drag.
(c) Huge men in bad makeup.
(d) Huge women in bad makeup.
2. What does Song get upset about when she enters the room?
(a) Her servants haven't taken his coat.
(b) Her servants haven't poured any tea.
(c) Gallimard is upset.
(d) Her servants are ignoring her.
3. What does Song call Gallimard?
(a) A cad.
(b) A tiger.
(c) An idiot.
(d) A wimp.
4. What does Song say about the soul of China?
(a) It is unwilling to learn from its mistakes..
(b) It is much older than the soul of France.
(c) It is rooted two thousand years in the past.
(d) It is a forward-thinking society.
5. According to Gallimard, who do the Orientals want to be associated with?
(a) Ho Chi Minh.
(b) China and only China.
(d) Whoever shows the most strength and power.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Madame Butterfly, what is it that Butterfly fears from the Western man?
2. Where does Scene 11 take place?
3. How does Toulon feel about Gallimard's infidelity?
4. What does Song hate about her audience?
5. What does Song say is undervalued in the West?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)