|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scene 13 take place?
(a) Song's apartment.
(b) The French embassy.
(c) The German embassy.
(d) Gallimard's home.
2. How does Gallimard describe his meetings with Song after her weekly performances?
(b) Full of pleasure.
3. According to the commentary that Gallimard reads in Act 2, Scene 1, what does every man want to do to Pinkerton when they watch Madame Butterfly?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Shake his hand.
(c) Kick him.
(d) Hug him.
4. Who is Gallimard used to seeing play the lead in Madame Butterfly?
(a) Huge men in bad makeup.
(b) Huge women in viking helmets.
(c) Huge women in bad makeup.
(d) Small men in drag.
5. What is Song's full name?
(a) Song Liling.
(b) Song Gallimard.
(c) Song Long.
(d) Song Suzuki.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chin enters, what does Gallimard beg of the audience?
2. How old is Gallimard at the point Scene 13 occurs?
3. What is one of the features of Pinkerton's house?
4. What is Song wearing when Gallimard enters her apartment?
5. Who plays the character of Suzuki in Gallimard's dream?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)