Act 1, Scenes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
* Gallimard appears in a cell and begins to narrate the story that brought him to his imprisonment and "celebrity" status.
* Gallimard begins to reenact the story of Puccini's Madame Butterfly, illustrated by characters from his life.
* Gallimard has a flashback of a moment he had with his school friend, Marc, who is his exact opposite.
* Gallimard fantasizes about a pin-up girl undressing for him.
* Gallimard continues to illustrate the important plot points of Madame Butterfly.
Act 1, Scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9
* Song reenacts the death scene of Madame Butterfly at a German ambassador's house, after which she meets Gallimard for the first time.
* Helga and Gallimard speak of their opinions of living in the East.
* Gallimard visits the Chinese opera house where Song performs; she begins to flirt with him.
* Gallimard has a dream in which his school friend Marc congratulates him on finding Song.
* Song wakes Gallimard...
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)