|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motivates Elizabeth to work next to Michael on Donald's farm?
(a) She is scheming with Michael to revenge Farfrae.
(b) Michael is sick so she helps him work.
(c) She wants to keep a watchful eye on Michael.
(d) It gives her better access to spy on Lucetta and Farfrae.
2. Who meets Farfrae, but unsuccessfully brings him home to Lucetta?
(a) The doctor.
(d) One of Farfrae's employees.
3. What makes Elizabeth wary of Henchard's hatred toward Farfrae?
(a) Elizabeth is afraid he hurts Lucetta to revenge Farfrae.
(b) She is dubious of Michael's courage to revenge Farfrae.
(c) Elizabeth would rather have Henchard focus his hate on Lucetta.
(d) She believes he does something dangerous to Farfrae.
4. Who does Michael turn to when he goes bankrupt?
(c) Councilman Tubb.
5. What is Michael's solution to the upcoming disclosure of his lie to Newson?
(a) Michael intercepts Newson and threatens him.
(b) Henchard writes a note defending his stance to Elizabeth.
(c) Michael coerces Elizabeth to stay with him instead.
(d) Henchard decides to leave Casterbridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the townsfolk, who approves Elizabeth's and Donald's courtship?
2. How does Michael prepare for his fight with Donald?
3. What drunken act does Michael do at the Three Mariners?
4. What is Farfrae's reaction when Elizabeth warns him of Henchard's hatred?
5. What is the motive behind the "skimmity ride"?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)