Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henchard's will request?
(a) To be buried in the ring.
(b) That Farfrae forgives him.
(c) To be cremated and spread in Casterbridge.
(d) That no one honour him nor remember him.
2. How does Henchard show that he now thinks of Elizabeth above himself?
(a) Henchard requests Donald to court her.
(b) He makes her breakfast every morning.
(c) He gives Elizabeth a foodbasket he feels he does not deserve.
(d) He accepts the offer of a seed store to give to her.
3. Who nurses Henchard on his deathbed?
(d) A stranger.
4. What makes Farfrae fall out of favor with the lower class?
(a) The lower class has a strong bond with Henchard.
(b) He is changed from his singing Scotchman days to an upper class man.
(c) Farfrae bullies his journeymen at work.
(d) No one respects his decision to marry Lucetta.
5. Newly bankrupt and now a journeyman, what is the only thing Michael looks forward to?
(a) Talking to his river image at the bridge.
(b) Talking with Elizabeth.
(c) Being able to drink again.
(d) Talking with Jopp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the townsfolk, who approves Elizabeth's and Donald's courtship?
2. Where does Farfrae often court Elizabeth?
3. When Henchard meets Lucetta, she reminds him of _________.
4. What does Elizabeth think she sees in the loft?
5. Where does Lucetta ask Michael to meet?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)