|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henchard leaves Casterbridge, what employment does he find?
(c) Henchard becomes a constable.
(d) General manager of a corn business.
2. What becomes of Weydon-Priors?
(a) It is unchanged from twenty five years ago.
(b) It is usurped by a large city.
(c) It is bare.
(d) It revives when a neighboring town grows nearby.
3. What does Elizabeth think she sees in the loft?
(a) Susan's ghost.
(b) Lucetta and Henchard secretly meeting.
(c) Henchard ponders the thought of pushing Farfrae through the trap door.
(d) A mysterious package of letters.
4. How does Michael act toward Lucetta when they meet on Donald's farm?
(a) Michael speaks sarcastically to her.
(b) Michael is ashamed and runs away from her sight.
(c) Michael leers at her with cold stares.
(d) Michael is nice and wants forgiveness.
5. How does Michael prepare for his fight with Donald?
(a) Michael sings a curse song aimed at Donald.
(b) Michael hides a knife in some haystacks.
(c) Michael ties one of his arms down.
(d) Michael makes a hidden trap door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Newson confesses he fakes his death. Why does Newson fake it?
2. What is Newson's reaction to Henchard's news about Elizabeth?
3. Who warms Donald about the happenings at the Three Mariners?
4. What new information keeps Donald from leaving town?
5. When Michael gets sick, who is there to nurse him to health?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)