|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the town's mood when Mrs. Farfrae's condition is heard?
(a) They feel she deserves it.
2. What is one of the causes of Henchard's bankruptcy?
(a) Farfrae steals all his customers.
(b) A debtor cannot pay Henchard on time.
(c) Henchard fires half his employees in a fury.
(d) Bad weather.
3. Where does Farfrae leave to after his fight?
(b) Durnover Hill.
4. How do Henchard's former employees view their new boss?
(a) They believe the new boss is equal in every way to Henchard.
(b) The man is respectable, but not as hearty and friendly as Henchard.
(c) They are less fearful of him.
(d) They like him less because he pays less.
5. How does Lucetta react to Michael in Donald's farm?
(a) Lucetta writes a letter requesting he stop his patronization.
(b) Lucetta approaches Michael and asks if he wants some tea.
(c) Lucetta ignores him and keeps her stride.
(d) Lucetta stares icily until Henchard turns away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What delays Jopp from running Henchard's errand?
2. How does Donald show thanks to Henchard for his attempt to help the night Lucetta dies?
3. How does Elizabeth address Henchard when she sees him on her wedding day?
4. What does Elizabeth do with Henchard's gift?
5. What becomes of Weydon-Priors?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)