|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henchard warn Lucetta?
(a) That over time, Henchard expects partnership or the truth of the affair is revealed.
(b) Henchard challenges Farfrae to a fight.
(c) Though Henchard may not say a word, Farfrae hears the truth somewhere.
(d) That if she is not nice, he tells Donald the truth.
2. What is Newson's reaction to Henchard's news about Elizabeth?
(c) Not surprised.
3. Why is the skimmity ride important to Jopp?
(a) The scandal also serves as retaliation.
(b) Jopp uses it to blackmail Farfrae.
(c) Jopp feels like a leader for once.
(d) Jopp uses it to blackmail Lucetta.
4. Newly bankrupt and now a journeyman, what is the only thing Michael looks forward to?
(a) Being able to drink again.
(b) Talking with Elizabeth.
(c) Talking to his river image at the bridge.
(d) Talking with Jopp.
5. What does Lucetta do to manipulate Henchard's feelings?
(a) She brushes against his arm when making a request.
(b) She winks and smiles when speaking with him.
(c) She makes herself look tired and plain.
(d) She dresses coquetish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth do with Henchard's gift?
2. What news does Michael hear at the stone bridge?
3. What is the people's reaction to the skiff between Michael and Donald?
4. Learning about Henchard's lies, Elizabeth feels what?
5. What is Farfrae's reaction when Elizabeth warns him of Henchard's hatred?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)