|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprising news do we hear about Lucetta?
(a) Lucetta and Farfrae are not legally married.
(b) Lucetta leaves a fortune for Elizabeth in her will.
(c) Lucetta is pregnant.
(d) Lucetta has more than one affair.
2. What is the cause of Lucetta's death?
(a) Bear of guilt.
(b) Seizures caused by the scandalous skimmity ride.
(c) An accident during the skimmity ride.
(d) Donald leaving her.
3. What does Michael do to further exemplify his selfishness?
(a) Tells Elizabeth to make breakfast despite her sleepless night.
(b) Lies to Newson about Elizabeth.
(c) Enter the Farfrae household and demand to know what is going on.
(d) Ask Elizabeth if Lucetta mentions him on her deathbed.
4. What is the motive behind the "skimmity ride"?
(a) The lower class hates Farfrae.
(b) Pure fun against the upper class.
(c) The furmity woman wants to revenge the town.
(d) Cuxsom is in love with Henchard.
5. What does Henchard buy for Elizabeth?
(a) A new dress.
(d) A goldfinch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What big celebration is coming up in Casterbridge?
2. What are Henchard's intentions when retrieving some letters from Farfrae?
3. What does Lucetta do to manipulate Henchard's feelings?
4. What makes Elizabeth wary of Henchard's hatred toward Farfrae?
5. Learning about Henchard's lies, Elizabeth feels what?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)