Short Answer Key
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. What does Michael do for a living?
2. Weydon Priors can be described as ...
A plain farmtown.
3. What is the relationship like between Susan and Michael?
Resentful from both sides.
4. What stages does Michael go through when drunk?
Serenity, jovial, argumentative, then quarrelsome.
5. Where is the first place Michael heads to when he wakes up in the morning in the furmity tent?
6. What does Michael decide to do when he discovers his wife emigrates?
Settle in Casterbridge.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
1. What age is Elizabeth Jane when she and her mother search for Michael Henchard?
2. How does Susan know Michael Henchard is in Casterbridge?
She asks the furmity woman.
3. What makes Susan uncomfortable about her relationship with Newson?
She discovers her marriage is not binding.
4. How is Casterbridge...
This section contains 2,505 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)