|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change is observed in Michael's behavior toward Donald when Donald becomes more popular?
(a) It becomes all business with no extraneous friendship.
(b) Michael follows Donald everywhere to keep an eye on him.
(c) Michael is short-tempered with Donald at all times.
(d) Henchard becomes even more overbearing of a friend so Farfrae likes him the best.
2. What rash and regretful decision does Henchard make at Donald's celebration?
(a) Henchard grabs his wife and daughter and leaves vehemently.
(b) Henchard denounces everyone for paying a fee rather than attending his free celebration.
(c) Henchard drinks for the first time since his oath.
(d) Henchard terminates Farfrae's employment.
3. How does Michael describe Donald's knock?
(b) Too soft.
(c) Half and half, gentle and simple.
(d) Too abrupt.
4. How do you describe Henchard's disposition towards strangers?
(a) Rude and contemptuous.
(b) Charming and cordial.
(c) Festive and hearty.
(d) Bland and disinterested.
5. How does Susan react when Michael admits his guilt for a bad deed he does years before?
(a) She feels guilty for leaving him.
(b) She feels guilty for thinking bad thoughts about him.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is curious of which bad deed he is speaking of.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Michael turn to when he goes bankrupt?
2. What does Lucetta do to manipulate Henchard's feelings?
3. What does Michael decide to do when he discovers his wife emigrates?
4. What is Abel's punishment for being chronically late?
5. What new information keeps Donald from leaving town?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)