|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Farfrae indirectly offer Henchard?
(a) A corn-trussing job.
(b) Start-up money for a new business.
(c) A bribe to stay out of his life.
(d) A partnership.
2. Who does Michael turn to when he goes bankrupt?
(a) Councilman Tubb.
3. How does Michael discover Lucetta is in Casterbridge?
(a) Lucetta strategically runs into him at the marketplace.
(b) Elizabeth describes the mystery woman to Henchard.
(c) He remembers Templeman is Lucetta's aunt's surname.
(d) Michael sees her at Susan's grave.
4. What misunderstood rumor reaches Henchard that makes him angry?
(a) Farfrae persuades the councilmen not to elect Henchard.
(b) Farfrae mistreats Lucetta.
(c) Farfrae puts a stop to opening a seed store for Henchard.
(d) Farfrae vows to leave town if Henchard becomes mayor.
5. In chapter 19, what act blatantly shows Michael's disrespect for Susan's request?
(a) He marries the Jersey woman immediately after her death.
(b) He tells Farfrae and Elizabeth to discontinue their courtship.
(c) He does not help Elizabeth receive an education.
(d) He opens Susan's deathbed letter early.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Henchard's former employees view their new boss?
2. What happens to Michael's business?
3. What stages does Michael go through when drunk?
4. Where does Susan and her daughter first see Michael Henchard?
5. What surprises Elizabeth when she goes to see Henchard?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)