|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Michael go for weather advice?
(d) The weather-caster.
2. What is Jopp's reaction to Henchard's curt behavior?
(a) Angry and bitterly disappointed.
(b) Sensitively hurt.
(d) Disappointed, but understands business is business.
3. Michael incessantly criticizes Elizabeth for what?
(a) Her fashion sense.
(b) Her courtship with Farfrae.
(c) Her dialect.
(d) Her inability to stand up for herself.
4. What are Henchard's intentions when retrieving some letters from Farfrae?
(a) To burn them immediately.
(b) To read them to Lucetta, hoping to evoke some emotions from her.
(c) To hide the letters in case he needs to blackmail Lucetta in the future.
(d) To tell Farfrae about his affair with Lucetta.
5. What section of town does Michael now live?
(a) Priory Mill.
(b) Stone Bridge.
(c) Mixen Lane.
(d) Durnover Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elizabeth meets Lucetta on the road, who/what attacks them?
2. What does Lucetta request from Henchard?
3. What stages does Michael go through when drunk?
4. Four pennies are used to keep Susan's eyes closed. What becomes of them after Martha buries them?
5. What motivates Elizabeth to work next to Michael on Donald's farm?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)