|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Scotchman do to get the mayor's attention?
(a) He never gets the mayor's attenion.
(b) He sends a note via the waiter.
(c) He writes a note and throws it through the window.
(d) He waits for the mayor to leave the party and approaches him.
2. What new machinery is introduced at the Saturday market?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A combine.
(c) A seed drill.
(d) A harvester.
3. How does Michael feel after Susan's death?
4. How does Henchard first learn the townspeople prefer Donald over him?
(a) Henchard sees it in the people's faces as they admire Donald dancing.
(b) From a councilman.
(c) Through a messenger boy from Durnover.
(d) A lawyer from Henchard's celebration tells him.
5. How does Susan know Michael Henchard is in Casterbridge?
(a) From a friend.
(b) Michael contacts Susan first.
(c) Through hearsay on the street.
(d) She asks the furmity woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michael describe Donald's knock?
2. What is the relationship like between Susan and Michael?
3. What is Farfrae's reaction to Henchard's confession?
4. What makes Elizabeth believe Donald is not interested in wooing her?
5. What do the people of Casterbridge know of the mayor's past wife?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)