|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Elizabeth believe Donald is not interested in wooing her?
(a) She believes she is too plain.
(b) She is the stepdaughter of a contemptuous man.
(c) Farfrae opens up a competing business against her father's.
(d) Farfrae is too smart for her.
2. What does Susan fear about meeting Michael Henchard?
(a) That he considers his sale binding.
(b) That he does not remember their daughter.
(c) That he does not help despite financial success.
(d) That he's drunken himself to his tomb.
3. What is one of Henchard's motives for his remarriage with Susan?
(a) A married man is more respectable than a bachelor.
(b) To find love again.
(c) He is obliged by an oath he makes nineteen years ago.
(d) To punish himself.
4. Michael incessantly criticizes Elizabeth for what?
(a) Her fashion sense.
(b) Her inability to stand up for herself.
(c) Her dialect.
(d) Her courtship with Farfrae.
5. What are Michael's first words when he sees Susan after so many years?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "I looked for you."
(c) "I'm sorry."
(d) "I don't drink."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elizabeth and Lucetta meet?
2. Where do Susan and Elizabeth Jane go for lodgings?
3. How does Elizabeth receive her new home and money?
4. Henchard's education is compared to whom?
5. How does Susan react when Michael admits his guilt for a bad deed he does years before?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)