|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Henchard's intentions when retrieving some letters from Farfrae?
(a) To burn them immediately.
(b) To read them to Lucetta, hoping to evoke some emotions from her.
(c) To hide the letters in case he needs to blackmail Lucetta in the future.
(d) To tell Farfrae about his affair with Lucetta.
2. Who meets Farfrae, but unsuccessfully brings him home to Lucetta?
(a) One of Farfrae's employees.
(b) The doctor.
3. How does Susan react when Michael admits his guilt for a bad deed he does years before?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is curious of which bad deed he is speaking of.
(c) She feels guilty for leaving him.
(d) She feels guilty for thinking bad thoughts about him.
4. How does Lucetta regard Elizabeth's feelings for Donald?
(a) Lucetta thinks Elizabeth is silly for thinking she has a chance.
(b) Lucetta pities Elizabeth.
(c) Lucetta is oblivious.
(d) Lucetta does not care enough to disregard her own feelings first.
5. What is Jopp's reaction to Henchard's curt behavior?
(b) Angry and bitterly disappointed.
(c) Sensitively hurt.
(d) Disappointed, but understands business is business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Henchard the most about Farfrae?
2. What is one of Henchard's motives for his remarriage with Susan?
3. On the day of the skimmity ride, who knows where Donald goes to?
4. In chapter 19, what act blatantly shows Michael's disrespect for Susan's request?
5. Why is the skimmity ride important to Jopp?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)