|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event occurs in Port-Bredy?
(a) Farfrae has an affair with Lucetta.
(b) Lucetta sets up home away from Casterbridge.
(c) Lucetta and Henchard marry.
(d) Lucetta and Donald marry.
2. How does Lucetta regard Elizabeth's feelings for Donald?
(a) Lucetta thinks Elizabeth is silly for thinking she has a chance.
(b) Lucetta pities Elizabeth.
(c) Lucetta is oblivious.
(d) Lucetta does not care enough to disregard her own feelings first.
3. How does Henchard first learn the townspeople prefer Donald over him?
(a) Henchard sees it in the people's faces as they admire Donald dancing.
(b) A lawyer from Henchard's celebration tells him.
(c) Through a messenger boy from Durnover.
(d) From a councilman.
4. When Elizabeth meets Lucetta on the road, who/what attacks them?
(a) A raging bull.
(c) A wild horse.
5. What rash and regretful decision does Henchard make at Donald's celebration?
(a) Henchard grabs his wife and daughter and leaves vehemently.
(b) Henchard drinks for the first time since his oath.
(c) Henchard denounces everyone for paying a fee rather than attending his free celebration.
(d) Henchard terminates Farfrae's employment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Farfrae leave to after his fight?
2. What news are the townsfolk waiting for at the end of chapter 30?
3. In chapter 29, what does Lucetta offer Henchard?
4. What makes Henchard change his mind about his fight even before it begins?
5. What change is observed in Michael's behavior toward Donald when Donald becomes more popular?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)