Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. What does Michael do for a living?
(a) An auctioneer.
(b) A hay-trusser.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A turnip-hoer.
2. Weydon Priors can be described as ...
(a) A plain farmtown.
(b) A bustling city.
(c) The next big thing.
(d) A ghost town.
3. What is the relationship like between Susan and Michael?
(a) Resentful from both sides.
(b) Loving from Susan to Michael, but Michael detests Susan.
(c) Indifferent since they are an arranged marriage.
(d) Happy and content.
4. What stages does Michael go through when drunk?
(a) Calm, jovial, angry, then quarrelsome.
(b) Peaceful, happy, excited, then mean.
(c) Happy, frustrated, then argumentative.
(d) Serenity, jovial, argumentative, then quarrelsome.
5. Where is the first place Michael heads to when he wakes up in the morning in the furmity tent?
(a) A neighbor's for breakfast.
(b) The nearest farm.
(c) The seaport.
(d) The church.
6. What does Michael decide to do when he discovers his wife emigrates?
(a) Settle in Casterbridge.
(b) Go back to the furmity woman.
(c) Find a new wife.
(d) Save money to follow on the boat.
This section contains 5,583 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)