Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• A family of three, a man, woman, and baby walks along a quiet road.
• The man is a hay-trusser who is looking for work in Weydon-Priors.
• The family rests at a furmity tent that laces its furmity.
• The man gets drunk and auctions off his wife to a sailor.
• The man wakes up in the tent and denounces liquor for 21 years in a church.
• The main character looks for his wife and hears she emigrates.
• The man settles in Casterbridge.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• Eighteen years later, Susan and Elizabeth Jane return to Weydon Priors looking for Michael Henchard.
• Susan sees the old furmity woman and asks her if she remembers the sale of a wife years ago.
• The furmity woman does not recall the sale, but remembers a man coming a year later. Henchard requests the furmity woman to tell Susan he is in Casterbridge if she...
This section contains 2,938 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)