|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What intimate thing does Maurice do to Durham?
2. What is Maurice's reaction to Durham after he reads the Symposium?
3. Where does Maurice go to college?
4. At the end of Chapter 6, what does Maurice wake up with?
5. Where does Clive say he wants to travel to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Durham tell Maurice about his Christmas vacation? What shocks Maurice about Durham at first?
2. When Clive goes to Greece, what does he write to Maurice? What is Maurice's reaction to this letter?
3. What is the name of Clive's family home? How is Clive's family different from Maurice's?
4. What happens when Maurice and Clive decide to spend the day together? What is the consequence of this action?
5. As Mr. Ducie and Maurice walk away from the beach, what does Mr. Ducie say? What does Maurice think of Mr. Ducie for an instant?
6. Where does Maurice go to college? What does he discover about it? How does he feel about this?
7. When Clive comes back from Greece, where does he go first? Who is the first person he sees there?
8. Who does Clive want to be alone with when he visits the Halls in Chapter 25? Why does he want this?
9. What does Durham consider a hypocrisy? What does he tell Maurice to read over vacation?
10. During a lunch with the Dean, whom does Maurice meet? What does he like about this person?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Clive and Maurice come from very different backgrounds. Compare these two backgrounds, and explain how this affects their relationship together. Provide at least 2 examples in your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Chapter 39 and 40 follow Maurice during a very stressful time. Explore the building stress for Maurice, the reasons behind it, including how Maurice responds to this stress. Be sure to include at least 3 examples.
Essay Topic 3
When Maurice visits Clive and his new wife Anne, he acts differently. Examine Maurice's behavior during this period, and the reasons behind it. Make sure to include at least three examples of his changed behavior.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)