|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 40, how many days does Scudder have left in England?
2. Whom does Maurice see while he is meeting Alec in London?
(b) Mr. Borenius.
(c) Mr. Ducie.
(d) His mother.
3. What does Clive do that makes Maurice shudder in Chapter 35?
(a) Smiles at him.
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Kisses him.
4. What is the name of the guest that shares Maurice's carriage in Chapter 36?
(a) Art Randolph.
(b) Archie London.
(c) Archie Hickcox.
(d) Archibald Cox.
5. Whom does Clive become engaged to?
(a) Miss Tonks.
(d) Anne Woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like when Maurice goes to meet Alec in London?
2. When Clive arrives in Chapter 39, what does everyone have him do?
3. What increases in Chapter 28?
4. What is Ada's response to her and Maurice's talk in Chapter 28?
5. After Maurice sees the hypnotist, where does he return to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Maurice go to first to try to cure his homosexuality? Why does he go to this person?
2. When Maurice visits Penge in Chapter 34, why is he upset at first? Who is there to greet him?
3. What advice does Lasker give Maurice? What does he say about England?
4. After Clive breaks up with Maurice, what does Maurice think will happen? What is Maurice's life dependent on?
5. When Clive writes to Maurice after they break up, what does each letter say? What is uncharacteristic about Maurice and Clive's letters to one another during this time?
6. What does Maurice try to tell his grandfather but cannot? What does Maurice realize about life from his grandfather?
7. What information does Risley give Maurice about a famous composer? How does this information make Maurice feel?
8. When Maurice returns home from Penge, what does his mother want him to do? What does he receive during this time?
9. Where do Maurice and Alec meet in London? Whom does Maurice see there?
10. What excuse does Maurice give for leaving Penge in Chapter 40? What do Anne and Clive think is the real reason?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)