|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Borenius' profession?
2. When Maurice tells Clive about him and Alec, what is Clive's reaction?
3. What is the name of the rector who visits Penge at the same time as Maurice?
(a) Mr. Boris.
(b) Mr. Cornelius.
(c) Mr. Boronus.
(d) Mr. Borenius.
4. During the match in Chapter 39, how does Maurice feel when he sees Alec?
5. Why does Maurice choose Dr.Barry to go to first about his condition?
(a) Because Dr. Barry used to be the same way.
(b) Because Dr. Barry already suspects him.
(c) Because he is a trusted family friend.
(d) Because Dr. Barry has experience in healing this condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ada become engaged to?
2. When Clive calls Maurice, how many of Clive's friends does his fiancée say she had talked to?
3. What does Anne offer to give Maurice when he feels ill?
4. What does Alec assume brought Maurice to find him at the end of the novel?
5. What does Clive learn about Anne on their wedding night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new thing did Maurice's grandfather invent? What is at the stem of this belief?
2. What information does Risley give Maurice about a famous composer? How does this information make Maurice feel?
3. When Scudder leaves in the morning, what does Maurice do? What causes Maurice anxiety?
4. On his way back to his room, whom does Maurice talk to in Chapter 37? When does he see this person next?
5. What engagement does Maurice break off in order to spend the night with Alec? What does he try to convince Alec to do the next day?
6. After Maurice sees Lasker for the last time, what does he decide about himself? How does he reconcile this?
7. After Clive breaks up with Maurice, what does Maurice think will happen? What is Maurice's life dependent on?
8. What does Maurice announce to Clive when he is visiting Penge in Chapter 35? What is Clive's reaction to this? How does this make Maurice feel?
9. When Maurice returns home from Penge, what does his mother want him to do? What does he receive during this time?
10. On the day of Alec's scheduled departure, whom does Maurice see at the dock? Why is he afraid?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)