|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, who does Maurice's mother say Maurice reminded Mr. Abrahams of?
(a) His father.
(b) A famous writer.
(c) A politician.
(d) Mr. Ducie.
2. Whom does Clive's mother have in mind as a wife for Clive?
(a) A cousin.
(b) A Greek girl.
3. What does Clive like about Maurice?
(a) He is rich.
(b) He is attractive and strong.
(c) He is smart and funny.
(d) They have similar family lives.
4. What do Clive and Maurice spend their nights doing?
(a) Riding horses.
(c) Making plans for their future together.
(d) Talking in the study.
5. Who is the first person Clive sees when he returns to the Hall home?
(d) Mrs. Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what is Maurice's first dream about?
2. What does Maurice finally decide to do after Clive tells him to in Chapter 20?
3. What does Dr. Barry scold Maurice for?
4. What is Maurice's reaction to Durham after he reads the Symposium?
5. What is Sunnington?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of the novel, what is Maurice's class doing? Why does Mr. Ducie want to speak with Maurice?
2. What engagement does Maurice break off in order to spend the night with Alec? What does he try to convince Alec to do the next day?
3. During the cricket match, what happens to Maurice? What does Anne offer Maurice to help him?
4. Where does Maurice first go looking for Risley? Why doesn't Maurice want to go to Risley's room?
5. During a lunch with the Dean, whom does Maurice meet? What does he like about this person?
6. Over Easter Vacation, whom does Maurice date? Why does their relationship end?
7. When Durham and Maurice talk, how do they sit? What does Maurice do to Durham?
8. What is revealed about Clive in Chapter 12? How does this affect his feelings for Maurice?
9. What is the name of Clive's family home? How is Clive's family different from Maurice's?
10. How old is Maurice when he graduates from high school? What does Dr. Barry talk to him about on his graduation day?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)