|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish this line from Chapter 12: "But _____ meant so much to him he forgot that they were a bewilderment to others."
2. In Chapter 2, who does Maurice's mother say Maurice reminded Mr. Abrahams of?
(a) His father.
(b) A politician.
(c) A famous writer.
(d) Mr. Ducie.
3. What does Maurice refuse to do which warrants him a further punishment?
(a) Apologize to the Dean.
(b) Tell Clive that he loves him.
(c) Talk properly to his mother.
(d) Go and work in his father's firm.
4. What happens between Clive and Maurice's family in Chapter 19?
(a) They reluctantly decide to meet.
(b) They become friends.
(c) They start to hate one another.
(d) They have a fight.
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Maurice think about Mr. Ducie?
(a) He is a wonderful man.
(b) He is cruel.
(c) He wishes Mr. Ducie was his father.
(d) He is a liar.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what are Maurice and his class doing?
2. In Chapter 10, what happens one night when Maurice goes to bed?
3. Whom does Maurice ignore when he is with Clive?
4. In Chapter 9, when Durham firsts visits Maurice, what happens?
5. Why does Mr. Ducie want to talk to Maurice in the first chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Maurice go to first to try to cure his homosexuality? Why does he go to this person?
2. What does Durham tell Maurice about his Christmas vacation? What shocks Maurice about Durham at first?
3. What kind of doctor does Risley tell Maurice about at the opera? Who has this doctor cured?
4. What does Maurice announce to Clive when he is visiting Penge in Chapter 35? What is Clive's reaction to this? How does this make Maurice feel?
5. What advice does Lasker give Maurice? What does he say about England?
6. What information does Risley give Maurice about a famous composer? How does this information make Maurice feel?
7. When does Clive fall out of love with Maurice? How does he react to Maurice after this?
8. Where do Maurice and Alec meet in London? Whom does Maurice see there?
9. What does Durham consider a hypocrisy? What does he tell Maurice to read over vacation?
10. How does Maurice get tickets to the opera in Chapter 32? What composer's music was being played?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)