|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maurice's mother do to try to reach Maurice?
(a) Has Dr. Barry talk to him.
(b) Has his little sister talk to him.
(c) Takes him out of school.
(d) Forbids him to write to Clive.
2. In Chapter 9, when Durham firsts visits Maurice, what happens?
(a) They get into a fight.
(b) They argue about the Symposium.
(c) Durham is jealous about Gladys.
(d) They caress and hold one another for a moment.
3. What about Clive's letter angers Maurice?
(a) His overflowing love.
(b) His failure to write back in a timely manner.
(c) His curtness.
(d) His overuse of flowery language.
4. What do Clive and Maurice spend their nights doing?
(a) Talking in the study.
(c) Making plans for their future together.
(d) Riding horses.
5. What is Durham looking for?
(d) A borrowed sweater.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the banquet in Chapter 21, where do Maurice and Clive go?
2. How long do Maurice and Durham go without speaking in Chapter 10?
3. Where does Clive say he wants to travel to?
4. What happens on the night before Clive goes on his trip in Chapter 21?
5. Who is Dr. Barry?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Clive goes to Greece, what does he write to Maurice? What is Maurice's reaction to this letter?
2. Whom does Maurice meet in Risley's room? What is he looking for?
3. When does Clive fall out of love with Maurice? How does he react to Maurice after this?
4. During a lunch with the Dean, whom does Maurice meet? What does he like about this person?
5. What do Durham and Maurice debate about? What is the result of this debate?
6. What advice does Dr. Barry give Maurice? What does Dr. Barry get angry about?
7. What does the Dean ask Maurice to do? Why does he refuse? What is the consequence of this action?
8. Where does Maurice go to college? What does he discover about it? How does he feel about this?
9. What is revealed about Clive in Chapter 12? How does this affect his feelings for Maurice?
10. Why does Clive make sure Maurice has a tiny room? What do they spend their nights doing?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)