|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clive write to Maurice in Chapter 22?
(a) He never wants to see him again.
(b) He has become normal?
(c) He is staying in Greece forever.
(d) He is in love with Ada.
2. What moment ends the relationship between Maurice and Gladys?
(a) When Maurice starts talking about Durham.
(b) When Maurice holds her hand.
(c) When Maurice tries to kiss her.
(d) When Maurice won't stop paying her compliments.
3. What is different about Chapter 12?
(a) It is written without punctuation.
(b) It is told from Clive's perspective.
(c) There is an omniscient narrator.
(d) Maurice narrates it.
4. After Maurice tells Durham he read the Symposium, what does Durham do?
(a) Has a lively debate with Maurice about the piece.
(b) Says that he is engaged to a girl back home.
(c) Leaves Maurice alone.
(d) Tells Maurice he loves him.
5. How old is Maurice when he goes to visit Clive and his family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Ducie forget to do after their talk?
2. When Maurice goes home for Easter vacation, what does he tell his mother?
3. What is Sunnington?
4. What do Maurice and Durham talk about when they first meet?
5. What does Maurice receive a prize for on his High School graduation day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about the format of Chapter 12? What does this show?
2. What does Clive's mother question Maurice about? How does this affect Maurice?
3. What is Maurice's reaction to Clive breaking up with him? What is the consequence of their argument?
4. Where does Maurice go to High School? Why is he uncomfortable there?
5. How old is Maurice when Mr. Ducie talks to him on the beach? What is Maurice's reaction to Mr. Ducie's talk?
6. When Clive comes back from Greece, where does he go first? Who is the first person he sees there?
7. Where does Maurice first go looking for Risley? Why doesn't Maurice want to go to Risley's room?
8. Where does Maurice go to college? What does he discover about it? How does he feel about this?
9. What happens when Maurice and Clive decide to spend the day together? What is the consequence of this action?
10. How old is Maurice when he graduates from high school? What does Dr. Barry talk to him about on his graduation day?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)