|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Maurice returns to campus, who calls him down to talk?
(b) The dean.
(d) His mother.
2. Where does Maurice's mother live?
(a) Near London.
(b) Near the shore.
(c) Northern England.
(d) In downtown London.
3. What does Maurice's mother do to try to reach Maurice?
(a) Forbids him to write to Clive.
(b) Takes him out of school.
(c) Has Dr. Barry talk to him.
(d) Has his little sister talk to him.
4. Whom does Maurice meet during a lunch with the Dean?
(d) The Dean's wife.
5. What is the first sentence of Chapter 11?
(a) "After this crisis Maurice never recovered".
(b) "After this crisis Maurice became a man".
(c) "From this crisis Maurice became stronger".
(d) "Removed from this crisis, Maurice became cynical".
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maurice goes home for Easter vacation, what does he tell his mother?
2. What about Clive's letter angers Maurice?
3. Who is Gladys Olcott?
4. How old is Maurice when he graduates from high school?
5. Where does Mr. Ducie take Maurice to talk to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Clive fall out of love with Maurice? How does he react to Maurice after this?
2. When Durham finds out Maurice read the Symposium, what does he say to him? What is Maurice's reaction?
3. Why does Clive make sure Maurice has a tiny room? What do they spend their nights doing?
4. When Clive comes back from Greece, where does he go first? Who is the first person he sees there?
5. Where does Maurice go to High School? Why is he uncomfortable there?
6. What is Maurice's reaction to Clive breaking up with him? What is the consequence of their argument?
7. Where does Clive go after visiting the Halls in Chapter 25? What plans are canceled because of this?
8. Where do Clive and Maurice go after Cambridge? What night of the week does Maurice spend at Clive's apartment?
9. As Mr. Ducie and Maurice walk away from the beach, what does Mr. Ducie say? What does Maurice think of Mr. Ducie for an instant?
10. What do Durham and Maurice debate about? What is the result of this debate?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)