|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Ducie forget to do after their talk?
(a) Give Maurice a hall pass.
(b) Take Maurice back to class.
(c) Erase the drawings in the sand.
(d) Ask if Maurice understood.
2. In Chapter 9, when Durham firsts visits Maurice, what happens?
(a) They argue about the Symposium.
(b) They caress and hold one another for a moment.
(c) They get into a fight.
(d) Durham is jealous about Gladys.
3. What does Mrs. Durham question Maurice about?
(a) Whether he has ever travelled anywhere.
(b) Whether he is going back to college.
(c) Whether Clive has a girl.
(d) Whether he is in love with Clive.
4. At the end of Chapter 6, what does Maurice hope?
(a) For Durham not to tell anyone he was looking for Risley.
(b) For Durham not to tell anyone about their meeting.
(c) For Durham to like him little by little.
(d) For Durham to leave him alone.
5. In Chapter 2, who does Maurice's mother say Maurice reminded Mr. Abrahams of?
(a) A politician.
(b) His father.
(c) A famous writer.
(d) Mr. Ducie.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Clive and Maurice meet for lunch, what is their reaction?
2. What do Clive and Maurice do when the motorbike breaks down?
3. What do Clive and Maurice spend their nights doing?
4. What intimate thing does Maurice do to Durham?
5. Who is the author of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Clive comes back from Greece, where does he go first? Who is the first person he sees there?
2. What is revealed about Clive in Chapter 12? How does this affect his feelings for Maurice?
3. Where does Maurice go to High School? Why is he uncomfortable there?
4. What advice does Dr. Barry give Maurice? What does Dr. Barry get angry about?
5. What does Clive's mother question Maurice about? How does this affect Maurice?
6. What does Durham consider a hypocrisy? What does he tell Maurice to read over vacation?
7. How old is Maurice when Mr. Ducie talks to him on the beach? What is Maurice's reaction to Mr. Ducie's talk?
8. When Mr. Ducie talks to Maurice in Chapter 1, what does he talk about? What does he do to help illustrate his point?
9. As Mr. Ducie and Maurice walk away from the beach, what does Mr. Ducie say? What does Maurice think of Mr. Ducie for an instant?
10. Where does Maurice go to college? What does he discover about it? How does he feel about this?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)