|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Chapter 12?
(a) Maurice narrates it.
(b) There is an omniscient narrator.
(c) It is told from Clive's perspective.
(d) It is written without punctuation.
2. What is Durham looking for?
(c) A borrowed sweater.
3. When the novel begins, how old is Maurice?
4. How long do Maurice and Durham go without speaking in Chapter 10?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Two days.
(c) A whole semester.
(d) A week.
5. Whom does Maurice meet during a lunch with the Dean?
(b) The Dean's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Durham tell Maurice to read over vacation?
2. Where does Maurice's mother live?
3. After Maurice tells Durham he read the Symposium, what does Durham do?
4. What does Maurice refuse to do which warrants him a further punishment?
5. What do Clive and Maurice plan to do instead of going to class one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Clive want to be alone with when he visits the Halls in Chapter 25? Why does he want this?
2. Over Easter Vacation, whom does Maurice date? Why does their relationship end?
3. What does Durham tell Maurice about his Christmas vacation? What shocks Maurice about Durham at first?
4. When Durham finds out Maurice read the Symposium, what does he say to him? What is Maurice's reaction?
5. Where does Maurice go to college? What does he discover about it? How does he feel about this?
6. Why does Clive make sure Maurice has a tiny room? What do they spend their nights doing?
7. What does Clive's mother question Maurice about? How does this affect Maurice?
8. What advice does Dr. Barry give Maurice? What does Dr. Barry get angry about?
9. What do Durham and Maurice debate about? What is the result of this debate?
10. When Clive collapses at the Halls', what does Maurice do unexpectedly? How does he explain this to his mother?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)