|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clive do with Maurice's letter in Chapter 23?
(a) Cries over it.
(b) Rips it up.
(c) Doesn't ever open it.
(d) Burns it.
2. On Maurice's high school graduation day, what does Dr. Barry talk to him about?
3. What about Clive's letter angers Maurice?
(a) His overuse of flowery language.
(b) His failure to write back in a timely manner.
(c) His overflowing love.
(d) His curtness.
4. When Maurice goes home for Easter vacation, what does he tell his mother?
(a) He is not going to go back to college.
(b) He is in love with Durham.
(c) He is not going to work in his father's firm.
(d) He no longer goes to church.
5. Whom does Maurice meet during a lunch with the Dean?
(c) The Dean's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish this line from Chapter 12: "But _____ meant so much to him he forgot that they were a bewilderment to others."
2. In Chapter 18, how long have Maurice and Clive been together?
3. What does Clive write to Maurice in Chapter 22?
4. What is the name of the Durham family home?
5. At the end of Chapter 2, whom does Maurice think about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Over Easter Vacation, whom does Maurice date? Why does their relationship end?
2. As Mr. Ducie and Maurice walk away from the beach, what does Mr. Ducie say? What does Maurice think of Mr. Ducie for an instant?
3. How old is Maurice when Mr. Ducie talks to him on the beach? What is Maurice's reaction to Mr. Ducie's talk?
4. What do Durham and Maurice debate about? What is the result of this debate?
5. What does Durham consider a hypocrisy? What does he tell Maurice to read over vacation?
6. Where does Clive go after visiting the Halls in Chapter 25? What plans are canceled because of this?
7. What is Maurice's reaction to Clive breaking up with him? What is the consequence of their argument?
8. During a lunch with the Dean, whom does Maurice meet? What does he like about this person?
9. When Clive collapses at the Halls', what does Maurice do unexpectedly? How does he explain this to his mother?
10. What advice does Dr. Barry give Maurice? What does Dr. Barry get angry about?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)