|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Maurice and Clive travel together after Cambridge?
2. What is Durham's response when Maurice tells him he loves him?
(a) He hits Maurice.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He goes into Maurice's arms.
(d) He laughs and leaves the room.
3. After the banquet in Chapter 21, where do Maurice and Clive go?
(a) To Greece.
(b) To Clive's apartment.
(c) To Penge.
(d) To the Hall residence.
4. What does Mr. Ducie talk with Maurice about?
(a) His mother.
(c) His father.
5. In Chapter 2, what is Maurice's second dream about?
(b) A friend.
(c) His dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Clive sees when he returns to the Hall home?
2. Who prompts a change in Clive in Chapter 24?
3. What is Durham looking for?
4. At the end of Chapter 2, whom does Maurice think about?
5. When Maurice returns from Christmas vacation, what does Durham tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name of Clive's family home? How is Clive's family different from Maurice's?
2. When does Clive fall out of love with Maurice? How does he react to Maurice after this?
3. When Clive collapses at the Halls', what does Maurice do unexpectedly? How does he explain this to his mother?
4. What does Durham consider a hypocrisy? What does he tell Maurice to read over vacation?
5. Where does Maurice go to college? What does he discover about it? How does he feel about this?
6. How old is Maurice when Mr. Ducie talks to him on the beach? What is Maurice's reaction to Mr. Ducie's talk?
7. When Durham and Maurice talk, how do they sit? What does Maurice do to Durham?
8. Over Easter Vacation, whom does Maurice date? Why does their relationship end?
9. What is different about the format of Chapter 12? What does this show?
10. How old is Maurice when he graduates from high school? What does Dr. Barry talk to him about on his graduation day?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)