|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main character's last name?
2. What does Maurice tell Durham he believes about in religion?
(a) The immaculate conception.
(b) The redemption.
(c) The Trinity.
(d) The crucifixion.
3. What do we learn about Clive in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) He is planning to run away.
(b) He is very religious.
(c) He hates his mother.
(d) He worries about his family often.
4. At the end of Chapter 6, what does Maurice hope?
(a) For Durham to leave him alone.
(b) For Durham to like him little by little.
(c) For Durham not to tell anyone he was looking for Risley.
(d) For Durham not to tell anyone about their meeting.
5. What happens to Maurice as a result of his impertinence?
(a) He flunks his classes.
(b) His mother takes him out of college.
(c) Clive breaks up with him.
(d) He is suspended from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Maurice and Durham talk about when they first meet?
2. Why does Mr. Ducie want to talk to Maurice in the first chapter?
3. At the end of Chapter 6, what does Maurice wake up with?
4. What moment ends the relationship between Maurice and Gladys?
5. In Chapter 9, when Durham firsts visits Maurice, what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Dean ask Maurice to do? Why does he refuse? What is the consequence of this action?
2. Whom does Maurice meet in Risley's room? What is he looking for?
3. What is revealed about Clive in Chapter 12? How does this affect his feelings for Maurice?
4. Where does Maurice go to High School? Why is he uncomfortable there?
5. Where do Clive and Maurice go after Cambridge? What night of the week does Maurice spend at Clive's apartment?
6. Where does Maurice go to college? What does he discover about it? How does he feel about this?
7. Where does Maurice first go looking for Risley? Why doesn't Maurice want to go to Risley's room?
8. What is Maurice's reaction to Clive breaking up with him? What is the consequence of their argument?
9. During a lunch with the Dean, whom does Maurice meet? What does he like about this person?
10. What do Durham and Maurice debate about? What is the result of this debate?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)