|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, whom does Maurice think about?
(a) Kitty, his sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) Mr. Ducie.
(d) George, the servant boy.
2. What is Maurice's signal that Durham loves him as well?
(a) Durham starts crying and telling him no.
(b) Durham starts singing to him.
(c) Durham winks as he leaves the room.
(d) He hears Durham cry his name in his sleep.
3. What does Clive do with Maurice's letter in Chapter 23?
(a) Rips it up.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Cries over it.
(d) Doesn't ever open it.
4. Why does Mr. Ducie want to talk to Maurice in the first chapter?
(a) He wants to make sure he is ready to graduate.
(b) He wants to tell him about his father.
(c) He wants to give him the "good talk".
(d) He wants to tell him about high school.
5. What do Maurice and Durham talk about when they first meet?
(d) Their mothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, how long have Maurice and Clive been together?
2. What does Maurice receive a prize for on his High School graduation day?
3. How old is Maurice when he graduates from high school?
4. What does Maurice finally decide to do after Clive tells him to in Chapter 20?
5. Who is waiting up while Clive is ill in case they need her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Maurice first go looking for Risley? Why doesn't Maurice want to go to Risley's room?
2. Where does Maurice go to High School? Why is he uncomfortable there?
3. What does Clive's mother question Maurice about? How does this affect Maurice?
4. As Mr. Ducie and Maurice walk away from the beach, what does Mr. Ducie say? What does Maurice think of Mr. Ducie for an instant?
5. What does Durham consider a hypocrisy? What does he tell Maurice to read over vacation?
6. Where does Clive go after visiting the Halls in Chapter 25? What plans are canceled because of this?
7. How old is Maurice when Mr. Ducie talks to him on the beach? What is Maurice's reaction to Mr. Ducie's talk?
8. Where do Clive and Maurice go after Cambridge? What night of the week does Maurice spend at Clive's apartment?
9. Whom does Maurice meet in Risley's room? What is he looking for?
10. Where does Maurice go to college? What does he discover about it? How does he feel about this?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)