|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person that Clive meets who is homosexual?
(c) The Dean.
(d) His cousin.
2. What is Maurice's signal that Durham loves him as well?
(a) Durham starts crying and telling him no.
(b) He hears Durham cry his name in his sleep.
(c) Durham winks as he leaves the room.
(d) Durham starts singing to him.
3. In Chapter 18, how long have Maurice and Clive been together?
(a) Two years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Four years.
4. Why does Mr. Ducie want to talk to Maurice in the first chapter?
(a) He wants to tell him about high school.
(b) He wants to tell him about his father.
(c) He wants to give him the "good talk".
(d) He wants to make sure he is ready to graduate.
5. What happens between Clive and Maurice's family in Chapter 19?
(a) They have a fight.
(b) They start to hate one another.
(c) They reluctantly decide to meet.
(d) They become friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Ducie take Maurice to talk to him?
2. In Chapter 7, what do Durham and Maurice debate about?
3. Who prompts a change in Clive in Chapter 24?
4. Who is Gladys Olcott?
5. What is different about Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mr. Ducie talks to Maurice in Chapter 1, what does he talk about? What does he do to help illustrate his point?
2. What advice does Dr. Barry give Maurice? What does Dr. Barry get angry about?
3. During a lunch with the Dean, whom does Maurice meet? What does he like about this person?
4. When Durham finds out Maurice read the Symposium, what does he say to him? What is Maurice's reaction?
5. Where does Maurice first go looking for Risley? Why doesn't Maurice want to go to Risley's room?
6. Who does Clive want to be alone with when he visits the Halls in Chapter 25? Why does he want this?
7. What does Durham tell Maurice about his Christmas vacation? What shocks Maurice about Durham at first?
8. Over Easter Vacation, whom does Maurice date? Why does their relationship end?
9. What is Maurice's reaction to Clive breaking up with him? What is the consequence of their argument?
10. What does Clive's mother question Maurice about? How does this affect Maurice?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)