|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maurice's reaction to Durham after he reads the Symposium?
(a) He is angry at Durham for having such a position.
(b) He is angry at Durham for getting engaged.
(c) He falls into Durham's arms.
(d) He is harsh and says men don't feel that way.
2. At the end of Chapter 6, what does Maurice wake up with?
(a) A black eye.
(b) Durham's song stuck in his head.
(c) A cold.
3. How long does Clive's relapse last?
(a) An entire year.
(b) One day.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few months.
4. Where does Maurice's mother live?
(a) Northern England.
(b) Near London.
(c) In downtown London.
(d) Near the shore.
5. When Maurice returns to campus, who calls him down to talk?
(a) The dean.
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maurice receive a prize for on his High School graduation day?
2. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Maurice think about Mr. Ducie?
3. What is Maurice's reaction to Mr. Ducie's talk?
4. What does Maurice's mother do to try to reach Maurice?
5. Whom does Maurice meet during a lunch with the Dean?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Clive collapses at the Halls', what does Maurice do unexpectedly? How does he explain this to his mother?
2. When Clive goes to Greece, what does he write to Maurice? What is Maurice's reaction to this letter?
3. Where does Maurice go to college? What does he discover about it? How does he feel about this?
4. In the beginning of the novel, what is Maurice's class doing? Why does Mr. Ducie want to speak with Maurice?
5. Who does Clive want to be alone with when he visits the Halls in Chapter 25? Why does he want this?
6. What is Maurice's reaction to Clive breaking up with him? What is the consequence of their argument?
7. When Mr. Ducie talks to Maurice in Chapter 1, what does he talk about? What does he do to help illustrate his point?
8. How old is Maurice when Mr. Ducie talks to him on the beach? What is Maurice's reaction to Mr. Ducie's talk?
9. Why does Clive make sure Maurice has a tiny room? What do they spend their nights doing?
10. What advice does Dr. Barry give Maurice? What does Dr. Barry get angry about?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)