|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maurice tell Durham he believes about in religion?
(a) The immaculate conception.
(b) The Trinity.
(c) The redemption.
(d) The crucifixion.
2. What does Maurice finally decide to do after Clive tells him to in Chapter 20?
(a) End their relationship.
(b) Bring in a nurse.
(c) Go to Greece with him.
(d) Send the nurse away.
3. What is Sunnington?
(a) Maurice's family home.
(b) Maurice's college.
(c) Maurice's high school.
(d) Maurice's prep school.
4. What does Clive become ill with after his bar exams?
(a) Scarlet Fever.
5. Where does Maurice meet Durham in Chapter 6?
(a) In the gardens.
(b) In Risley's room.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the cafeteria.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Maurice and Durham go without speaking in Chapter 10?
2. What does Durham tell Maurice to read over vacation?
3. Who is the first person Clive sees when he returns to the Hall home?
4. What do Clive and Maurice plan to do instead of going to class one day?
5. After the banquet in Chapter 21, where do Maurice and Clive go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Ada become engaged to? What does Maurice do after she becomes engaged?
2. What advice does Dr. Barry give Maurice? What does Dr. Barry get angry about?
3. When Mr. Ducie talks to Maurice in Chapter 1, what does he talk about? What does he do to help illustrate his point?
4. Whom does Maurice meet in Risley's room? What is he looking for?
5. When Clive calls Maurice, why is Maurice hurt? What does Maurice do in spite of these feelings?
6. Where does Maurice go to college? What does he discover about it? How does he feel about this?
7. How does Maurice find out about Clive's engagement? Whom does he meet that very same day?
8. What new thing did Maurice's grandfather invent? What is at the stem of this belief?
9. When Maurice returns home from Penge, what does his mother want him to do? What does he receive during this time?
10. When Durham finds out Maurice read the Symposium, what does he say to him? What is Maurice's reaction?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)