|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Ducie forget to do after their talk?
(a) Ask if Maurice understood.
(b) Erase the drawings in the sand.
(c) Give Maurice a hall pass.
(d) Take Maurice back to class.
2. Who is the author of the novel?
(a) E.M. Forster.
(b) E. B. White.
(c) E. M. Forrestrey.
(d) E. B. Cummings.
3. On Maurice's high school graduation day, what does Dr. Barry talk to him about?
4. What do Maurice and Durham talk about when they first meet?
(d) Their mothers.
5. At the end of Chapter 2, whom does Maurice think about?
(a) George, the servant boy.
(b) His mother.
(c) Kitty, his sister.
(d) Mr. Ducie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clive choose such a small room for Maurice when he visits?
2. Whom does Clive ask to go for a walk with in Chapter 25?
3. Who is the first person that Clive meets who is homosexual?
4. What is Maurice's reaction to Mr. Ducie's talk?
5. What moment ends the relationship between Maurice and Gladys?
Short Essay Questions
1. Over Easter Vacation, whom does Maurice date? Why does their relationship end?
2. What does Clive's mother question Maurice about? How does this affect Maurice?
3. Where does Maurice go to college? What does he discover about it? How does he feel about this?
4. Where does Maurice first go looking for Risley? Why doesn't Maurice want to go to Risley's room?
5. What does Durham tell Maurice about his Christmas vacation? What shocks Maurice about Durham at first?
6. What happens when Maurice and Clive decide to spend the day together? What is the consequence of this action?
7. Who does Clive want to be alone with when he visits the Halls in Chapter 25? Why does he want this?
8. Why does Clive make sure Maurice has a tiny room? What do they spend their nights doing?
9. What is the name of Clive's family home? How is Clive's family different from Maurice's?
10. Where does Maurice go to High School? Why is he uncomfortable there?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)