|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Ducie talk with Maurice about?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
2. Why does Mr. Ducie want to talk to Maurice in the first chapter?
(a) He wants to tell him about high school.
(b) He wants to tell him about his father.
(c) He wants to make sure he is ready to graduate.
(d) He wants to give him the "good talk".
3. After the banquet in Chapter 21, where do Maurice and Clive go?
(a) To Clive's apartment.
(b) To the Hall residence.
(c) To Penge.
(d) To Greece.
4. Who prompts a change in Clive in Chapter 24?
(a) Clive's mother.
(b) A Grecian woman.
(c) The nurse.
5. When Maurice returns from Christmas vacation, what does Durham tell him?
(a) He doesn't want to see him again.
(b) He is in love with him.
(c) He almost wrote him a letter.
(d) He missed him greatly.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Maurice's high school graduation day, what does Dr. Barry talk to him about?
2. Whom does Maurice ignore when he is with Clive?
3. Where does Maurice meet Durham in Chapter 6?
4. Where do Maurice and Clive travel together after Cambridge?
5. What does Clive become ill with after his bar exams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Dr. Barry give Maurice? What does Dr. Barry get angry about?
2. During a lunch with the Dean, whom does Maurice meet? What does he like about this person?
3. Whom does Maurice meet in Risley's room? What is he looking for?
4. Where do Clive and Maurice go after Cambridge? What night of the week does Maurice spend at Clive's apartment?
5. When Durham and Maurice talk, how do they sit? What does Maurice do to Durham?
6. How old is Maurice when he graduates from high school? What does Dr. Barry talk to him about on his graduation day?
7. When Clive comes back from Greece, where does he go first? Who is the first person he sees there?
8. What does Durham tell Maurice about his Christmas vacation? What shocks Maurice about Durham at first?
9. When Clive goes to Greece, what does he write to Maurice? What is Maurice's reaction to this letter?
10. When Mr. Ducie talks to Maurice in Chapter 1, what does he talk about? What does he do to help illustrate his point?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)