|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maurice finally decide to do after Clive tells him to in Chapter 20?
(a) Send the nurse away.
(b) Go to Greece with him.
(c) End their relationship.
(d) Bring in a nurse.
2. On Maurice's high school graduation day, what does Dr. Barry talk to him about?
3. What does Maurice tell Durham he believes about in religion?
(a) The crucifixion.
(b) The immaculate conception.
(c) The redemption.
(d) The Trinity.
4. When Maurice returns to campus, who calls him down to talk?
(b) His mother.
(d) The dean.
5. What happens to Maurice as a result of his impertinence?
(a) His mother takes him out of college.
(b) He is suspended from school.
(c) He flunks his classes.
(d) Clive breaks up with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main character's last name?
2. Whom does Maurice meet during a lunch with the Dean?
3. Where does Maurice meet Durham in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 9, when Durham firsts visits Maurice, what happens?
5. What does Durham tell Maurice to read over vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mr. Ducie talks to Maurice in Chapter 1, what does he talk about? What does he do to help illustrate his point?
2. What does the Dean ask Maurice to do? Why does he refuse? What is the consequence of this action?
3. In the beginning of the novel, what is Maurice's class doing? Why does Mr. Ducie want to speak with Maurice?
4. What does Durham consider a hypocrisy? What does he tell Maurice to read over vacation?
5. What is Maurice's reaction to Clive breaking up with him? What is the consequence of their argument?
6. What happens when Maurice and Clive decide to spend the day together? What is the consequence of this action?
7. How old is Maurice when Mr. Ducie talks to him on the beach? What is Maurice's reaction to Mr. Ducie's talk?
8. When Clive goes to Greece, what does he write to Maurice? What is Maurice's reaction to this letter?
9. When Durham and Maurice talk, how do they sit? What does Maurice do to Durham?
10. When does Clive fall out of love with Maurice? How does he react to Maurice after this?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)