|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Durham family home?
2. What is the outcome of Maurice and Durham's debates?
(a) Maurice comes out to his family.
(b) Maurice stops going to church.
(c) Maurice stops reading.
(d) Maurice switches political parties.
3. What do Clive and Maurice spend their nights doing?
(a) Making plans for their future together.
(c) Talking in the study.
(d) Riding horses.
4. Where does Mr. Ducie take Maurice to talk to him?
(a) To the infirmary.
(b) To the woods.
(c) To his office.
(d) To the beach.
5. What is Durham looking for?
(b) A borrowed sweater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maurice's reaction to Mr. Ducie's talk?
2. Where does Clive go after he recovers from his illness?
3. Why does Mr. Ducie want to talk to Maurice in the first chapter?
4. How old is Maurice when he graduates from high school?
5. Who is Dr. Barry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Dr. Barry give Maurice? What does Dr. Barry get angry about?
2. What is Maurice's reaction to Clive breaking up with him? What is the consequence of their argument?
3. What is the name of Clive's family home? How is Clive's family different from Maurice's?
4. How old is Maurice when he graduates from high school? What does Dr. Barry talk to him about on his graduation day?
5. When does Clive fall out of love with Maurice? How does he react to Maurice after this?
6. Where does Maurice first go looking for Risley? Why doesn't Maurice want to go to Risley's room?
7. What does Clive's mother question Maurice about? How does this affect Maurice?
8. Where does Maurice go to college? What does he discover about it? How does he feel about this?
9. What is different about the format of Chapter 12? What does this show?
10. What do Durham and Maurice debate about? What is the result of this debate?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)