|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that Alec is sailing on?
2. What percentage of patients does the hypnotist say are like Maurice?
3. What is Mr. Borenius' profession?
4. What does Scudder's father do for a living?
(a) He is a cobbler.
(b) He is a butcher.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a businessman.
5. Whom does Ada become engaged to?
(a) Dr. Barry.
6. When Clive arrives in Chapter 39, what does everyone have him do?
(a) Make a speech.
(c) Win the game.
(d) Umpire the game.
7. What does Maurice yell at Ada for after his fight with Clive?
(a) Corrupting his friend.
(b) Being a liar.
(c) Dating behind his back.
(d) Leading men on.
8. What is the principle belief that Maurice's grandfather holds?
(a) God is everywhere.
(b) God is in the sun.
(c) Man is a symbol of God.
(d) God is dead.
9. Whom does Maurice notice especially in Chapter 34?
(b) Miss Olcott.
10. What is Maurice's response to the telegram in Chapter 40?
11. Whom does Maurice see while he is meeting Alec in London?
(a) Mr. Ducie.
(c) Mr. Borenius.
(d) His mother.
12. What does Maurice want to tell his grandfather but cannot?
(a) His feelings for men.
(b) His treatment of his sisters.
(c) His atheism.
(d) His fight with Clive.
13. Where are Scudder and Maurice supposed to meet in London?
(a) The National Library.
(b) The Museum of Natural History.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) The British Museum.
14. What does Maurice learn about Tchaikovsky in Chapter 32?
(a) Tchaikovsky dressed as a woman.
(b) Tchaikovsky never married.
(c) Tchaikovsky hated homosexuality.
(d) Tchaikovsky fell in love with his nephew.
15. What engagement does Maurice abandon to stay with Alec in London?
(a) An opera.
(b) A company meeting.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A dinner party.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maurice first arrives at Penge in Chapter 34, who greets him?
2. What is uncharacteristic about the letters between Clive and Maurice in Chapter 26?
3. What does the telegram Scudder sends to Maurice in Chapter 40 say?
4. What does Lasker prescribe Maurice in Chapter 42?
5. What does Alec's letter in Chapter 42 scold Maurice for?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)