|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose information does Risley give Maurice in Chapter 32?
(a) His own address.
(b) Miss Olcott's number.
(c) Clive's address.
(d) A doctor who cures homosexuality.
2. What is the name of the guest that shares Maurice's carriage in Chapter 36?
(a) Archibald Cox.
(b) Archie London.
(c) Archie Hickcox.
(d) Art Randolph.
3. Whom does Maurice notice especially in Chapter 34?
(c) Miss Olcott.
4. What is the name of the rector who visits Penge at the same time as Maurice?
(a) Mr. Borenius.
(b) Mr. Boris.
(c) Mr. Cornelius.
(d) Mr. Boronus.
5. What is the principle belief that Maurice's grandfather holds?
(a) God is in the sun.
(b) God is dead.
(c) God is everywhere.
(d) Man is a symbol of God.
6. What does Clive do that makes Maurice shudder in Chapter 35?
(a) Yells at him.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Smiles at him.
(d) Kisses him.
7. How does Scudder get into Maurice's room?
(a) A ladder.
(b) A secret passage.
(c) Through the door.
(d) Scaling the wall.
8. What is the name of the ship that Alec is sailing on?
9. What does Lasker prescribe Maurice in Chapter 42?
(a) Going on a date with a girl.
(b) Staying in bed.
(c) Fresh air and exercise.
(d) Getting married to a woman.
10. What is Maurice's response to the telegram in Chapter 40?
11. After Maurice sees the hypnotist, where does he return to?
(c) His family home.
12. What does the telegram Scudder sends to Maurice in Chapter 40 say?
(a) Don't tell my secret.
(b) Come back to Penge.
(c) I love you.
(d) Come with me to Argentina.
13. What does Alec assume brought Maurice to find him at the end of the novel?
(a) Their love.
(b) Mr. Borenius.
(c) His brother.
(d) His telegram.
14. What composer's music is featured in the opera in Chapter 32?
15. What does Dr. Barry tell Maurice about his troubles?
(a) They will never go away.
(b) They are rubbish.
(c) He never guessed Maurice had these troubles.
(d) He needs to go to a psychiatrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maurice begin to contemplate after his fight with Clive?
2. What does Maurice want to tell his grandfather but cannot?
3. What is Ada's response to her and Maurice's talk in Chapter 28?
4. When Clive arrives in Chapter 39, what does everyone have him do?
5. When Clive calls Maurice, how many of Clive's friends does his fiancée say she had talked to?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)