|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 42, whom does Alec say he has spoken to in his letter?
(a) Mrs. Durham.
(b) Mr. Borenius.
2. What is the name of the rector who visits Penge at the same time as Maurice?
(a) Mr. Boris.
(b) Mr. Cornelius.
(c) Mr. Boronus.
(d) Mr. Borenius.
3. What word does Maurice use to describe his relationship with Dickie?
4. What does Maurice give up in order to play football with the youths of the College Settlement?
(a) Lunch breaks.
5. What is the weather like when Maurice goes to meet Alec in London?
6. What phrase does Maurice's father repeat on his deathbed?
(a) The stars above.
(b) Into space.
(c) God and the sun.
(d) The light within.
7. What is uncharacteristic about the letters between Clive and Maurice in Chapter 26?
(a) They are full of lies.
(b) They are passionate.
(c) They do not write letters to each other.
(d) They are unemotional.
8. What composer's music is featured in the opera in Chapter 32?
9. What makes Maurice anxious in Chapter 38?
(a) The servant finds footprints.
(b) He is not anxious.
(c) His door is locked.
(d) Maurice's window is open.
10. What is the name of the ship that Alec is sailing on?
11. What does Maurice decide to do before dinner in Chapter 34?
(a) Speak to Scudder.
(b) Leave Penge.
(c) Talk to Clive.
(d) Set up an appointment with the doctor.
12. Whose information does Risley give Maurice in Chapter 32?
(a) A doctor who cures homosexuality.
(b) His own address.
(c) Clive's address.
(d) Miss Olcott's number.
13. When Alec does not make his boat, where does Maurice go to find him?
(a) The hotel.
(b) His father's house.
(c) The woods.
(d) The boathouse.
14. When Maurice returns to Lasker for his second treatment, what goes wrong?
(a) He keeps thinking of Alec.
(b) He is violently ill.
(c) He is unable to be hypnotized.
(d) He has feelings for Lasker.
15. What does Maurice begin to contemplate after his fight with Clive?
(b) His own sexuality.
(c) The meaning of life.
(d) Clive's relationship with Ada.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the guest that shares Maurice's carriage in Chapter 36?
2. From whom does Maurice learn about Clive's engagement?
3. What does Maurice want to tell his grandfather but cannot?
4. What does Lasker recommend to Maurice in Chapter 41?
5. What does Maurice expect will happen between him and Clive?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)