|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Chapter 12?
(a) It is told from Clive's perspective.
(b) It is written without punctuation.
(c) Maurice narrates it.
(d) There is an omniscient narrator.
2. On Maurice's high school graduation day, what does Dr. Barry talk to him about?
3. Where does Maurice's mother live?
(a) Near the shore.
(b) Northern England.
(c) Near London.
(d) In downtown London.
4. Where does Mr. Ducie take Maurice to talk to him?
(a) To his office.
(b) To the beach.
(c) To the woods.
(d) To the infirmary.
5. Who is the first person Clive sees when he returns to the Hall home?
(a) Mrs. Hall.
6. What does Clive try to dissuade Maurice from doing in Chapter 21?
(a) Spending the night at his apartment.
(b) Going home with his family.
(c) Working at the firm.
(d) Coming to Greece with him.
7. What is the outcome of Maurice and Durham's debates?
(a) Maurice switches political parties.
(b) Maurice comes out to his family.
(c) Maurice stops reading.
(d) Maurice stops going to church.
8. In Chapter 2, what is Maurice's second dream about?
(b) A friend.
(c) His dog.
9. What night does Maurice spend at Clive's each week?
10. When the novel begins, how old is Maurice?
11. What is the name of the preparatory schoolmaster?
(a) Mr. Reed.
(b) Mr. Ducie.
(c) Mr. Conroy.
(d) Mr. Abrahams.
12. Why does Mr. Ducie want to talk to Maurice in the first chapter?
(a) He wants to tell him about his father.
(b) He wants to tell him about high school.
(c) He wants to make sure he is ready to graduate.
(d) He wants to give him the "good talk".
13. In Chapter 1, what are Maurice and his class doing?
(a) Going to the auditorium.
(b) Taking a walk.
(c) They are at recess.
(d) Reading in a classroom.
14. In Chapter 7, what do Durham and Maurice debate about?
15. What is Durham's response when Maurice tells him he loves him?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He laughs and leaves the room.
(c) He goes into Maurice's arms.
(d) He hits Maurice.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Clive and Maurice meet for lunch, what is their reaction?
2. What is the main character's last name?
3. Where does Clive go after he recovers from his illness?
4. Who is Gladys Olcott?
5. What moment ends the relationship between Maurice and Gladys?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)