|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maurice tell Durham he believes about in religion?
(a) The redemption.
(b) The immaculate conception.
(c) The Trinity.
(d) The crucifixion.
2. Why does Clive choose such a small room for Maurice when he visits?
(a) There is a better view from that room.
(b) It is connected to Clive's room.
(c) Clive has no authority over the choice of room.
(d) He wants Maurice to be comfortable.
3. What does Maurice finally decide to do after Clive tells him to in Chapter 20?
(a) Send the nurse away.
(b) Go to Greece with him.
(c) Bring in a nurse.
(d) End their relationship.
4. What does Maurice receive a prize for on his High School graduation day?
(a) Reciting a sonnet.
(b) Playing the piano.
(c) Reciting a Greek Oration.
(d) Singing a song.
5. What do we learn about Clive in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) He is very religious.
(b) He is planning to run away.
(c) He hates his mother.
(d) He worries about his family often.
6. What do Clive and Maurice plan to do instead of going to class one day?
(a) Go home.
(b) Go to the beach.
(c) Ride out to the country.
(d) Stay in bed.
7. Who is Dr. Barry?
(a) Maurice's father.
(b) A family friend.
(c) The family doctor.
(d) A suitor of Maurice's mother.
8. What is Durham's response when Maurice tells him he loves him?
(a) He hits Maurice.
(b) He goes into Maurice's arms.
(c) He laughs and leaves the room.
(d) He begins to cry.
9. What is different about Chapter 12?
(a) There is an omniscient narrator.
(b) It is written without punctuation.
(c) It is told from Clive's perspective.
(d) Maurice narrates it.
10. When Maurice returns from Christmas vacation, what does Durham tell him?
(a) He doesn't want to see him again.
(b) He almost wrote him a letter.
(c) He is in love with him.
(d) He missed him greatly.
11. At the end of Chapter 2, whom does Maurice think about?
(a) Mr. Ducie.
(b) His mother.
(c) George, the servant boy.
(d) Kitty, his sister.
12. What about Clive's letter angers Maurice?
(a) His curtness.
(b) His failure to write back in a timely manner.
(c) His overflowing love.
(d) His overuse of flowery language.
13. Whom does Maurice ignore when he is with Clive?
(a) His mother.
(c) The Dean.
(d) Dr. Barry.
14. In Chapter 7, what do Durham and Maurice debate about?
15. What does Maurice do to Clive in Chapter 20 without thinking?
(a) Says he hates living at home.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Yells at him.
(d) Says he is homosexual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Ducie talk with Maurice about?
2. Finish this line from Chapter 12: "But _____ meant so much to him he forgot that they were a bewilderment to others."
3. In Chapter 10, what happens one night when Maurice goes to bed?
4. What is the name of the Durham family home?
5. How old is Maurice when he goes to visit Clive and his family?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)