|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clive become ill with after his bar exams?
(a) Scarlet Fever.
2. What advice does Dr. Barry give Maurice?
(a) He should travel the world.
(b) He should become a writer.
(c) He should go back to college.
(d) He should find a woman.
3. How old is Maurice when he graduates from high school?
4. What does Maurice write back to Clive in Chapter 23?
(a) "We shall see upon your arrival."
(b) "I don't want to see you either."
(c) "You may never date Ada."
(d) "I am coming to meet you in Greece."
5. Why does Mr. Ducie want to talk to Maurice in the first chapter?
(a) He wants to give him the "good talk".
(b) He wants to tell him about high school.
(c) He wants to make sure he is ready to graduate.
(d) He wants to tell him about his father.
6. In Chapter 2, what is Maurice's first dream about?
(b) Dr. Barry.
(c) Mr. Ducie.
(d) His father.
7. Whom does Maurice meet during a lunch with the Dean?
(c) The Dean's wife.
8. When Maurice goes home for Easter vacation, what does he tell his mother?
(a) He is not going to work in his father's firm.
(b) He is not going to go back to college.
(c) He no longer goes to church.
(d) He is in love with Durham.
9. When the novel begins, how old is Maurice?
10. What is the outcome of Maurice and Durham's debates?
(a) Maurice stops going to church.
(b) Maurice switches political parties.
(c) Maurice comes out to his family.
(d) Maurice stops reading.
11. In Chapter 2, who does Maurice's mother say Maurice reminded Mr. Abrahams of?
(a) His father.
(b) A politician.
(c) A famous writer.
(d) Mr. Ducie.
12. What does Mr. Ducie talk with Maurice about?
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
13. What does Maurice finally decide to do after Clive tells him to in Chapter 20?
(a) Send the nurse away.
(b) Bring in a nurse.
(c) End their relationship.
(d) Go to Greece with him.
14. When Clive and Maurice meet for lunch, what is their reaction?
(a) They are sad to be so far apart.
(b) They have a great time together.
(c) They don't feel anything for one another.
(d) They are uncomfortable.
15. Whom does Clive ask to go for a walk with in Chapter 25?
(d) Mrs. Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Maurice's high school graduation day, what does Dr. Barry talk to him about?
2. What is the name of the Durham family home?
3. What does Maurice insist on doing for Clive when he falls ill?
4. What is Maurice's signal that Durham loves him as well?
5. What does Clive write to Maurice in Chapter 22?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)