|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prompts a change in Clive in Chapter 24?
(a) A Grecian woman.
(b) Clive's mother.
(d) The nurse.
2. What is Maurice's reaction to Durham after he reads the Symposium?
(a) He is angry at Durham for getting engaged.
(b) He is harsh and says men don't feel that way.
(c) He is angry at Durham for having such a position.
(d) He falls into Durham's arms.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 6, where does Maurice go to find Risley?
(a) The Union.
(b) The emporium.
(c) The quad.
(d) Study Hall.
4. What do Clive and Maurice do when the motorbike breaks down?
(a) Walk back to campus.
(b) Eat lunch.
(c) Call for help.
(d) Go swimming.
5. How old is Maurice when he graduates from high school?
6. At the end of Chapter 6, what does Maurice wake up with?
(a) Durham's song stuck in his head.
(b) A black eye.
(c) A cold.
7. What is different about Chapter 12?
(a) It is written without punctuation.
(b) It is told from Clive's perspective.
(c) Maurice narrates it.
(d) There is an omniscient narrator.
8. What does Durham tell Maurice to read over vacation?
(b) Dante's Inferno.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Symposium.
9. What does Maurice insist on doing for Clive when he falls ill?
(a) Caring for him.
(b) Bringing in a nurse.
(c) Getting a doctor.
(d) Taking him to the hospital.
10. Whom does Maurice ignore when he is with Clive?
(a) His mother.
(c) Dr. Barry.
(d) The Dean.
11. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Maurice think about Mr. Ducie?
(a) He is a wonderful man.
(b) He is a liar.
(c) He is cruel.
(d) He wishes Mr. Ducie was his father.
12. What does Maurice do to Clive in Chapter 20 without thinking?
(a) Yells at him.
(b) Says he hates living at home.
(c) Says he is homosexual.
(d) Kisses him.
13. In Chapter 1, what are Maurice and his class doing?
(a) Taking a walk.
(b) Going to the auditorium.
(c) Reading in a classroom.
(d) They are at recess.
14. What does Clive do with Maurice's letter in Chapter 23?
(a) Rips it up.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Cries over it.
(d) Doesn't ever open it.
15. Finish this line from Chapter 12: "But _____ meant so much to him he forgot that they were a bewilderment to others."
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Maurice when he goes to visit Clive and his family?
2. What advice does Dr. Barry give Maurice?
3. What is the novel dedicated to?
4. What does Clive become ill with after his bar exams?
5. Where does Maurice's mother live?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)