|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, whom does Maurice think about?
(a) George, the servant boy.
(b) Mr. Ducie.
(c) His mother.
(d) Kitty, his sister.
2. What does Maurice tell Durham he believes about in religion?
(a) The Trinity.
(b) The crucifixion.
(c) The immaculate conception.
(d) The redemption.
3. Where does Clive go after he recovers from his illness?
(c) The Halls'.
4. What makes Maurice sad about Clive when he visits Clive's family?
(a) Clive crumbles under pressure from his family.
(b) Clive's family looks down on Maurice.
(c) Clive's family are not friendly people.
(d) Clive wants to produce an heir.
5. What does Mr. Ducie forget to do after their talk?
(a) Erase the drawings in the sand.
(b) Take Maurice back to class.
(c) Give Maurice a hall pass.
(d) Ask if Maurice understood.
6. What do Clive and Maurice do when the motorbike breaks down?
(a) Go swimming.
(b) Eat lunch.
(c) Call for help.
(d) Walk back to campus.
7. What is Maurice's reaction to Mr. Ducie's talk?
8. What is the first sentence of Chapter 11?
(a) "From this crisis Maurice became stronger".
(b) "After this crisis Maurice became a man".
(c) "Removed from this crisis, Maurice became cynical".
(d) "After this crisis Maurice never recovered".
9. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Maurice think about Mr. Ducie?
(a) He is cruel.
(b) He wishes Mr. Ducie was his father.
(c) He is a wonderful man.
(d) He is a liar.
10. When Clive and Maurice meet for lunch, what is their reaction?
(a) They have a great time together.
(b) They are sad to be so far apart.
(c) They are uncomfortable.
(d) They don't feel anything for one another.
11. How old is Maurice when he graduates from high school?
12. Whom does Maurice meet during a lunch with the Dean?
(d) The Dean's wife.
13. Whom does Maurice ignore when he is with Clive?
(b) His mother.
(c) The Dean.
(d) Dr. Barry.
14. In the beginning of Chapter 6, where does Maurice go to find Risley?
(a) The Union.
(b) The emporium.
(c) Study Hall.
(d) The quad.
15. What does Clive do with Maurice's letter in Chapter 23?
(a) Cries over it.
(b) Rips it up.
(c) Doesn't ever open it.
(d) Burns it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maurice write back to Clive in Chapter 23?
2. Who is Gladys Olcott?
3. In Chapter 2, what is Maurice's second dream about?
4. Whom does Clive ask to go for a walk with in Chapter 25?
5. In Chapter 10, what happens one night when Maurice goes to bed?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)