|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 31-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maurice want to tell his grandfather but cannot?
(a) His atheism.
(b) His feelings for men.
(c) His fight with Clive.
(d) His treatment of his sisters.
2. What moment ends the relationship between Maurice and Gladys?
(a) When Maurice won't stop paying her compliments.
(b) When Maurice tries to kiss her.
(c) When Maurice starts talking about Durham.
(d) When Maurice holds her hand.
3. In Chapter 1, what are Maurice and his class doing?
(a) Reading in a classroom.
(b) They are at recess.
(c) Taking a walk.
(d) Going to the auditorium.
4. In Chapter 2, what is Maurice's second dream about?
(a) A friend.
(b) His dog.
5. How does Maurice make amends with Kitty?
(a) He goes with her to a play.
(b) He sends her to school.
(c) He allows her to date.
(d) He and Kitty take walks together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Ducie take Maurice to talk to him?
2. What do Clive and Maurice plan to do instead of going to class one day?
3. What does Maurice do to Clive in Chapter 20 without thinking?
4. At the end of Chapter 6, what does Maurice hope?
5. When does Maurice visit Penge in Chapter 34?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)