|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the outcome of Maurice and Durham's debates?
(a) Maurice stops reading.
(b) Maurice switches political parties.
(c) Maurice stops going to church.
(d) Maurice comes out to his family.
2. What is the novel dedicated to?
(a) "A better year".
(b) "A freer society".
(c) "A life without rules".
(d) "A better life".
3. In Chapter 7, what do Durham and Maurice debate about?
4. What is Maurice's reaction to Mr. Ducie's talk?
5. What is the first sentence of Chapter 11?
(a) "From this crisis Maurice became stronger".
(b) "After this crisis Maurice became a man".
(c) "Removed from this crisis, Maurice became cynical".
(d) "After this crisis Maurice never recovered".
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Maurice when he goes to visit Clive and his family?
2. What does Clive like about Maurice?
3. When the novel begins, how old is Maurice?
4. What do Clive and Maurice do when the motorbike breaks down?
5. Who arrived on the same train as Maurice to visit the Durhams?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)