|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Maurice goes home for Easter vacation, what does he tell his mother?
(a) He is not going to work in his father's firm.
(b) He no longer goes to church.
(c) He is in love with Durham.
(d) He is not going to go back to college.
2. How long do Maurice and Durham go without speaking in Chapter 10?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Two days.
(c) A whole semester.
(d) A week.
3. What do we learn about Clive in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) He hates his mother.
(b) He worries about his family often.
(c) He is very religious.
(d) He is planning to run away.
4. What does Durham tell Maurice about his Christmas vacation?
(a) He got into a fight with his mother.
(b) He thought of Maurice the entire time.
(c) His family found out he was gay.
(d) He is never going home again.
5. What makes Maurice sad about Clive when he visits Clive's family?
(a) Clive wants to produce an heir.
(b) Clive's family are not friendly people.
(c) Clive crumbles under pressure from his family.
(d) Clive's family looks down on Maurice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Clive and Maurice do when the motorbike breaks down?
2. What is the first sentence of Chapter 11?
3. Why does Mr. Ducie want to talk to Maurice in the first chapter?
4. What is Maurice's reaction to Durham after he reads the Symposium?
5. What is the name of the Durham family home?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)