|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What moment ends the relationship between Maurice and Gladys?
(a) When Maurice won't stop paying her compliments.
(b) When Maurice starts talking about Durham.
(c) When Maurice tries to kiss her.
(d) When Maurice holds her hand.
2. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Maurice think about Mr. Ducie?
(a) He is a wonderful man.
(b) He is a liar.
(c) He wishes Mr. Ducie was his father.
(d) He is cruel.
3. Who is Gladys Olcott?
(a) A friend of Ada's.
(b) Maurice's cousin.
(c) The Dean's daughter.
(d) Their neighbor.
4. Where does Mr. Ducie take Maurice to talk to him?
(a) To the beach.
(b) To his office.
(c) To the woods.
(d) To the infirmary.
5. When Maurice goes home for Easter vacation, what does he tell his mother?
(a) He is not going to go back to college.
(b) He no longer goes to church.
(c) He is in love with Durham.
(d) He is not going to work in his father's firm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maurice receive a prize for on his High School graduation day?
2. What do Maurice and Durham talk about when they first meet?
3. What intimate thing does Maurice do to Durham?
4. Why does Mr. Ducie want to talk to Maurice in the first chapter?
5. After Maurice tells Durham he read the Symposium, what does Durham do?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)