|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Maurice think about Mr. Ducie?
(a) He is cruel.
(b) He wishes Mr. Ducie was his father.
(c) He is a wonderful man.
(d) He is a liar.
2. At the end of Chapter 6, what does Maurice hope?
(a) For Durham to leave him alone.
(b) For Durham not to tell anyone he was looking for Risley.
(c) For Durham not to tell anyone about their meeting.
(d) For Durham to like him little by little.
3. Who is Dr. Barry?
(a) A family friend.
(b) A suitor of Maurice's mother.
(c) Maurice's father.
(d) The family doctor.
4. Why does Mr. Ducie want to talk to Maurice in the first chapter?
(a) He wants to give him the "good talk".
(b) He wants to tell him about his father.
(c) He wants to make sure he is ready to graduate.
(d) He wants to tell him about high school.
5. What does Mr. Ducie forget to do after their talk?
(a) Ask if Maurice understood.
(b) Take Maurice back to class.
(c) Erase the drawings in the sand.
(d) Give Maurice a hall pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the novel dedicated to?
2. In Chapter 2, what is Maurice's first dream about?
3. In Chapter 2, what is Maurice's second dream about?
4. What is the main character's last name?
5. At the end of Chapter 6, what does Maurice wake up with?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)