|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first sentence of Chapter 11?
(a) "Removed from this crisis, Maurice became cynical".
(b) "After this crisis Maurice became a man".
(c) "After this crisis Maurice never recovered".
(d) "From this crisis Maurice became stronger".
2. Who is Gladys Olcott?
(a) Maurice's cousin.
(b) The Dean's daughter.
(c) Their neighbor.
(d) A friend of Ada's.
3. What is Maurice's signal that Durham loves him as well?
(a) Durham starts crying and telling him no.
(b) Durham winks as he leaves the room.
(c) Durham starts singing to him.
(d) He hears Durham cry his name in his sleep.
4. At the end of Chapter 6, what does Maurice wake up with?
(a) A cold.
(c) Durham's song stuck in his head.
(d) A black eye.
5. Who is the author of the novel?
(a) E. M. Forrestrey.
(b) E. B. Cummings.
(c) E.M. Forster.
(d) E. B. White.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, who does Maurice's mother say Maurice reminded Mr. Abrahams of?
2. On Maurice's high school graduation day, what does Dr. Barry talk to him about?
3. What is the novel dedicated to?
4. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Maurice think about Mr. Ducie?
5. What does Mr. Ducie forget to do after their talk?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)