|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the novel begins, how old is Maurice?
2. What does Maurice receive a prize for on his High School graduation day?
(a) Reciting a sonnet.
(b) Reciting a Greek Oration.
(c) Playing the piano.
(d) Singing a song.
3. What is the outcome of Maurice and Durham's debates?
(a) Maurice switches political parties.
(b) Maurice stops reading.
(c) Maurice comes out to his family.
(d) Maurice stops going to church.
4. Whom does Maurice meet during a lunch with the Dean?
(c) The Dean's wife.
5. At the end of Chapter 2, whom does Maurice think about?
(a) Mr. Ducie.
(b) George, the servant boy.
(c) His mother.
(d) Kitty, his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maurice's signal that Durham loves him as well?
2. In Chapter 2, what is Maurice's second dream about?
3. In Chapter 9, when Durham firsts visits Maurice, what happens?
4. When Maurice returns from Christmas vacation, what does Durham tell him?
5. What does Mr. Ducie talk with Maurice about?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)