|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Maurice meet during a lunch with the Dean?
(c) The Dean's wife.
2. What is the name of the preparatory schoolmaster?
(a) Mr. Ducie.
(b) Mr. Conroy.
(c) Mr. Abrahams.
(d) Mr. Reed.
3. What does Durham tell Maurice to read over vacation?
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Symposium.
(d) Dante's Inferno.
4. After Maurice tells Durham he read the Symposium, what does Durham do?
(a) Says that he is engaged to a girl back home.
(b) Has a lively debate with Maurice about the piece.
(c) Leaves Maurice alone.
(d) Tells Maurice he loves him.
5. What is the outcome of Maurice and Durham's debates?
(a) Maurice switches political parties.
(b) Maurice comes out to his family.
(c) Maurice stops going to church.
(d) Maurice stops reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gladys Olcott?
2. What is Maurice's reaction to Mr. Ducie's talk?
3. When Maurice goes home for Easter vacation, what does he tell his mother?
4. Where does Maurice go to college?
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Maurice think about Mr. Ducie?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)