|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Maurice goes home for Easter vacation, what does he tell his mother?
(a) He no longer goes to church.
(b) He is not going to work in his father's firm.
(c) He is in love with Durham.
(d) He is not going to go back to college.
2. What is the name of the preparatory schoolmaster?
(a) Mr. Abrahams.
(b) Mr. Conroy.
(c) Mr. Reed.
(d) Mr. Ducie.
3. Why does Clive choose such a small room for Maurice when he visits?
(a) He wants Maurice to be comfortable.
(b) It is connected to Clive's room.
(c) Clive has no authority over the choice of room.
(d) There is a better view from that room.
4. What does Mr. Ducie forget to do after their talk?
(a) Ask if Maurice understood.
(b) Erase the drawings in the sand.
(c) Take Maurice back to class.
(d) Give Maurice a hall pass.
5. What do Clive and Maurice spend their nights doing?
(b) Making plans for their future together.
(c) Talking in the study.
(d) Riding horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Clive and Maurice plan to do instead of going to class one day?
2. What happens to Maurice as a result of his impertinence?
3. What does Mr. Ducie talk with Maurice about?
4. On Maurice's high school graduation day, what does Dr. Barry talk to him about?
5. What moment ends the relationship between Maurice and Gladys?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)