Part 1, Chapters 1-5
1. Who is the author of the novel?
(a) E. B. Cummings.
(b) E.M. Forster.
(c) E. B. White.
(d) E. M. Forrestrey.
2. What is the novel dedicated to?
(a) "A better life".
(b) "A life without rules".
(c) "A better year".
(d) "A freer society".
3. What is the main character's last name?
4. When the novel begins, how old is Maurice?
5. In Chapter 1, what are Maurice and his class doing?
(a) Reading in a classroom.
(b) Taking a walk.
(c) They are at recess.
(d) Going to the auditorium.
6. What is the name of the preparatory schoolmaster?
(a) Mr. Conroy.
(b) Mr. Reed.
(c) Mr. Abrahams.
(d) Mr. Ducie.
7. Why does Mr. Ducie want to talk to Maurice in the first chapter?
(a) He wants to tell him about his father.
(b) He wants to tell him about high school.
(c) He wants to give him the "good talk".
(d) He wants to make sure he is ready to graduate.
This section contains 4,064 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)