1. Who is the author of the novel?
(a) E. B. White.
(b) E. M. Forrestrey.
(c) E. B. Cummings.
(d) E.M. Forster.
2. What is the novel dedicated to?
(a) "A better life".
(b) "A life without rules".
(c) "A freer society".
(d) "A better year".
3. What is the main character's last name?
4. When the novel begins, how old is Maurice?
5. In Chapter 1, what are Maurice and his class doing?
(a) Taking a walk.
(b) Going to the auditorium.
(c) Reading in a classroom.
(d) They are at recess.
6. What is the name of the preparatory schoolmaster?
(a) Mr. Conroy.
(b) Mr. Ducie.
(c) Mr. Abrahams.
(d) Mr. Reed.
7. Why does Mr. Ducie want to talk to Maurice in the first chapter?
(a) He wants to tell him about high school.
(b) He wants to tell him about his father.
(c) He wants to make sure he is ready to graduate.
(d) He wants to give him the "good talk".
This section contains 4,064 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)