|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mission does the narrator go on with Nelson's gun?
(a) To destroy the gun.
(b) To kill lions.
(c) To kill snakes.
(d) To kill vervets.
2. What prevents the narrator from attending the public debate on time?
(a) A terrible headache.
(b) A deep cut on her hand.
(c) An injured leg.
(d) A terrible stomach ache.
3. Who does the narrator ask to take her donkey back from the community in order to go get Nelson?
(c) Mma Isang.
4. How many horses are in Tsau?
5. Who supports Nelson's ideas about guns in the village?
(c) Mma Isang.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pretends to faint in order to stop the argument during the debate?
2. A direct confrontation develops between which two people as result of the debate?
3. Who does the narrator go to in order to get Nelson out of Tsau?
4. What illness overtakes Nelson for forty-eight hours?
5. Who makes the statement "Time is an ape"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator react when Nelson shows her a political diagram of the women in the village? Why? How does Nelson react? Why? Are their reactions characteristic of them?
2. What weighs heavily on the narrator's mind about her and Nelson's relationship? Why?
3. How does Nelson feel about the men in Tsau?
4. What does the narrator do the first time Nelson invites her to his house? Is this unexpected?
5. How does the narrator feel about her decision regarding whether or not to stay in Tsau?
6. Why does the scheduled debate over God bother the narrator so much? How does Nelson feel?
7. What requests does Dineo make of the narrator in order for her to be able to take Nelson to Gaborone?
8. What changes do we see in Nelson and the narrator as a result of Nelson's malaria?
9. Why does the narrator become so frustrated when she has Nelson back in Gaborone? What does this frustration lead her to?
10. How does the village react to Nelson and the narrator becoming a couple? What happens that night?
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)