|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is elected to the Mother Committee's second chair?
(c) The narrator.
2. Who makes the statement "Time is an ape"?
(a) Nelson Denoon.
(c) The narrator.
3. Who does the narrator pour her heart out to when she is upset?
(d) Mma Isang.
4. Why do the villagers disagree with Nelson's insistence on hand washing and sanitation?
(a) Because they are not familiar with it, nor do they understand it.
(b) They do not like using the unfamiliar soaps.
(c) They believe it is a waste of time.
(d) It is against their religious beliefs.
5. What parts of the snakes are valuable in Tsau?
(b) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nelson plan to go to bring stability back to Tsau?
2. How do Harold Mace and Julia Rodden arrive in Tsau?
3. What does Dorcas accuse Nelson of the night he and the narrator argue?
4. What political action do a couple of women ask the narrator to take?
5. What racist belief does the narrator's mother hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator become so frustrated when she has Nelson back in Gaborone? What does this frustration lead her to?
2. Why does the narrator leave the villager's presentation of Lamentations of Women?
3. How does Nelson feel about the men in Tsau?
4. There continues to be social unrest in Tsau. The village is now split regarding the presence of the night men. What does the narrator learn about the disagreement? How does she feel about it?
5. What are some of the issues that Nelson Denoon and the narrator debate and discuss?
6. What changes do we see in Nelson and the narrator as a result of Nelson's malaria?
7. Describe two of the political happenings in Chapter Six. What is their significance?
8. The narrator is strongly against Nelson's trip to Tikwe. Why? What literary tool could the author be using in this section?
9. How does Nelson react to the arrival of Harold Mace and Julia Rodden in Tsau?
10. What happens when the narrator invites Harold and Julia to their home for dinner?
This section contains 1,387 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)