|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A direct confrontation develops between which two people as result of the debate?
(a) Dorcas and Dineo.
(b) Hector and the narrator.
(c) Nelson and Dorcas.
(d) Nelson and Hector.
2. What things have changed in Nelson's home between the time the narrator goes in to snoop and the first time Nelson invites her over?
(a) Furniture has been added.
(b) It has been cleaned up.
(c) A water storage tank has been added to the tub.
(d) All of these.
3. What kind of new project does Nelson Denoon propose?
(a) Something to outlaw bank secrecy.
(b) Something to outlaw secret bank accounts.
(c) All of these.
(d) An essay against violence.
4. Who pulls the villagers together to put on a performance?
(a) Nelson Denoon.
(b) Mma Isang.
(d) The narrator.
5. Where does Nelson plan to go to bring stability back to Tsau?
(a) The squatter settlement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who organizes the night men in Tsau?
2. What does Nelson's reaction to the narrator's attempts to cheer him up bring to the narrator's mind?
3. What fact do a couple of women ask the narrator to confirm?
4. What parts of the snakes are valuable in Tsau?
5. Who does the narrator pour her heart out to when she is upset?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator leave the villager's presentation of Lamentations of Women?
2. What weighs heavily on the narrator's mind about her and Nelson's relationship? Why?
3. What are some of the issues that Nelson Denoon and the narrator debate and discuss?
4. What argument do Nelson and the narrator have the day after the debate? Why is this significant?
5. Why does the narrator become so frustrated when she has Nelson back in Gaborone? What does this frustration lead her to?
6. Why does the scheduled debate over God bother the narrator so much? How does Nelson feel?
7. Why are the villagers against hand washing and sanitation?
8. How does the narrator feel after Nelson is found in the desert and back in Tsau? What does this mean for their future?
9. How are children born in Tsau? How does the narrator react to the birthing process?
10. What upsets Nelson about the growing amount of bartering with Basarwa, a nearby settlement? What items does he not like?
This section contains 1,312 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)