|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator travel the second leg, the last 100 miles, of her trip to Tsau?
(a) On horseback.
(b) On camels.
(c) None of these.
(d) On foot.
2. What activity do the narrator and Nelson do together around the village?
(a) They share meals together.
(b) They check livestock.
(c) They take walks together.
(d) They find uses for new inventions.
3. Who do the homesteads belong to in Tsau?
(a) Men of the village.
(b) Women of the village.
(c) The Mother Committee.
(d) Nelson Denoon.
4. Where does Nelson ask the narrator to have dinner when he returns to Tsau?
(a) The rondavel.
(b) Mma Isang's house.
(c) His house.
(d) The narrator's house.
5. How does Nelson Denoon react to the narrator's arrival in Tsau?
(a) He is happy to see her.
(b) He is angry at her for coming.
(c) He pretends he doesn't know her.
(d) He is surprised and disappointed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nelson Denoon doing when the narrator and Grace find him at the party?
2. What does the narrator realize is part of Grace's problem at the party?
3. Who does the narrator believe "Z" knows secrets about?
4. Who does the narrator learn about a party from where she may meet Nelson Denoon?
5. How long does the narrator plan to rest in Gaborone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dineo question about the narrator's cover story after the narrator has been in Tsau for a few days and why?
2. Who is Martin Wade and what relationship does the narrator share with him?
3. What does the narrator pretend to be when she enters Tsau? Why?
4. How does the author depict the relationship between Grace and Nelson Denoon? How does the reader know this?
5. Who is "Z" and what relationship does the narrator share with him?
6. There are disagreements as to whether or not Nelson and the narrator should be a couple. Describe the feelings on this subject in the village.
7. Nelson leaves Tsau on retreat for four days. Why doesn't he tell the narrator why or where he is going? How does the narrator react?
8. What feelings does the narrator have as a result of visiting Victoria Falls with Giles? Why?
9. What happens when the narrator is summoned before the Mother Committee? What must she do to stay in Tsau?
10. What does the narrator notice as she approaches Tsau? What memories does it evoke?
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)