|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator attend some childbirths in the birthing house?
(a) To prepare for her own birthing experience.
(b) To improve her midwifery skills.
(c) To bless the children as they are born.
(d) To represent Nelson, who is not allowed in.
2. What mission does the narrator go on with Nelson's gun?
(a) To kill snakes.
(b) To kill lions.
(c) To destroy the gun.
(d) To kill vervets.
3. How long is Nelson imprisoned after the accusations are made against him?
(a) One day.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Twelve hours.
4. What illness overtakes the narrator after Nelson has recovered?
(a) Stomach flu.
5. Who has the gun checked out for a supposed lion sighting?
(a) Mma Isang.
(b) The narrator.
6. Who are the night men in Tsau?
(a) A group of men who have been sneaking out of the village at night.
(b) A group of men who have been breaking into houses.
(c) A group of men that patrol the village at night.
(d) A group of men that essenially serve as prostitutes.
7. What does the narrator force Nelson to do out of frustration to jolt him out of his calm mental state?
(a) Write down his experience in the desert day-by-day.
(b) Recall his experience in the desert day-by-day.
(c) None of these.
(d) Return to the desert.
8. Where is the village of Tsau located?
(a) Property owned by the American government.
(b) In the middle of a game preserve.
(c) Unclaimed desert.
(d) Privately owned land.
9. What does Nelson's reaction to the narrator's attempts to cheer him up bring to the narrator's mind?
(a) Memories of her mother's moodiness.
(b) Memories of the strong relationship she had with her father.
(c) Memories of the strong relationship she had with her mother.
(d) Memories of her father's moodiness.
10. What does Hector bring with him when he and the villagers go to speak to Nelson?
(a) Pictures of lions taken near the village.
(b) Lion hair.
(c) The remains of a carcass.
(d) Lion spoor.
11. How many horses are in Tsau?
12. Where does the narrator want to take Nelson?
(c) Cape Town.
13. What parts of the snakes are valuable in Tsau?
(b) All of these.
14. Where does Nelson plan to go to bring stability back to Tsau?
(d) The squatter settlement.
15. What does Nelson drink with Harold?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dorcas' long-lost brother?
2. Who chooses the topics for the debates?
3. After arguing with Nelson over Hector, where does the narrator go?
4. How do Harold Mace and Julia Rodden arrive in Tsau?
5. What prevents the narrator from attending the public debate on time?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)