|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dorcas' long-lost brother?
2. Who says "I'm yours. I am" to the narrator?
(a) Nelson Denoon.
(d) Mma Isang.
3. How many horses are in Tsau?
4. Who does Nelson bring gifts for the night he comes to get the narrator?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Mma Isang.
5. Who does the narrator go to in order to get Nelson out of Tsau?
(a) Mma Isang.
(d) The Mother Committee.
6. What performance do the villagers perform?
(a) A version of the Phantom of the Opera.
(b) A version of Lamentations of Women.
(c) A version of Romeo and Juliet.
(d) A version of Oliver.
7. What racist belief does the narrator's mother hold?
(a) All black people are funny.
(b) All white people should be in superior positions.
(c) All Hispanic people are uneducated.
(d) All black people are mean.
8. What does Hector bring with him when he and the villagers go to speak to Nelson?
(a) Pictures of lions taken near the village.
(b) The remains of a carcass.
(c) Lion spoor.
(d) Lion hair.
9. Who comes to visit Nelson in Gaborone?
(a) A Sri Lankan psychiatrist.
(b) All of these.
(d) The Embassy nurse.
10. What political action do a couple of women ask the narrator to take?
(a) Help elect Dorcas to the Mother Committee.
(b) Get Nelson elected to the Mother Committee.
(c) Run for election to the Mother Committee.
(d) Overthrow the Mother Committee.
11. Why does the narrator attempt to measure Nelson with a measuring tape?
(a) She is measuring him for a new pair of pants.
(b) She is creating a blanket for him.
(c) She feels she has find his exact measurements for her study.
(d) She feels she has to get his true dimensions.
12. Who makes the statement "Time is an ape"?
(a) Nelson Denoon.
(d) The narrator.
13. How long is Nelson imprisoned after the accusations are made against him?
(a) Two days.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) Three days.
(d) One day.
14. What does the group chant to convince Nelson they need guns in the village?
15. Who leads the group in opposition to Nelson?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents the narrator from attending the public debate on time?
2. Why does the narrator attend some childbirths in the birthing house?
3. What kind of new project does Nelson Denoon propose?
4. What glass did Nelson use to create his childhood sculpture?
5. How do Harold Mace and Julia Rodden arrive in Tsau?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)