|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pages 467-477).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The villagers want to allow guns in Tsau. What alternative does Nelson offer?
(a) Only registered owners may have guns.
(b) A few rifles can be stored and put out for hire if needed.
(c) He offers no alternative. He does not want guns in the village.
(d) Only designated owners may have guns.
2. What does the narrator realize is part of Grace's problem at the party?
(a) Grace is very distraught.
(b) She has a mental illness.
(c) Grace is drunk.
(d) She has taken drugs.
3. Who does the narrator believe "Z" knows secrets about?
(a) None of these.
(b) The narrator.
(c) Martin Wade.
(d) Nelson Denoon.
4. What do we learn about Nelson Denoon from the narrators flash-forward as she enters Tsau?
(a) He had an alcoholic father and a passive mother.
(b) He had several brothers and sisters.
(c) He had an alcoholic mother and a passive father.
(d) He came from a very cold, uncaring family.
5. Why does the relationship between Martin Wade and the narrator dissolve?
(a) Martin is very opposed to the luxury the narrator represents as an American.
(b) All of these.
(c) Martin is far more ascetic than the narrator.
(d) Martin's involvement in dangerous political activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator travel the second leg, the last 100 miles, of her trip to Tsau?
2. What glass work has Nelson been creating based on a glass sculpture he created as a child?
3. What are the purposes of the inventions Nelson Denoon puts around Tsau?
4. What does the narrator lose when one of her animals runs off?
5. Who does the narrator pour her heart out to when she is upset?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)