|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 (pages 467-477).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the villagers disagree with Nelson's insistence on hand washing and sanitation?
(a) They believe it is a waste of time.
(b) They do not like using the unfamiliar soaps.
(c) It is against their religious beliefs.
(d) Because they are not familiar with it, nor do they understand it.
2. How do part of the villagers prevent Nelson from being heard?
(a) They shout while he speaks.
(b) They laugh while he speaks.
(c) They moan loudly while he speaks.
(d) They make barking noises while he speaks.
3. Why does the narrator attempt to measure Nelson with a measuring tape?
(a) She is creating a blanket for him.
(b) She is measuring him for a new pair of pants.
(c) She feels she has to get his true dimensions.
(d) She feels she has find his exact measurements for her study.
4. Who is Martin Wade?
(a) A former soldier of the black revolutionaries.
(b) A former colleague of the narrator.
(c) A local politician.
(d) A South African army deserter.
5. How do the inhabitants of the squatter settlement view the narrator when she comes looking for Denoon?
(a) As an official-looking white woman.
(b) As a suspicious outsider.
(c) As someone who wants to improve their situation.
(d) As a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What settlement is nearby Tsau?
2. Who is elected to the Mother Committee's second chair?
3. What does Grace tell the narrator during their lunch in a restaurant?
4. Who leads the group in opposition to Nelson?
5. How long does the narrator plan to rest in Gaborone?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)