|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 (pages 379-409).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nelson Denoon rumored to be staying with in a squatter settlement?
(a) A native African family.
(b) Soldiers of the black revolutionaries.
(c) An outcasted white family.
(d) The local authorities.
2. How does the narrator feel about being asked to be on the snake team?
(d) All of these.
3. What does the narrator use to keep predators away at night in the desert?
(a) Sets up trip wires, torches, and traps.
(b) Light a ring fire.
(c) Spreads ammonia around the camp to keep them away.
(d) Spreads urine around the camp to keep them away.
4. Who organizes the night men in Tsau?
(c) Mma Isang.
5. Why does the narrator attend some childbirths in the birthing house?
(a) To improve her midwifery skills.
(b) To bless the children as they are born.
(c) To prepare for her own birthing experience.
(d) To represent Nelson, who is not allowed in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Nelson Denoon tell the narrator he is leaving Tsau?
2. What of her mother's does the narrator accidentally back over with a car?
3. Why does the narrator try to find Nelson Denoon?
4. What is the debate over in Chapter 7?
5. Who leads the narrator to Nelson Denoon?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)