|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pages 199-222).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristics does "Z" demonstrate?
(a) Interested in anthropology.
(b) All of these.
2. What do we learn about Nelson Denoon from the narrators flash-forward as she enters Tsau?
(a) He had an alcoholic mother and a passive father.
(b) He came from a very cold, uncaring family.
(c) He had several brothers and sisters.
(d) He had an alcoholic father and a passive mother.
3. How does Nelson Denoon react to the narrator's arrival in Tsau?
(a) He is happy to see her.
(b) He is angry at her for coming.
(c) He pretends he doesn't know her.
(d) He is surprised and disappointed.
4. What does the narrator position herself as once she is in Gaborone?
(a) A cultural tour guide.
(b) A college professor.
(c) A college student.
(d) A wealthy woman on vacation.
5. What does the narrator realize is part of Grace's problem at the party?
(a) Grace is very distraught.
(b) Grace is drunk.
(c) She has taken drugs.
(d) She has a mental illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator study in the African bush as a part of her thesis?
2. What is the social purpose of Tsau?
3. Who does the narrator pretend to be when she first enters Tsau?
4. What month is the narrator traveling to Tsau?
5. What does Nelson Denoon suggest African's should harness the power of?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)