|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pages 199-222).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Grace Denoon described by the narrator when she runs into Grace?
(a) Acting strangely.
(b) Obviously rich.
(c) All of these.
2. What is the social purpose of Tsau?
(a) To remove the rights of black African women.
(b) None of these.
(c) To remove the rights of black African men.
(d) To balance some of the injustices black African women face.
3. Who is having the party where the narrator may meet Nelson Denoon?
(a) A powerful black politician.
(b) A powerful white politician.
(c) An American diplomat.
(d) A wealthy American philanthropist.
4. What is a rondavel?
(a) A farming tool.
(b) A round thatched hut.
(c) A cart pulled by donkeys.
(d) A community building located in the center of the village.
5. What do we learn about Nelson Denoon from the narrators flash-forward as she enters Tsau?
(a) He had an alcoholic mother and a passive father.
(b) He came from a very cold, uncaring family.
(c) He had an alcoholic father and a passive mother.
(d) He had several brothers and sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the homesteads belong to in Tsau?
2. What things is the narrator ready for when she arrives in Gaborone?
3. How does Nelson Denoon react to the narrator's arrival in Tsau?
4. What do the villagers of Tsau do at night?
5. What objects does the narrator obsess over losing during her trip to Tsau?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)