|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pages 199-222).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator tell about her travel plans?
(a) Residents of the settlement.
(b) Nuns at the mission.
(c) A native African family she's staying with.
2. What does the narrator see that signifies she is within eight miles of Tsau?
(c) A wooded grove.
(d) An oasis.
3. Who is Nelson Denoon rumored to be staying with in a squatter settlement?
(a) Soldiers of the black revolutionaries.
(b) The local authorities.
(c) An outcasted white family.
(d) A native African family.
4. What characteristics does "Z" demonstrate?
(b) Interested in anthropology.
(c) All of these.
5. Who is drawn to "intellectual love"?
(a) Martin Wade.
(b) The narrator.
(c) Nelson Denoon.
(d) Grace Denoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job is the narrator offered at a party in Gaborone?
2. What critique does the narrator have of Nelson Denoon?
3. Who grabs the narrator by the hips and pushes her forward after Nelson Denoon's speech?
4. What are the names of the animals the narrator is traveling with?
5. How do the inhabitants of the squatter settlement view the narrator when she comes looking for Denoon?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)