|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (pages 199-222).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Nelson Denoon use to deliver a speech?
2. Who is Nelson Denoon rumored to be staying with in a squatter settlement?
(a) A native African family.
(b) Soldiers of the black revolutionaries.
(c) An outcasted white family.
(d) The local authorities.
3. What does Nelson believe African village-societies can offer Africans?
(a) All of these.
(b) A utopian environment.
(c) The ability to choose work they are interested in.
(d) The opportunity to pursue other ideas and dreams.
4. How does Nelson Denoon react to the narrator's arrival in Tsau?
(a) He is surprised and disappointed.
(b) He pretends he doesn't know her.
(c) He is happy to see her.
(d) He is angry at her for coming.
5. What physical ailment is "Z" hiding that the narrator helps him alleviate?
(a) "Z" has an arm with nerve damage, causing him a great deal of pain.
(b) "Z" has severe back pain.
(c) "Z" recently lost a toe on one foot and it's very painful for him.
(d) "Z" has an infected leg which causes a great deal of pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator go to look for Nelson?
2. Why doesn't Nelson Denoon tell the narrator he is leaving Tsau?
3. How does the narrator travel the first leg of her trip to Tsau?
4. Who does the narrator call "my boys" during her trip to Tsau?
5. After the narrator has been in Tsau a couple of days, who tells her the village has no room for one more and she must leave as soon as possible?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)