|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pages 131-163).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the narrator from originally?
2. What does the narrator notice as she enters Tsau?
(a) Many strange man-made contrivances.
(b) None of these.
(c) Many modern conveniences.
(d) Many strangely dressed people.
3. Who is Martin Wade?
(a) A former colleague of the narrator.
(b) A former soldier of the black revolutionaries.
(c) A South African army deserter.
(d) A local politician.
4. Who does the narrator have quasi-romantic interludes with while traveling to Victoria Falls?
5. How does the narrator feel about Nelson Doonen's holier-than-thou political attitudes?
(a) She is critical of it.
(b) She appreciates it.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grace tell the narrator during their lunch in a restaurant?
2. Where do Grace and the narrator find Nelson Denoon?
3. What happens at the end of Nelson's speech at the party?
4. What does the narrator use to keep predators away at night in the desert?
5. How long was the narrator in the African bush studying for her thesis?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)