|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pages 131-163).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does the narrator make after finding Nelson Denoon?
(a) She uses an experimental outhouse.
(b) She insults the people Nelson is staying with.
(c) She knocks over an experimental outhouse.
(d) She insults Nelson's project.
2. Who says "while capitalism is destroying Africa and its village's socialism is not the answer"?
(a) Grace Denoon.
(b) The narrator.
(c) Nelson Denoon.
(d) Martin Wade.
3. How is the narrator told to survive the desert?
(a) Be prepared with a compass and plenty of water.
(b) Focus on the horizon.
(c) Consider the desert a living organism that must be conquered.
(d) Get past the feeling it is an organism demanding surrender.
4. What language does Nelson Denoon use to deliver a speech?
5. What does "Z" do for a living?
(a) "Z" is a British spy.
(b) "Z" is a local undercover agent.
(c) "Z" is an American spy.
(d) "Z" is a South African politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does "Z" offer to take the narrator when she first meets him?
2. Why does the narrator try to find Nelson Denoon?
3. What things is the narrator ready for when she arrives in Gaborone?
4. How old is the narrator when she starts her journey to Gaborone at the beginning of the book?
5. How is Grace Denoon described by the narrator when she runs into Grace?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)