|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pages 131-163).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grace know the location of Nelson Denoon's project?
(a) He told her while they were married.
(b) She overheard a conversation between him and his lawyers.
(c) He was required to tell her lawyers.
(d) She helped him establish the project.
2. What does the narrator do with most of her possessions?
(a) Sell them off.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Mail them off.
3. Who is building a village from the ground up?
(a) Nelson Denoon.
(b) The narrator.
(d) Martin Wade.
4. How does the narrator know of Nelson Denoon?
(a) She admired his work while she was at Harvard.
(b) She has been one of his colleagues for years.
(c) She has been friends with him for years.
(d) She admired his work while she was at Stanford University.
5. What physical change in the narrator causes her to worry about physical stress and poor nutrition while in the bush?
(a) She begins losing her hair.
(b) All of these.
(c) The cessation of her menstrual cycle.
(d) Her steady loss of weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nelson Denoon suggest African's should harness the power of?
2. Who leads the narrator to Nelson Denoon?
3. Why does the narrator try to find Nelson Denoon?
4. Where does "Z" offer to take the narrator when she first meets him?
5. What does the narrator lose when one of her animals runs off?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)