|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (pages 131-163).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator learn about a party from where she may meet Nelson Denoon?
(b) Grace Denoon.
(c) The owners of the home she is house sitting at.
(d) Martin Wade.
2. How does the narrator travel the second leg, the last 100 miles, of her trip to Tsau?
(a) On camels.
(b) On horseback.
(c) On foot.
(d) None of these.
3. How do the inhabitants of the squatter settlement view the narrator when she comes looking for Denoon?
(a) As a suspicious outsider.
(b) As someone who wants to improve their situation.
(c) As a friend.
(d) As an official-looking white woman.
4. What characteristics does "Z" demonstrate?
(a) Interested in anthropology.
(b) All of these.
5. Who grabs the narrator by the hips and pushes her forward after Nelson Denoon's speech?
(a) Nelson Denoon.
(c) Grace Denoon.
(d) Wade Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Z" do for a living?
2. How old is the narrator when she starts her journey to Gaborone at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Grace know the location of Nelson Denoon's project?
4. What does the narrator lose when one of her animals runs off?
5. What are the names of the animals the narrator is traveling with?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)