|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pages 90-111).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "while capitalism is destroying Africa and its village's socialism is not the answer"?
(a) Martin Wade.
(b) The narrator.
(c) Grace Denoon.
(d) Nelson Denoon.
2. Whose trust does Martin Wade have that is very unusual?
(a) The black revolutionaries.
(b) Soldiers of the South African army.
(c) The black politicians.
(d) The white South African rulers.
3. Who is Nelson Denoon rumored to be staying with in a squatter settlement?
(a) The local authorities.
(b) A native African family.
(c) An outcasted white family.
(d) Soldiers of the black revolutionaries.
4. What physical change in the narrator causes her to worry about physical stress and poor nutrition while in the bush?
(a) She begins losing her hair.
(b) Her steady loss of weight.
(c) All of these.
(d) The cessation of her menstrual cycle.
5. Who is Martin Wade?
(a) A former colleague of the narrator.
(b) A local politician.
(c) A South African army deserter.
(d) A former soldier of the black revolutionaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does the narrator make after finding Nelson Denoon?
2. How long does the narrator plan to rest in Gaborone?
3. What does Nelson Denoon suggest African's should harness the power of?
4. What does the narrator study in the African bush as a part of her thesis?
5. What things is the narrator ready for when she arrives in Gaborone?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)