|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (pages 90-111).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about Nelson Doonen's holier-than-thou political attitudes?
(a) She appreciates it.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) She is critical of it.
2. What physical ailment is "Z" hiding that the narrator helps him alleviate?
(a) "Z" has an infected leg which causes a great deal of pain.
(b) "Z" has an arm with nerve damage, causing him a great deal of pain.
(c) "Z" has severe back pain.
(d) "Z" recently lost a toe on one foot and it's very painful for him.
3. What does Nelson Denoon suggest African's should harness the power of?
(a) The local people.
(b) The waterways.
(c) The sun.
(d) The wind.
4. How is Grace Denoon described by the narrator when she runs into Grace?
(b) Acting strangely.
(c) Obviously rich.
(d) All of these.
5. Who is Martin Wade?
(a) A South African army deserter.
(b) A former colleague of the narrator.
(c) A former soldier of the black revolutionaries.
(d) A local politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was the narrator in the African bush studying for her thesis?
2. Where does the narrator go the day after the party to find Nelson Denoon?
3. Who is building a village from the ground up?
4. Who is having the party where the narrator may meet Nelson Denoon?
5. Who says "while capitalism is destroying Africa and its village's socialism is not the answer"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)