|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pages 253-300).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mission does the narrator go on with Nelson's gun?
(a) To kill lions.
(b) To destroy the gun.
(c) To kill snakes.
(d) To kill vervets.
2. Who leads the narrator to Nelson Denoon?
(a) A local official.
(c) Women in the market.
(d) A soldier.
3. How many members are on Tsau's governing body?
4. How is the narrator told to survive the desert?
(a) Consider the desert a living organism that must be conquered.
(b) Be prepared with a compass and plenty of water.
(c) Get past the feeling it is an organism demanding surrender.
(d) Focus on the horizon.
5. What does the narrator do to set herself apart when she meets Nelson Denoon?
(a) She is very witty.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) She speaks to him in Setswana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What performance do the villagers perform?
2. Who is Martin Wade?
3. How long does Nelson Denoon leave Tsau without telling the narrator?
4. Who does the narrator believe "Z" knows secrets about?
5. What does Nelson drink with Harold?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)