|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (pages 253-300).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Nelson Denoon fascinates the narrator?
(a) His physique.
(b) His relationship with his wife.
(c) His political and social activism.
(d) His intellect.
2. How is the narrator told to survive the desert?
(a) Get past the feeling it is an organism demanding surrender.
(b) Be prepared with a compass and plenty of water.
(c) Focus on the horizon.
(d) Consider the desert a living organism that must be conquered.
3. What is a rondavel?
(a) A cart pulled by donkeys.
(b) A farming tool.
(c) A community building located in the center of the village.
(d) A round thatched hut.
4. Where does the narrator believe Nelson has gone while he is on retreat?
(a) He is with another woman.
(b) He has started a new village without her.
(c) He has gone to Gaborone for supplies.
(d) He has gone to visit his ex-wife.
5. Where does Nelson ask the narrator to have dinner when he returns to Tsau?
(a) The rondavel.
(b) His house.
(c) The narrator's house.
(d) Mma Isang's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nelson Denoon represent to the narrator?
2. Where does "Z" offer to take the narrator when she first meets him?
3. What does the narrator fear may attack during her trip to Tsau?
4. What mission does the narrator go on with Nelson's gun?
5. Who grabs the narrator by the hips and pushes her forward after Nelson Denoon's speech?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)