|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Miss Honey hate her aunt?
2. Who teaches Matilda's class in chapter thirteen?
3. What does Miss Honey invite Matilda for?
4. What does Miss Honey start to buy for her bread instead of margarine?
5. In which town did Miss Honey go to teaching training college?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miss Honey react when Matilda topples the glass?
2. How does Miss Honey react to Matilda's claims that she toppled the glass?
3. What is Matilda's plan to get back at Trunchbull?
4. How did Miss Honey find her current house?
5. How does Matilda scare Trunchbull in this section?
6. How does Matilda practice moving objects at home?
7. How does Trunchbull upset Matilda in this section?
8. How does Trunchbull force answers from the children?
9. Describe the walk to Miss Honey's house.
10. What information does Matilda get from Miss Honey at the end of her stay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Michael, Matilda's brother, such a minor character in the book? What is his role in the story? Do you think the author treats his character well?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following characters and write what you think will happen to them in their future.
3. Miss Trunchball.
4. Mr. Wormwood.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)