|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What serves as chairs in Miss Honey"s sitting room?
2. What must always be on the table when the headmistress teaches the class?
3. What does Matilda say was used to tip over the glass?
4. What is Trunchbull's first name?
5. What does Magnus say will happen if Trunchbull does not do as he says?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Matilda family react when they leave her behind?
2. Describe Miss Honey's house?
3. What does Miss Honey tells Matilda about her life?
4. What indications are there that Miss Honey is poor?
5. How does Matilda practice moving objects at home?
6. What does Trunchbull say would have happened if there had been a newt in her glass?
7. What is Matilda's plan to get back at Trunchbull?
8. How do the class and the teachers react to Miss Trunchbull fainting?
9. How does Miss Honey react when Matilda topples the glass?
10. Describe the walk to Miss Honey's house.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Miss Trunchball"s personality as an adult suggest about her own childhood? How do you think such a character would have been treated in adult's fiction?
Essay Topic 2
What statement does the author make about adulthood? Could any problems from communicating such a point of view in a children's book?
Essay Topic 3
What are the difference between how Dahl represents the children to the way he represents the adults? What does the representation say about the way children view the world?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)