|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is first on Matilda's list for revenge?
2. What kind of cars does Matilda's father sell?
3. What material does the author compare Miss Honey's body to?
4. Who do Matilda's parents think is in the house when they first hear talking?
5. What is the title of the only book in Matilda's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons are there for Mr. and Mrs. Wormwood's dislike of his daughter?
2. Why does Miss Trunchbull say she has such respect for Matilda's father?
3. How does Miss Trunchbull react when she sees a little girl with pigtails?
4. How does Matilda get back at her whole family in this section?
5. How does Mr. Wormwood cheat his customers?
6. How does Matilda react to her parent's insults in this section?
7. How does Miss Honey feel when she leaves Matilda's parents?
8. How does Bruce Bogtrotter get one up on Trunchbull in this section?
9. How does Matilda learn to read?
10. How does Matilda avenge her father in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
How do books help Matilda? In what way do the books she reads reflect her own life?
Essay Topic 3
What made Dahl such a successful children's writer? How does "Matilda" compare to his other children's books?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)