|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Matilda"s family moving to?
2. What is the name of Miss Honey's father?
3. How does Miss Trunchbull react when she first sees the newt?
(a) She runs from the room.
(b) She jumps out of her chair.
(c) She throws Lavender out of the window.
(d) She faints.
4. In which part of her body does Matilda feel the electricity build up?
(a) At the tips of her toes.
(b) In between her ears.
(c) In her fingertips.
(d) Behind her eyes.
5. Why did Miss Honey"s aunt claim she owed her a lot of money?
(a) She had been looking after her.
(b) She had paid for her wedding.
(c) She had stolen money from her.
(d) She had paid her college fees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of chapter 14?
2. What is the color of the pitcher that Miss Trunchbull pours water from?
3. Who is the only member of Matilda's family who waves goodbye?
4. Complete the following sentence "this is Magnus and you better ..."
5. Who teaches Matilda's class in chapter thirteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Matilda practice moving objects at home?
2. How does Miss Honey react to Miss Trunchbull storming out of the classroom?
3. How does Lavender decide to get revenge on Trunchbull?
4. Why does Matilda think she has the power she has?
5. How does Matilda knock over the glass in this section?
6. How does Matilda family react when they leave her behind?
7. What is Matilda's plan to get back at Trunchbull?
8. Why does Lavender want to get revenge on Trunchbull?
9. How does Trunchbull force answers from the children?
10. How does Trunchbull react to the words on the board?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)