|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Magnus ask Trunchball to give back to Miss Honey?
(a) Hre life and confidence.
(b) Her house and wages.
(c) Her job and dignity.
(d) Her clothes and furniture.
2. What does Matilda refuse to promise for Miss Honey?
(a) To not go back to school.
(b) To not perform her miracles anymore.
(c) To forget everything she has told her.
(d) To not to marry when she is older.
3. Which story that Matilda told her does Lavender most admire?
(a) The story about the parrot.
(b) The story about the library.
(c) The story about the hairtonic.
(d) The story about her father's hat.
4. What does Matilda practice moving with her eyes at home?
(a) A piece of chalk.
(b) A model airplane.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A telephone.
5. Why did the piece of paper say Miss Honey's father left her aunt his house?
(a) For her love.
(b) For her kindness.
(c) He reminded him of his dead wife.
(d) She had had a hard life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe the brick Miss Honey"s house is made from?
2. What does Miss Honey say is the greatest miracle anyone has ever performed?
3. What does Matilda tip over to prove her powers to Miss Honey?
4. What does Miss Honey think that Matilda"s ability move objects with is connected to?
5. How does Nigel try to revive Miss Trunchbull?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Matilda family react when they leave her behind?
2. How did Miss Honey find her current house?
3. How does Matilda knock over the glass in this section?
4. Describe the walk to Miss Honey's house.
5. What does Trunchbull say would have happened if there had been a newt in her glass?
6. What is Matilda's plan to get back at Trunchbull?
7. How does Trunchbull react to the words on the board?
8. How does Miss Honey react when Matilda topples the glass?
9. Summarize the novel.
10. How does Matilda practice moving objects at home?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)