|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Honey receive telling her that has been found?
(a) Her wage slips.
(b) Trunchbull's confession note.
(c) Her mother's will.
(d) Her father's will.
2. In which part of her body does Matilda feel the electricity build up?
(a) In between her ears.
(b) At the tips of her toes.
(c) Behind her eyes.
(d) In her fingertips.
3. How does Miss Trunchbull react when she first sees the newt?
(a) She runs from the room.
(b) She throws Lavender out of the window.
(c) She jumps out of her chair.
(d) She faints.
4. What is the name of the book Miss Trunchbull references?
(a) Great Expectations.
(b) Hard Times.
(c) Nicolas Nickleby.
(d) David Copperfield.
5. Who does Miss Honey live with?
(a) She lives by herself.
(b) With the local farmer.
(c) With her aunt.
(d) With her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author the narrow lane is no wider than?
2. What is the name of the poet Miss Honey references in this section?
3. Why does Matilda think being in the school is like being in a cage with a cobra?
4. What is the name of Matilda's best friend at school?
5. What does Matilda tip over to prove her powers to Miss Honey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Trunchbull upset Matilda in this section?
2. How does Trunchbull react to the words on the board?
3. What does Miss Honey tells Matilda about her life?
4. How does Matilda scare Trunchbull in this section?
5. How does Trunchbull react to seeing a newt in her glass?
6. How does Miss Honey react when Matilda topples the glass?
7. How does Miss Honey react to Matilda's claims that she toppled the glass?
8. What information does Matilda get from Miss Honey at the end of her stay?
9. How does Matilda family react when they leave her behind?
10. Why does Lavender want to get revenge on Trunchbull?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)