|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Workwood say it means if you have good strong hair?
(a) You have a happy life.
(b) You have a good strong brain.
(c) You are in strong health.
(d) You have lots of money.
2. What is the name of Matilda's new school?
(a) Teahouse Primary.
(b) St. George Primary.
(c) Crunchem Primary.
(d) Letterman Primary.
3. What writer does Matilda tell her father was bald?
(a) John Steinbeck.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Christopher Marlowe.
4. What does Miss Honey say is an amazing thing?
(a) Childrens' imaginations.
(b) The human brain.
(d) The animal world.
5. What is the title of chapter two?
(a) Mr. Wormwood the Great Car Dealer.
(b) The Hat and the Superglue.
(c) The Pied Piper.
(d) The Hair Dye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Matilda's surname?
2. Who does Matilda's father say will be joining him in his business?
3. What does Mrs. Wormwood think her daughter should be focusing on?
4. Why does the librarian become concerned with Matilda?
5. Why does Matilda's father think it doesn't matter if you can do math or not?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons are there for Mr. and Mrs. Wormwood's dislike of his daughter?
2. What does Miss Trunchbull state about her own childhood?
3. How does Miss Honey react to Matilda's brilliance in this section?
4. How does Miss Honey feel when she leaves Matilda's parents?
5. How does Mr. Wormwood upset Matilda in this chapter?
6. How does Matilda get back at her father first time she plays a trick on him?
7. Describe the chokey.
8. How does Miss Honey make sure she doesn't single Matilda out?
9. How does Matilda avenge her father in this section?
10. Why is Mr. Wormwood so proud of his hair?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)