|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pet does Matilda put up the chimney?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) An owl.
(d) A parrot.
2. Why does Hortensia say that Miss Trunchbull likes to throw children?
(a) To break her throwing record.
(b) To teach them a lesson.
(c) To break their bones.
(d) To keep her arm in at the hammer throw.
3. What does Matilda's father put in the gear boxes?
4. What do Matilda's think is in the house when they can't find anyone?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A ghoul.
(c) A ghost.
(d) An angel.
5. What does Miss Honey interrupt when she goes to see Matilda's parents?
(b) A television show.
(c) A game of twister.
(d) An argument.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Matilda write a poem about?
2. What is the title of chapter one?
3. What does Matilda begin to lose herself in everyday?
4. What color does the author say is now Mr. Wormwood's hair?
5. What does Miss Honey say Miss Trunchbull can liquidize children like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miss Honey feel when she leaves Matilda's parents?
2. How does Mr. Wormwood cheat his customers?
3. How are Matilda's parents different to most parents?
4. How does Matilda learn to read?
5. What does this chapter tell us about Trunchbull's past?
6. In what way is Matilda head and shoulders above the rest of the class?
7. How does Mr. Wormwood react at work when he realizes he can't remove his hat?
8. Describe Miss Honey.
9. Why does Miss Trunchbull say she has such respect for Matilda's father?
10. What does Miss Trunchbull state about her own childhood?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)