|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author did Matilda travel to India with?
(a) Rudyard Kipling.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Joseph Conrad.
(d) George Elliott.
2. What is the title of chapter two?
(a) The Pied Piper.
(b) The Hat and the Superglue.
(c) The Hair Dye.
(d) Mr. Wormwood the Great Car Dealer.
3. Where does Matilda's father get his sawdust from?
(a) The children's playground.
(b) The sawmill.
(c) The village farm.
(d) The golf club.
4. What is the title of chapter eight?
(a) First Day at School.
(b) The Genius.
(c) Miss Trunchbull.
(d) Flowering into Love.
5. Why does the librarian become concerned with Matilda?
(a) She comes to the library by herself.
(b) She is constantly crying.
(c) She seems to have no home go back to.
(d) She is rude and aggressive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Wormwood use to turn back the numbers of the speedometer?
2. What is the title of the only book in Matilda's house?
3. What does the author say has made Matilda's life with her parents bearable?
4. What does Matilda teach herself by the age of three?
5. What was Mr. Wormwood's face as dark as when he arrives back from work in the Ghost chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mr. Wormwood so proud of his hair?
2. What is Mrs. Wormwood's views on little girls?
3. Describe the chokey.
4. What reasons are there for Mr. and Mrs. Wormwood's dislike of his daughter?
5. Why does Miss Trunchbull say she has such respect for Matilda's father?
6. How does Mr. Wormwood react at work when he realizes he can't remove his hat?
7. How does Mr. Wormwood upset Matilda in this chapter?
8. What does this chapter tell us about Trunchbull's past?
9. How does Matilda's father anger her in this section?
10. How are Matilda's parents different to most parents?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)