|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mr. Wormwood's face as dark as when he arrives back from work in the Ghost chapter?
(a) A chalkboard.
(b) A thunder cloud.
(c) Mud in a rainstorm.
(d) A monter in the dark.
2. Who does Matilda write a poem about?
(c) Miss Trunchbull.
(d) Miss Honey.
3. What kind of girls does Mrs. Wormwood say she is not in favor of?
(a) Bluestocking girls.
(b) Loud girls.
(c) Redstocking girls.
(d) Unmarried girls.
4. Complete the following sentence - "even when your own child is a disgusting little..."
5. What is Mrs. Wormwood's hair the same silvery color as?
(a) A parrot's feathers.
(b) Silver coiins.
(c) A tightrope walker's tights.
(d) An old woman's hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color tie does Mr. Wormwood wear in this chapter?
2. What does Mrs. Wormwood tell Matilda she will learn when she is older?
3. What is the title of chapter one?
4. What has Michael inherited from his father?
5. What kind of car is Matilda's father glad to buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dahl say parents usually think of their children?
2. How are Matilda's parents different to most parents?
3. How does Matilda's father anger her in this section?
4. How do teacher get their revenge on parents?
5. In what way is Matilda head and shoulders above the rest of the class?
6. How does Matilda react to the librarian claims that Matilda is not an ordinary child?
7. How does Miss Honey react to Matilda's brilliance in this section?
8. How does Mr. Wormwood upset Matilda in this chapter?
9. How does Bruce Bogtrotter get one up on Trunchbull in this section?
10. Describe Miss Honey.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)