|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Honey's first name?
2. What two things does Magnus ask Trunchball to give back to Miss Honey?
(a) Her job and dignity.
(b) Her clothes and furniture.
(c) Hre life and confidence.
(d) Her house and wages.
3. What does the author say Miss Honey's sitting room is as bare as?
(a) A village library.
(b) A prison cell.
(c) A student's fridge.
(d) A cardboard box.
4. Who does Miss Honey live with?
(a) With her brother.
(b) With the local farmer.
(c) With her aunt.
(d) She lives by herself.
5. Who does Miss Honey say must have knocked over the glass?
(a) The wind.
(b) The newt.
(c) Miss Trunchbull.
6. How does the author describe the brick Miss Honey"s house is made from?
(a) Brown, ancient and sturdy.
(b) Red, old and crumbly.
(c) Yellow, sickly and cracked.
(d) Red, new and shiny.
7. Why does Matilda think being in the school is like being in a cage with a cobra?
(a) You have to learn to behave quickly.
(b) You have to keep very still.
(c) You have to constantly keep your grip on the cobra.
(d) You have to be very fast on your feet.
8. How does Miss Honey thank Matilda for her help?
(a) She hugs her.
(b) She invites her for tea.
(c) She winks at her.
(d) She gives her money.
9. What does Miss Honey say is the greatest miracle anyone has ever performed?
(a) Matilda tipping over the glass.
(b) Jesus walking on water.
(c) Jesus making water into wine.
(d) Trunchbull winning an Olympic medal.
10. What is the name of the book Miss Trunchbull references?
(a) David Copperfield.
(b) Nicolas Nickleby.
(c) Great Expectations.
(d) Hard Times.
11. Why does Matilda say she made the glass tip over?
(a) She was worried Trunchbull would pick on Lavender.
(b) She was angry at being accused at something she hadn't done.
(c) She was worried the newt would suffocate.
(d) She was worried Trunchbull would eat the newt.
12. What did Miss Honey do every time her aunt entered the room?
13. What kind of look does Matilda have on her face after she tips over the glass?
14. What does Miss Honey start to buy for her bread instead of margarine?
15. What member of Miss Honey's family died when she was only five?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matilda tip over to prove her powers to Miss Honey?
2. Who did Miss Honey"s father invite to live with them after the death of his wife?
3. What did Miss Honey"s father do for a living?
4. What serves as chairs in Miss Honey"s sitting room?
5. What does Miss Honey think that Matilda"s ability move objects with is connected to?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)