|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Miss Honey hate her aunt?
(a) She had no money.
(b) She never brought her sweets.
(c) She wasn't a kind person.
(d) She tried to be her mother.
2. How does the author describe the brick Miss Honey"s house is made from?
(a) Brown, ancient and sturdy.
(b) Yellow, sickly and cracked.
(c) Red, old and crumbly.
(d) Red, new and shiny.
3. What does Miss Trunchbull believe Matilda is lying about?
(a) Reading Dickens.
(b) Traveling to Spain.
(c) Knowing her times tables.
(d) Reading Chaucher.
4. Where are Matilda"s family moving to?
5. Who does Miss Honey live with?
(a) With the local farmer.
(b) With her brother.
(c) She lives by herself.
(d) With her aunt.
6. Why did the piece of paper say Miss Honey's father left her aunt his house?
(a) For her kindness.
(b) He reminded him of his dead wife.
(c) For her love.
(d) She had had a hard life.
7. How does Miss Trunchbull react when she first sees the newt?
(a) She jumps out of her chair.
(b) She throws Lavender out of the window.
(c) She faints.
(d) She runs from the room.
8. What is the title of chapter fifteen?
(a) The Second Miracle.
(b) Matilda's Second Coming.
(c) Runaway Newt.
(d) A Tent for the Night.
9. Why does Matilda think being in the school is like being in a cage with a cobra?
(a) You have to constantly keep your grip on the cobra.
(b) You have to learn to behave quickly.
(c) You have to be very fast on your feet.
(d) You have to keep very still.
10. What kind of mouth does the cook have?
(a) A ciderbeer mouth.
(b) A lemonjuice mouth.
(c) A pear mouth.
(d) A peach mouth.
11. Who teaches Matilda's class in chapter thirteen?
(b) Miss Honey.
(d) Miss Trunchbull.
12. In which part of her body does Matilda feel the electricity build up?
(a) In her fingertips.
(b) In between her ears.
(c) At the tips of her toes.
(d) Behind her eyes.
13. What does the little boy Trunchbull is holding notice is moving by itself?
(a) The table.
(b) The glass.
(c) The chair.
(d) The chalk.
14. What is the title of chapter 21?
(a) A New Life.
(b) Bye Bye.
(d) A New Home.
15. What is the name of the poet Miss Honey references in this section?
(a) Rudyard Kipling.
(b) Dylan Thomas.
(c) D. H Lawrence.
(d) Sigmund Freud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author compare the size of Miss Honey's kitchen to?
2. How does Trunchbull react to the message?
3. What is Miss Honey's front door covered with?
4. Complete the following sentence "this is Magnus and you better ..."
5. What two things does Magnus ask Trunchball to give back to Miss Honey?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)