|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Magnus ask Trunchball to give back to Miss Honey?
(a) Hre life and confidence.
(b) Her house and wages.
(c) Her job and dignity.
(d) Her clothes and furniture.
2. What does Matilda will the glass on Miss Trunchball's table to do?
(a) Topple over.
(b) Smash on top of Miss Trunchbull's head.
(c) Rise to the ceiling.
3. What does Miss Honey think that Matilda"s ability move objects with is connected to?
(a) Her brain power.
(b) Her anger.
(c) Her sense of honer.
(d) Her sporting prowess.
4. What does the little boy Trunchbull is holding notice is moving by itself?
(a) The table.
(b) The chair.
(c) The chalk.
(d) The glass.
5. What does Miss Honey say is the greatest miracle anyone has ever performed?
(a) Matilda tipping over the glass.
(b) Jesus walking on water.
(c) Trunchbull winning an Olympic medal.
(d) Jesus making water into wine.
6. What is Miss Honey's front door covered with?
(a) Spider webs.
(b) Flaky green paint.
(c) Miss Honey's favorite poems.
(d) Photographs of children.
7. Who did Miss Honey"s father invite to live with them after the death of his wife?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife's sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife's mother.
8. Who died in Miss Honey"s family when she was only two years old?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
9. Why did Miss Honey hate her aunt?
(a) She had no money.
(b) She wasn't a kind person.
(c) She tried to be her mother.
(d) She never brought her sweets.
10. What is the name of the book Miss Trunchbull references?
(a) Great Expectations.
(b) Hard Times.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) Nicolas Nickleby.
11. What does Magnus say will happen if Trunchbull does not do as he says?
(a) He will kill her.
(b) He will call the police.
(c) He will follow her forever.
(d) He will torture her.
12. Why does Trunchbull tell Matilda she doesn't like her?
(a) Her father is a crook.
(b) Her mother is nasty.
(c) Her brother is stupid.
(d) She is a worm.
13. What does Lavender plan to drop into Miss Trunchbull's glass of water?
(a) A frog.
(b) A toad.
(c) A spider.
(d) A newt.
14. What is the color of the pitcher that Miss Trunchbull pours water from?
15. What does Miss Trunchbull inspect before the start of the lesson?
(a) The children's hands.
(b) The children's exercise books.
(c) The children's feet.
(d) The children's noses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Miss Honey do every time her aunt entered the room?
2. Which of the following words does Trunchbull use to describe Bruce Bogtrotter?
3. What did Miss Honey"s father do for a living?
4. What does Matilda think is the first indicator that Miss Honey is poor?
5. Who does Miss Honey live with?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)