|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes the school's new headmaster?
(a) Mr. Godfrey.
(b) Miss Honey.
(c) Mr. Trilby.
(d) Mr. Smith.
2. What does Miss Honey invite Matilda for?
(a) Lunch at a cafe.
(b) A picnic in the park.
(c) Tea at her house.
(d) A lecture at the university.
3. What does the little boy Trunchbull is holding notice is moving by itself?
(a) The chair.
(b) The glass.
(c) The chalk.
(d) The table.
4. How does Trunchbull try to force the class into making a mistake?
(a) Sitting on their stomachs.
(b) Spelling word backwards.
(c) Threatening to throw them through the window.
(d) Making them cry.
5. What is the name of the book Miss Trunchbull references?
(a) Hard Times.
(b) Great Expectations.
(c) Nicolas Nickleby.
(d) David Copperfield.
6. Which story that Matilda told her does Lavender most admire?
(a) The story about the parrot.
(b) The story about her father's hat.
(c) The story about the library.
(d) The story about the hairtonic.
7. What did Miss Honey"s father do for a living?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A musician.
8. What must always be on the table when the headmistress teaches the class?
(a) A plate of cake.
(b) A bottle of coke and a glass.
(c) A plate of biscuits.
(d) A jug of water and a glass.
9. Who did Miss Honey"s father invite to live with them after the death of his wife?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife's sister.
(d) His wife's mother.
10. Complete the following sentence "this is Magnus and you better ..."
(b) Believe it.
(d) Drop the boy.
11. What does the author say Miss Honey's sitting room is as bare as?
(a) A village library.
(b) A prison cell.
(c) A student's fridge.
(d) A cardboard box.
12. What is Miss Honey's first name?
13. What is the name of the boy with dirty hands?
14. What is the title of chapter thirteen?
(a) Listen to Me.
(b) The Weekly Test.
(c) Please Me.
(d) You Can't Spell.
15. Who died in Miss Honey"s family when she was only two years old?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Matilda say she made the glass tip over?
2. Who does Miss Trunchbull accuse of tipping over the glass?
3. What is the name of Matilda's best friend at school?
4. What did Miss Honey do every time her aunt entered the room?
5. Why did the piece of paper say Miss Honey's father left her aunt his house?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)