|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the little boy Trunchbull is holding notice is moving by itself?
(a) The glass.
(b) The table.
(c) The chalk.
(d) The chair.
2. Who became Miss Honey's legal guardian after the death of her parents?
(a) Her friend's family.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her schoolteacher.
3. Who becomes the school's new headmaster?
(a) Mr. Trilby.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Godfrey.
(d) Miss Honey.
4. Why does Matilda's parents agree to allow Matilda to live with Miss Honey?
(a) It would be less work for them.
(b) Miss Honey needs company.
(c) They can't afford her.
(d) Matilda would be happier.
5. What serves as chairs in Miss Honey"s sitting room?
(a) Wooden boxes.
(c) Old TV sets.
6. Who does Miss Honey rent her house from?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A shopkeeper.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) The mayor.
7. Where does Miss Honey say the children can go until it is time for their next lesson?
(a) The TV room.
(b) The playground.
(d) The sweet shop.
8. Who is the only member of Matilda's family who waves goodbye?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Mr. Wormwood.
(d) Mrs. Wormwood.
9. Who died in Miss Honey"s family when she was only two years old?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
10. What does the author say Miss Honey's sitting room is as bare as?
(a) A prison cell.
(b) A student's fridge.
(c) A village library.
(d) A cardboard box.
11. How does Miss Trunchbull react when she first sees the newt?
(a) She jumps out of her chair.
(b) She faints.
(c) She runs from the room.
(d) She throws Lavender out of the window.
12. Why does Trunchbull tell Matilda she doesn't like her?
(a) Her mother is nasty.
(b) Her brother is stupid.
(c) Her father is a crook.
(d) She is a worm.
13. What is different about Miss Honey's door?
(a) It is only half a door.
(b) It has no keyhole.
(c) It opens outwards.
(d) It has no door knob.
14. Where are Matilda"s family moving to?
15. What does it feel like is shooting from Matilda's eyes?
(a) Invisible arms.
(b) Silver forks.
(c) Lightning bolts.
(d) Invisible feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does Trunchbull use to describe Bruce Bogtrotter?
2. What is Trunchbull's first name?
3. What does Matilda think is the first indicator that Miss Honey is poor?
4. How does Miss Honey thank Matilda for her help?
5. What must always be on the table when the headmistress teaches the class?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)