|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Honey say Miss Trunchbull can liquidize children like?
(a) A human thrown into acid.
(b) A peach in a blender.
(c) Stone in lava.
(d) A carrot in a blender.
2. What does Miss Honey think that Miss Trunchbull is as barmy as?
(a) A bluebottle.
(b) A worm.
(c) A wasp.
(d) A bedbug.
3. How does Hortensia get in trouble with Miss Trunchball the first time?
(a) She pulled Truchbull's hair.
(b) She swore at the Trunchball.
(c) She refused to do any work in class.
(d) She poured golden syrup over Trunchbull's chair.
4. What material does the author compare Miss Honey's body to?
5. What does Matilda's father do with the sawdust?
(a) He uses it to wax the cars.
(b) He give away a free bag with every sale.
(c) He puts it into the car's petrol tank.
(d) He chews on it.
6. What does Matilda begin to lose herself in everyday?
7. What does Mr. Wormwood call his customers in the Platinum Blonde Man chapter?
(a) Dollar signs.
(c) Pound signs.
8. What does the author say Matilda's parents think of her as?
(a) A scab.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A ruin.
(d) A blister.
9. What kind of pet does Matilda put up the chimney?
(a) A cat.
(b) An owl.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A dog.
10. What color does Mrs. Wormwood dye her hair?
11. What is Miss Honey's first name?
12. What magazine does Mr. Wormwood read from cover to cover every week?
(a) The Zoot.
(b) Film Weekly.
(c) The Autocar.
(d) The Jobsmag.
13. What author did Matilda travel to Africa with?
(a) Rudyard Kipling.
(b) Frank O'Connor.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Joseph Conrad.
14. What material does Matilda's father say is the secret to his success?
(a) Cotton wool.
(b) Hair dye.
(c) Bread crumbs.
15. What is the title of chapter two?
(a) The Pied Piper.
(b) The Hat and the Superglue.
(c) The Hair Dye.
(d) Mr. Wormwood the Great Car Dealer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dahl say teachers have to listen to from proud parents?
2. Who does Matilda write a poem about?
3. Who does Matilda's father say will be joining him in his business?
4. What writer does Matilda tell her father was bald?
5. What does Mr. Wormwood think his workers think he is trying emulate by keeping his hat on his head all day?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)