|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hortensia eating while she talks to Matilda and Lavender?
(a) Ice cream.
2. Who does Matilda's father say will be joining him in his business?
(a) Mrs. Wormwood.
(d) Miss Trunchball.
3. What does the author say Mr. Wormwood looks like in his loud suit?
(a) An Italian operatic singer on hoilday.
(b) A high-class pimp.
(c) A member of the paparazzi.
(d) A low-grade bookmaker.
4. What does Matilda's father do with the sawdust?
(a) He uses it to wax the cars.
(b) He chews on it.
(c) He puts it into the car's petrol tank.
(d) He give away a free bag with every sale.
5. What event did Miss Trunchbull compete in at the Olympics?
(a) The hammer.
(b) The shot put.
(c) The javelin.
(d) The discus.
6. What kind of cars does Matilda's father sell?
(b) Second hand cars.
(c) Japanese cars.
7. What is the name of Mrs. Trunchbull's lock in cupboard?
(a) The Pokey.
(b) The Thimble.
(c) The Chokey.
(d) The Jimbo.
8. What does Mr. Wormwood think his workers think he is trying emulate by keeping his hat on his head all day?
(a) A gangster.
(b) A president.
(c) An assassin.
(d) A king.
9. What is the name of the village's librarian?
(a) Mr. Jackson.
(b) Mrs. Thomas.
(c) Miss Honey.
(d) Mrs. Phelps.
10. Where does Matilda's father get his sawdust from?
(a) The sawmill.
(b) The children's playground.
(c) The village farm.
(d) The golf club.
11. What kind of car is Matilda's father glad to buy?
(a) One with no engine.
(b) One with the gears worn out.
(c) With with flat tires.
(d) One with no sparkplug.
12. What did Matilda's parents call her rather than congratulating her for her speech abilities?
(a) A random number.
(b) A looney tune.
(c) A chatterbox.
(d) A foolish little girl.
13. What does Mrs. Wormwood tell Matilda she will learn when she is older?
(a) Family comes first.
(b) Life in meaningless without a man.
(c) People are cruel.
(d) Men are not as clever as they think.
14. What does Miss Honey say Miss Trunchbull can liquidize children like?
(a) A carrot in a blender.
(b) Stone in lava.
(c) A human thrown into acid.
(d) A peach in a blender.
15. Who does Trunchbull call a real pillar of our society?
(a) Miss Honey.
(b) Mr. Wormwood.
(c) Margeret Thatcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What writer does Matilda tell her father was bald?
2. What is Matilda's surname?
3. What does Mrs. Wormwood think her daughter should be focusing on?
4. What is the title of the only book in Matilda's house?
5. Who does Miss Honey have to tell to stop grinning?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)