|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car is Matilda's father glad to buy?
(a) One with no engine.
(b) One with no sparkplug.
(c) One with the gears worn out.
(d) With with flat tires.
2. What is the name of Matilda's brother?
3. Who does Matilda write a poem about?
(c) Miss Trunchbull.
(d) Miss Honey.
4. What event did Miss Trunchbull compete in at the Olympics?
(a) The shot put.
(b) The discus.
(c) The javelin.
(d) The hammer.
5. How does Matilda's father get the hat off of his head?
(a) He has an operation.
(b) He pulls it off.
(c) He cuts it off.
(d) He burns it off.
6. How does Hortensia get in trouble with Miss Trunchball the first time?
(a) She poured golden syrup over Trunchbull's chair.
(b) She pulled Truchbull's hair.
(c) She refused to do any work in class.
(d) She swore at the Trunchball.
7. What does Matilda's father say he has in his head?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A calulator.
(c) A computer.
(d) A pen and paper.
8. What has Michael inherited from his father?
(a) His love of crookery.
(b) His love of cars.
(c) His love of soccer.
(d) His love of books.
9. Why does Hortensia say parents don't complain about Trunchbull?
(a) The hired her in the first place.
(b) They don't know the truth.
(c) They agree with her.
(d) They are too scared.
10. What material does Matilda's father say is the secret to his success?
(a) Hair dye.
(b) Cotton wool.
(c) Bread crumbs.
11. What standard does Miss Honey think Matilda could get to in a few years time with the right coaching?
(a) Business school standard.
(b) High school standard.
(c) A-level standard.
(d) University standard.
12. Who does Trunchbull call a real pillar of our society?
(a) Mr. Wormwood.
(b) Miss Honey.
(d) Margeret Thatcher.
13. What kind of glue does Matilda put in her father's hat to stick it his head?
(b) Pritt stick.
(c) Flour paste.
14. What does the author say Matilda's parents think of her as?
(a) A blister.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A scab.
(d) A ruin.
15. What material does the author compare Miss Honey's body to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the natural color of Mrs. Wormwood's hair?
2. What book does the librarian suggest Matilda reads as her first adult book?
3. What is the name of the village's librarian?
4. What do Matilda's think is in the house when they can't find anyone?
5. What does Miss Honey interrupt when she goes to see Matilda's parents?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)