|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: The Trunchbull; Chapter 9: The Parents.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Matilda's father get his sawdust from?
(a) The golf club.
(b) The children's playground.
(c) The village farm.
(d) The sawmill.
2. Complete the following sentence - "even when your own child is a disgusting little..."
3. What kind of glue does Matilda put in her father's hat to stick it his head?
(a) Flour paste.
(d) Pritt stick.
4. Why does Matilda say she wants to eat her supper in the dining room?
(a) To read her book.
(b) To watch the birds.
(c) To talk to her brother.
(d) To be alone.
5. What does Matilda teach herself by the age of three?
(a) To sing.
(b) To write.
(c) To mimic.
(d) To read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the Red Pony?
2. What does the author say has made Matilda's life with her parents bearable?
3. What does Matilda's father do with the sawdust?
4. What is the name of the village's librarian?
5. What was Mr. Wormwood's face as dark as when he arrives back from work in the Ghost chapter?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)