|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: Miss Honey's Cottage; Chapter 17: Miss Honey's story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hortensia put in Miss Trunchbull's gym knickers?
(a) Itching powder.
(b) Leech powder.
(c) Burning powder.
(d) Rash powder.
2. What does the author say has made Matilda's life with her parents bearable?
(a) Reading her books.
(b) Visiting the library.
(c) Punishing them.
(d) Going to school.
3. What is Hortensia eating while she talks to Matilda and Lavender?
(c) Ice cream.
4. What does Mrs. Wormwood tell Matilda she will learn when she is older?
(a) Family comes first.
(b) Men are not as clever as they think.
(c) People are cruel.
(d) Life in meaningless without a man.
5. What does the author say Miss Honey's sitting room is as bare as?
(a) A cardboard box.
(b) A student's fridge.
(c) A prison cell.
(d) A village library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say Mr. Wormwood looks like in his loud suit?
2. What standard does Miss Honey think Matilda could get to in a few years time with the right coaching?
3. What does Matilda's father put in the gear boxes?
4. What is Mrs. Wormwood's hair the same silvery color as?
5. What kind of girls does Mrs. Wormwood say she is not in favor of?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)