Chapter 1: The Reader of Books
1. What is Matilda's surname?
2. What does Matilda's father do for a living?
(a) A car salesman.
(b) A gardener.
(c) A garbage collector.
(d) A doctor.
3. What is the difference between how most parents talk about their children and how Matilda's parents talk about Matilda?
(a) They say she is stupid.
(b) They say she can't watch TV.
(c) They say she is genuis.
(d) They say she is beautiful every day.
4. What color does Mrs. Wormwood dye her hair?
5. What is the name of Matilda's brother?
6. What is the name of the village's librarian?
(a) Miss Honey.
(b) Mrs. Thomas.
(c) Mr. Jackson.
(d) Mrs. Phelps.
7. What book does the librarian suggest Matilda reads as her first adult book?
(a) Sense and Sensibility.
(b) Moll Flanders.
(d) Great Expectations.
8. What does Matilda begin to lose herself in everyday?
9. Why does the librarian become concerned with Matilda?
(a) She comes to the library by herself.
(b) She is constantly crying.
(c) She is rude and aggressive.
(d) She seems to have no home go back to.
This section contains 3,977 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)